NFL 2016: The Regular Season Thread

buzzcut

Literally the worst game the Seahawks have played since Wilson came in 2012. I've never seen a team dominate Seattle for sixty minutes like that game. Wilson played the worst game of his career, too. I have no idea where the Seahawks go from here.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, Tannehill is likely done for the season after a possible ACL tear. I feel like I should have more of a melancholy attitude about it, but I don't. It's probably because I don't even want them to try getting into the playoffs (they'd likely have to play Baltimore again and they can never beat those :censored:s). The rest of our remaining schedule is our division... just get one win out of those three games, and we get a winning record. That's all I really care for now.

Atlanta has scored more TDs in Los Angeles this season than the Rams have.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

2 hours ago, MCH925 said:

Literally the worst game the Seahawks have played since Wilson came in 2012. I've never seen a team dominate Seattle for sixty minutes like that game. Wilson played the worst game of his career, too. I have no idea where the Seahawks go from here.

Well, they have to figure that out fast with a game with Los Angeles next up. Even though it's at home and it's on Thursday night, the Rams always seem to give Seattle fits, and as evidence of said fact, I bring up the Week 2 game where the Rams held Seattle to a field goal in a 9-3 loss.

To the ones clamoring for Dak's head after one bad truly bad game, just stop. This isn't fantasy football where you switch out players on a whim. Watching local sports "fans" react to this is disgusting right now. 

Perspective time: Dallas is 11-2 with a rookie QB/RB and a suspect at best defense. That's an ok start, last I checked. Nobody expected this team to go 15-1 and to be trying to ship off Dak Prescott for a feeble Tony Romo...just shut up. Seriously. 

I'm a big Cowboys fan and cowboys "fan" really get under my skin. 

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

3 minutes ago, vicfurth said:

To the ones clamoring for Dak's head after one bad truly bad game, just stop. This isn't fantasy football where you switch out players on a whim. Watching local sports "fans" react to this is disgusting right now. 

Perspective time: Dallas is 11-2 with a rookie QB/RB and a suspect at best defense. That's an ok start, last I checked. Nobody expected this team to go 15-1 and to be trying to ship off Dak Prescott for a feeble Tony Romo...just shut up. Seriously. 

That sums up my feelings. If anything its a learning experience for him. He's going to have rough games like that. I'm pleased with how far they have gotten and they have a chance to rebound against Tampa. 

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

2 hours ago, vicfurth said:

You've seen those fans too? I agree, completely. Man, it's nights like this where I understand why people hate Cowboys' "fans" so much. If I weren't a Cowboys fan, I'd hate them too. 

But on the topic at hand, anyone who seriously thought Dak and the Cowboys would go on an 18-game winning streak collimating in a Super Bowl win is completely delusional. A loss was coming. 

Tonight was a valuable learning lesson for Dak. Let's see how they respond against Tampa.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

9 hours ago, SabresRule7361 said:

Giants. Packers.

They're lurking in the NFC.

Both made mondo statements against the NFC front-runners of the last 1.5 months.

As is Tampa Bay who has taken down KC and Seattle in recent weeks and faces Dallas next week.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The Rams are holding a press conference at 3pm Pacific today; Mason & Ireland on their flagship radio station (ESPN LA 710) are mentioning that John Fassell (Jim's son) will take over the remainder of the season, despite Dave McGinnis and Rob Boras both holding the "assistant head coach" title.  They also mention Jon Gruden and both Harbaugh brothers as possible coaching candidates.

40 minutes ago, MadmanLA said:

The Rams are holding a press conference at 3pm Pacific today; Mason & Ireland on their flagship radio station (ESPN LA 710) are mentioning that John Fassell (Jim's son) will take over the remainder of the season, despite Dave McGinnis and Rob Boras both holding the "assistant head coach" title.  They also mention Jon Gruden and both Harbaugh brothers as possible coaching candidates.

I think John Harbaugh would be a lock to coach the Eagles in the unlikely event that both he and Doug Pederson get let go after this season.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, MadmanLA said:

Right now, both the GM and head coach jobs for the Rams aren't that great. They don't have a 1st Round pick thus year and your roster (w/significant others) is looking for a reality show.

Archived