NFL 2016: The Regular Season Thread

buzzcut

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, MadmanLA said:

LMAO...the way Fisher looked yesterday after the loss, I think he knew he'll be :censored:-canned and it wouldn't be on Black Monday either.

There are times where you can just sense that the coach is going to get fired after a game.  I was getting that sense during the game yesterday.  The Rams are a sloppy team, their offensive line is awful, and they had a careless game.

Sadly, I think they'll go after the Falcons' OC.  Having just drafted a QB this year, a RB last year....they likely go with the Hollywood route and go for an offensive guy as coach.

3 hours ago, Crabcake47 said:

I freakin' hate the Patriots. 

No fanbase is more spoiled rotten.

God forbid they ever have to play a Wild Card Game as a 3 seed.

Unless DEN wins next week, looks like we're gonna be stuck with another predictable AFC Foxboro romp.

3 hours ago, Crabcake47 said:

I freakin' hate the Patriots. 

scrooge-small.gif

BB probably sending Saban a lump of coal for Cyrus.  Just because a kid goes to Alabama, doesn't make him a future Pro Bowler.  

They'll probably cough up a loss in Denver & warm whatever healthy bodies are left during the bye.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

33 minutes ago, SabresRule7361 said:

No fanbase is more spoiled rotten.

84 home wins in a row now after leading at half time.  MNF threw that out earlier.  That doesn't even make any sense how absurd it is.  

Not since Brady's first ever home start.  Read that again.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

24 minutes ago, 2001mark said:

84 home wins in a row now after leading at half time.  MNF threw that out earlier.  That doesn't even make any sense how absurd it is.  

Not since Brady's first ever home start.  Read that again.

Regular season only.

Ravens got them in the 2012 AFC-CG.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

46 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

Hard to say if this is as big of a change that I'm anticipating just yet.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I'm glad they brought back some challenges to the thing, but ultimately they just need to scrap the game entirely, and/or make it a convention or something.

11 hours ago, McCarthy said:

Fun until a player Robert Edwards his knee in a dodgeball game. 

Being preventative to this extent  is bull :censored: .  NFLers blow knees out and hurt themselves in preseason games every single season.  Guys get injured in the Pro Bowl.  Guys get hurt playing basketball or wrecking motorcycles or sneezing.  

You can't simply box these guys up for 4-5 months every offseason or shroud them in foam during every exhibition.  

More to the point is that the NFL won't even have the Pro Bowl for long anyway.  Players are forsaking going, stars especially, and the scheduling nature of it now essentially mandates any and all players from Super Bowl teams to give the game the finger.  What does that give you?  A roster full of replacements.

Last year there were 43 players selected that didn't participate, up from 28 no-shows in '14 and '15.  That number is only going to grow.

With the CBA coming up and the NFL already having to likely scrap Thursday Night Football as a business measure/negotiation tactic, look for participation in the Pro Bowl & battle over preseason games to be a much-debated subject of contention.  Players rightfully feel like they should only have to participate in games that count, but owners need starters to show up in exhibitions to get people to pay full price for exhibition contests.  It's not going to end well for the owners, methinks, but they'll get it back in some other regards - likely extending the season.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I tend to agree that they need to do something other than the game.  Fans like seeing players from all the different teams wearing their jerseys and having fun.  Something resembling a game works out in the other sports and is a disaster in football.

So just make it a PR event...after the Super Bowl so all teams are there...in Hawaii so players want to go.  Put them in their jerseys and have AFC/NFC skills competitions...or even eight division teams.  Maybe even really off-the-wall stuff like ping pong, "HORSE," and three-point shooting.  Maybe they can even announce the award winners...and make a big thing out of Man of the Year, highlighting the good things the finalists do for their communities.  Football is more about the coaches than the players and with the exception of a few superstars, fans don't really recognize some really good players like they do in MLB or the NBA.  So maybe they'll watch an event with players in jerseys and shorts showing their personalities.  

Players have not wanted to play in the Pro Bowl forever; nobody wants an ACL tear in February.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived