buzzcut

NFL 2016: The Regular Season Thread

Good luck,  Miami.  We don't want to make the playoffs.  

This Broncos offense makes me sick.  

Stephenson will be undoubtedly looking for a job as will most of our O-Linemen. 

Take all of our draft picks and draft an all new O-Line.  THAT'S what I want for Christmas next year.  I'll take Romo,  too.  

Edited by andycumbee19

13 hours ago, Kramerica Industries said:

With the Steelers win, they've clinched the North and the Ravens will finish in 2nd place.

With the win over Buffalo yesterday, the Dolphins have clinched a 2nd place finish in the South.

So, sir, I'm afraid I have some bad news...

The south?

The Los Angeles Rams haven't beaten the San Francisco 49ers since Thanksgiving weekend of 1990

They haven't beaten them in Los Angeles/at home since 1986

11 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

Don't worry, Denver. We'll spare you the embarrassment of getting blown out by Pittsburgh ourselves. B)

I do recall Ajayi running wild on us in the first matchup. I certainly don't want the same thing to reoccur.

Steelers showed heart and grit last night, but gave me a heart attack. Don't need that on Christmas.

On 12/25/2016 at 3:34 PM, Dolphins Dynasty said:

First the Cubs, now Cleveland? Do you not like happiness? :huh:

I like it only when it's my teams that are winning... and cities that aren't total dumps like Detroit and Cleveland.

I gotta say, Dak really is that good. Before I thought it was just the team around him making him look good but he is tearing Detroit apart right now

Dak's special. No doubt about it. I know he came into arguably the best situation a rookie QB could ever hope for but the quality of his play and substantial improvement he's shown over last year's QB's (Weeden, Cassell and Moore) is proof of his talent. The Cowboys got so unbelievably lucky with Dak.

Rex Ryan out. I don't understand the removal of coaches with a week or two left in the season.

0ap3000000764569.jpg

DAH JEEZ I JUST GOT FIRED AGAIN AH WELL YA KNOW AT LEAST I STILL GOT MY HOT-ASS WIFE AND WHATEVER

I think he may have lasted longer had he not hired his idiot brother.

Oh well. Back to the drawing board for the Bills. Again.

EDIT: I'm glad to see OC Anthony Lynn taking over as head coach next week. Ever since he took over, the Bills running game has been among the NFL's very best. Which is good, because they played most of the season without NFL receivers, relying on Robert Woods, who can't catch, and Percy Harvin, who can't play football.

Not a good year for the Ryan family, but Rex didn't get the job done to ownership's expectations.  I agree with DG...Rob didn't do his twin any favors, and Rex coaches offense in almost the same way Mike Brown did in the NBA.

1 hour ago, Jimmy! said:

Rex Ryan out. I don't understand the removal of coaches with a week or two left in the season.

Agreed.  I've never figured out what the advantage would be relative to waiting until the end of the season.

2 hours ago, leopard88 said:

Agreed.  I've never figured out what the advantage would be relative to waiting until the end of the season.

If the organization has already made its final decision then maybe it's just easier to let him go rather than talk to him and awkwardly pretend that everything is OK. They could be interviewing coaches that are out of the league or making contacts with agents without having to deny it. 

It it also allows you to be more open about your plans for the offseason and next year, as far as the GM making plans and decisions without having to either "fake" consult a soon-to-be-former coach, or just ignore him and create tension. 

It also gives you a chance to evaluate players under adversity and see how they respond. 

It obviously doesn't matter in terms of wins and losses, but there are a few benefits. 

9 hours ago, MadmanLA said:

Not a good year for the Ryan family, but Rex didn't get the job done to ownership's expectations.  I agree with DG...Rob didn't do his twin any favors, and Rex coaches offense in almost the same way Mike Brown did in the NBA.

The offense isn't what did Rex in... he inherited a top-5 defense and took it to the bottom half of the league for both of his seasons here.  That was despite using their top pick last year (a second rounder) and their top three picks this year on defensive players; for a "defensive guru", that's piss poor.

9 hours ago, Jimmy! said:

8 hours ago, leopard88 said:

In terms of sport, it all goes back to 2001 when Florida AD Jeremy Foley fired his baseball coach and used the quote later in 2004 when firing Ron Zook after a 7-4 season and 23-14 in three seasons.

"If something needs be done eventually, it must be done immediately."

So Deshawn Jackson hates playing for Washington, told Eagles players to tell the FO to bring him back (and word on the street is that they will). Also, Lesean McCoy said on instagram live that Deshawn told him he's going back.

McCoy wants to come back too, but that isn't likely to happen (and I hope it doesn't - it's hard enough to root for these guys now, but at least only one regular player them is a known bad guy. I only watched 4 games this season, and that may drop to 0 if they bring a dirtbag like McCoy back. 

The eagles are seriously flawed, but if Wentz had ANYONE to throw to (especially someone with some speed), they win two more games. If their lunkhead RT doesn't get suspended for most of the season (coinciding with their losing streak), they win a couple more games. 

As bad as they looked, they're really only a move or two away from being a 10 win team - and if MIN loses, they'll have a top 14 draft pick on top of it. 

Just hoping John Harbaugh gets fired so they can bring him here. 

4 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

So Deshawn Jackson hates playing for Washington, told Eagles players to tell the FO to bring him back (and word on the street is that they will). Also, Lesean McCoy said on instagram live that Deshawn told him he's going back.

McCoy wants to come back too, but that isn't likely to happen (and I hope it doesn't - it's hard enough to root for these guys now, but at least only one regular player them is a known bad guy. I only watched 4 games this season, and that may drop to 0 if they bring a dirtbag like McCoy back. 

The eagles are seriously flawed, but if Wentz had ANYONE to throw to (especially someone with some speed), they win two more games. If their lunkhead RT doesn't get suspended for most of the season (coinciding with their losing streak), they win a couple more games. 

As bad as they looked, they're really only a move or two away from being a 10 win team - and if MIN loses, they'll have a top 14 draft pick on top of it. 

If anything that shows how much of a misfire Chip Kelly was.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

From what I'm hearing around here, don't hold your breath.

Most of what I've read is that he is safe for now.  The Ravens went so far as to confirm/announce publicly that he is under contract beyond 2017, so he isn't going into a lame duck year.