Jump to content

NFL 2016: The Regular Season Thread


buzzcut
 Share

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, 2001mark said:

Bills are starting EJ Manuel this week, & it wasn't the interim coach's decision.  The official word is it's a business decision.

Beat reporter said it's a little more complicated than this, but basically the team will definitely be on the hook for a lot of Tyrod Taylor's huge contract if he suffers an injury that lasts until the new league year. Otherwise, they and the new coach have the ability to ditch the contract this offseason.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, ninersdd said:

Chip Kelly and Trent Baalke both appear to be gone in SF.

 

Yep.  It's good for them but the Yorks running the team will never let them be a success. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, See Red said:

Kubiak is rumored to be stepping down in Denver. He's had a couple of health scares so I can't say I blame him. 

 

From the Broncos beat:

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, CS85 said:

 

Yep.  It's good for them but the Yorks running the team will never let them be a success. 

Same problem as Cleveland, management blames everyone but themselves. If dynasties ran on their logic, Bill walsh would have been looking for a job after his second season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Rj0498 said:

Same problem as Cleveland, management blames everyone but themselves. If dynasties ran on their logic, Bill walsh would have been looking for a job after his second season.

 

Another issue with the Niners is that ownership flat out doesn't care if they win or lose. Despite what they try to (weakly) say publicly, they don't give two :censored:s if the product is successful on the field, as long as they're making money while still putting in a minimal amount of personal effort, they're satisfied. They only operate the way they do to save face and give the illusion that they're trying to be proactive. Which is funny, because it'd be a whole helluva lot less work if they would just be genuinely proactive rather than try to fake it. But they're not smart enough to understand that. It's been this way since Debartolo had to give the team to his sister and she let her lazy ass cheapskate of a husband run them. John York was terrible at owning the 49ers, and Jed is all the things his dad was on top of being even more incompetent as well as an entitled prick. The Niners are a useless franchise to root for, and that's why despite them being the most successful team from my local area, I just couldn't ever stick as a fan. I've had my "fan" moments with them, no doubt. I liked them a lot when I was a really little kid (Merton Hanks is still one of my all-time favorite players), and Kaepernick starting for them brought me back for a bit due to my Reno connection, but every time I try to end up in their corner, I walk away feeling even more disgusted than I did the last time, and it's always due to that idiot family that runs the team. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I predicted the Bucs would have 10 wins and make the playoffs, and was basically laughed at. They finished one game shy of my prediction. I'll take that and be happier than I have been with a Bucs season in a LONG time. Tampa really looks like a team on the verge of breaking out and ready making some real noise next year. I'd predict that they'll finish 12-4 with a division title, because that's kinda the way they're trending, but I fully expect them to regress off of a cliff and finish 4-12 because that's what the Bucs do. 

 

 

It's a Bucs life. Fire them cannons. Fun season. Bummer it's over. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

Eh, can't say I'm angry at Dallas losing; they had nothing to play for.

 

Also, Mark Sanchez = hot garbage

 

Bittersweet for me today. That was probably the last time we'll ever see Romo play QB for the Dallas Cowboys. He still looked really good too. I'd be shocked if he isn't playing for someone else next year. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

 

Bittersweet today for me. That was probably the last time we'll ever see Romo play QB for the Dallas Cowboys. He still looked really good too. I'd be shocked if he isn't playing for someone else next year. 

 

Yeah, he played all right his first pass (near pick) notwithstanding. We should be thankful for Romo's play; although Romo was this Generation's Danny White (minus the early playoff success).

 

If Romo didn't come into himself; who knows where this team would've been.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

Eh, can't say I'm angry at Dallas losing; they had nothing to play for.

 

Also, Mark Sanchez = hot garbage

Heh pretty much. my step father spent the last parts of the game talking about how much Sanchez sucked

Link to comment
Share on other sites

http://awfulannouncing.com/2017/eagles-beat-writer-kicked-out-of-press-box-for-violating-fan-code-of-conduct.html

 

While the link indicates that the Eagles VP of Marketing formerly worked for his paper, I am going to the think that the team was upset about one tweet he sent earlier today.

 

https://twitter.com/Jeff_McLane/status/815622204968812549

 

Screenshot_20170101-134407_zpshjtcugjc.p

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Bucfan56 said:

I predicted the Bucs would have 10 wins and make the playoffs, and was basically laughed at. They finished one game shy of my prediction. I'll take that and be happier than I have been with a Bucs season in a LONG time. Tampa really looks like a team on the verge of breaking out and ready making some real noise next year. I'd predict that they'll finish 12-4 with a division title, because that's kinda the way they're trending, but I fully expect them to regress off of a cliff and finish 4-12 because that's what the Bucs do. 

 

 

It's a Bucs life. Fire them cannons. Fun season. Bummer it's over. 

If only the offense hadn't fallen asleep with 3 games left. That Cowboys game really screwed us.

 

But to win 5 in a row, and finish with a winning season is more than I could have asked for. Playoffs next season seems reasonable, not a pipe dream.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.