NBA Expansion Project: Tampa Bay Sharks

Ignacio Illarramendi

This looks great! I really like everything about this team, but I wanted to point out that Philips Arena makes no sense as it is in Atlanta. Also the basketball seems a bit out of place on the main logo.

56e455ee03d99_newmexico.png.a50dec533f84

39 minutes ago, Jabel777 said:

This looks great! I really like everything about this team, but I wanted to point out that Philips Arena makes no sense as it is in Atlanta. Also the basketball seems a bit out of place on the main logo.

I agree and know that, The only arena in Tamp, FL is the other Philips Arena. I'm pretty sure the NBA would just build an Arena, but I don't know what it would be called that's why I just used the Philips Arena logo used by the Tampa Bay Bolts Hockey team

3 minutes ago, Ignacio Illarramendi said:

I agree and know that, The only arena in Tamp, FL is the other Philips Arena. I'm pretty sure the NBA would just build an Arena, but I don't know what it would be called that's why I just used the Philips Arena logo used by the Tampa Bay Bolts Hockey team

The arena used by the Tampa Bay Lightning is Amalie Arena, which is not Philips. The Hawks are the main tenant in the one and only Philips Arena, which is in Atlanta, not the Tampa Bay Area. 

PHI ALPHA! SIGMA ALPHA EPSILON. CAROLINA GAMECOCKS. ST. LOUIS CARDINALS. ST. LOUIS BLUES. ORLANDO CITY SC. JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS.

sc_gamecocks_sig1.png

40 minutes ago, KittSmith_95 said:

Why is there no teal on the away jersey?

Also, the shark fin looks off with the wave and the sun. It looks like it's all been squished together.

I'll admit the colours look good though.

1. Teal was a no go cause it looked like I was trying to fit too many pieces on to the jersey making it look horrible. Maybe in the future though

2. The wave with the shark fin will be fixed, Thanks for pointing that out.

11 minutes ago, GoGamecocks29 said:

The arena used by the Tampa Bay Lightning is Amalie Arena, which is not Philips. The Hawks are the main tenant in the one and only Philips Arena, which is in Atlanta, not the Tampa Bay Area. 

You're right, I think I accidentally pulled this arena logo out of the wrong folder. Sorry guys. But like I said before I'm pretty sure the NBA would just decide to build a new arena

3 hours ago, mattb6 said:

I'm not seeing a sun (if that's what it's supposed to be). It looks like a cannon ball exploding to me. 

It was originally a cannon ball, thanks for noticing. But I added the rays to add more pop, and it eventually looked more like a sun. But it's actually a sun if you wanted to know. 

I like the overall concept. Fits Florida well. Couple thoughts:

- The sun/cannonball thing is a little distracting IMO. Takes away from the fin, which I think could stand on its own. Or, you may want to try flipping the colors, ie make the ball red and the starry part the blue and teal.

- The kerning on the second "S" on the wordmark is too far out, every time I looked at the logo it really bugged me.

- Bit surprised you didn't have a teal away uni, perhaps a teal alternate would complete the set.

Nice start!

• 1 year later...

Archived