GeorgesL

Birmingham Stallions 2016 logo

I was looking at some horse logos online, for inspiration, and I came up with this logo for a reboot Birmingham Stallions team.

BirminghamStallions1.png

BirminghamStallionslogo1.png

This is very well rendered and is a very good start, the only critique I have is that 90% of the logo is very sharp and angular and the big, round leg muscle ends up looking very out of place.

18 hours ago, scraw28 said:

I like it hope to see some uniforms soon

You can see them here today!

BirminghamStallionsHelmet1.pngBirminghamStallionsHome.pngBirminghamStallionsRoad.png

Love the logo, but maybe consider giving them a unique color scheme, the current one feels too 49er-ish.

A darker shade of red (but not too dark; you could reel in some Crimson Tide fans since the team is from 'Bama) and lightning yellow might make a world of difference. Good stuff so far. 

Overall it looks really nice. My one criticism, however is that the stark angle where the back of the horse's leg meets the rest of the "body" is a little jarring. I'd suggest making more of a slope leading to the back point. Kind of how the overall shapes of the Broncos and Panthers logos are. Otherwise, great start!

6 hours ago, darkpiranha said:

Maybe instead of gold, an electric yellow, not unlike the Chargers. 

1 hour ago, NSLthe2nd said:

A darker shade of red (but not too dark; you could reel in some Crimson Tide fans since the team is from 'Bama) and lightning yellow might make a world of difference. Good stuff so far. 

You mean, like this:

stallionswksp.png

Second one is pretty close, although I think they were suggesting more of a yellow-gold (think Chargers). Nice work.

33 minutes ago, ujju2 said:

Second one is pretty close, although I think they were suggesting more of a yellow-gold (think Chargers). Nice work.

How about now?stallionswksp.png

The lightning yellow I was going for was the first one posted earlier. I saw Nike uniforms, and went "why not suggest that, because Nike?"

The yellow-gold lightning yellow might be better suited here, but you can make it a little paler. 

40 minutes ago, NSLthe2nd said:

The lightning yellow I was going for was the first one posted earlier. I saw Nike uniforms, and went "why not suggest that, because Nike?"

The yellow-gold lightning yellow might be better suited here, but you can make it a little paler. 

stallionswksp.png

Looks really good, I like the whole concept! I still like the metallic-gold lighting bolt better, but that's personal preference