19 hours ago, BenD said:

Looks good but I think the alternate would greatly benefit from swapping the maroon and the blue(except for the word mark and numbers), I just think the blue looks out of place in such a high quantity.

I'd have a tough time explaining to you why, but I really love the use of light blue. I do get what you're saying though. Maybe make something like the belt maroon?

5 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Don't apologize apologize, man. You've already got most of the league done, so no need to rush. Are you on your school's baseball team?

Anyway, the Phillies turned out great! Looking forward to Pittsburgh next. 

Alright cool. And yes, I am.

4 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

I think what you've done with the Phils looks good!  

Haha thanks!

Anyone else on the Phillies?

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

I'd have a tough time explaining to you why, but I really love the use of light blue. I do get what you're saying though. Maybe make something like the belt maroon?

Alright cool. And yes, I am.

Haha thanks!

Anyone else on the Phillies?

One detail I like, and its a subtle one, is the powder blue squatcho. Tiny splash of color but it looks really nice. Also the Liberty Bell patch is a good substitute for the sleeve numbers.

It's interesting that we came to similar conclusions about the road uniform/color palette. Use powder blue as a color but keep the away uniform grey. 

On 8/26/2016 at 4:30 PM, Carolingian Steamroller said:

One detail I like, and its a subtle one, is the powder blue squatcho. Tiny splash of color but it looks really nice. Also the Liberty Bell patch is a good substitute for the sleeve numbers.

It's interesting that we came to similar conclusions about the road uniform/color palette. Use powder blue as a color but keep the away uniform grey. 

Thank you. And yea, I almost put in the light blue away but due to the reception the Royals one got, I figured gray looked about as good.

Anyway, since things have been slowing down a bit recently, I figured I might as well post the Pirates today!

Logos

Pittsburgh Pirates Logos.png

-This is one situation where I've switched a primary logo to a roundel logo, just because I feel the pirate logo no longer fits the identity well, and the yellow P just is somewhat plain for a primary.

-For now, two caps, one black and one yellow, but I might add the black one with yellow stripes, depending on the different changes people might wanna see.

-Home and away wordmarks are the same, a yellow jersey with a black "Pirates" wordmark & white outline has been added, and the black jersey now says "Pittsburgh" in plain yellow.

Uniforms

Pittsburgh Pirates Home.pngPittsburgh Pirates Away.pngPittsburgh Pirates Alternate 1.pngPittsburgh Pirates Alternate 2.png

-My updates for now are surprisingly conservative, especially considering all of the possibilities the Pirates could try from their past. I just felt the current set doesn't really need much change, so I just tried to make everything more consistent. If you all think I should go "out there" maybe a bit more, let me know.

-The main home and away stay the same, besides the one sock pattern across all jerseys.

-The alternates are fairly unique across baseball, obviously inspired by their 70's looks, and their current Sunday alternate.

-Like some other teams in this series, the different accessories can be mixed and matched across all jerseys (pants included, except for gray at home or white away.) This creates, again much inspired by @Carolingian Steamroller's series, a ton of different combinations. I personally wouldn't really be keen on an all-yellow combo, but I think all black could actually look really sweet (On the topic of black pants, I almost added black pants for occasional use for the Marlins with their alternate black jersey, which I thought would've been interesting...)

Let me know what you all think! C + C appreciated!

As expected, the Pirates look very solid. The roundel logo would take some getting used to, but there's nothing inherently flawed about it. I'm just a big fan of the "P" logo.  

I for one would like to see the stripes on the caps, as it would be something unique to the Pirates in your league. If you decide to do this, I would suggest adding a third yellow stripe to the black socks so the patterns match. 

1 hour ago, coco1997 said:

As expected, the Pirates look very solid. The roundel logo would take some getting used to, but there's nothing inherently flawed about it. I'm just a big fan of the "P" logo.  

I for one would like to see the stripes on the caps, as it would be something unique to the Pirates in your league. If you decide to do this, I would suggest adding a third yellow stripe to the black socks so the patterns match. 

52 minutes ago, Paul Lucas said:

Good work! I'd like to see three stripes for them...given their history with the three stripes on the late 70's unis.

Ok. Do you think I should replace the current ones with the stripes on the hats, or add the hats on as alternates?

12 minutes ago, ATolly66 said:

The Pirate uniforms aren't showing up for on my computer for some reason.

Try refreshing the page. I had to update the post to add names on the back, something I forgot to do.

1 minute ago, MJD7 said:

Ok. Do you think I should replace the current ones with the stripes on the hats, or add the hats on as alternates?

I would say it would be cooler if the three-striped caps were their only caps. That way they'd be rocking the retro '70s look full time. 

22 hours ago, MJD7 said:

Try refreshing the page. I had to update the post to add names on the back, something I forgot to do.

By stripes, I mean on the stirrups...to pay homage to that era. I like the "We are Family" unis, but only as a occasional throw/fauxback...not as a main alternate. 

Though, I really like the tops on the alternates and I think they'd look great with the home/road pants. Or at least that should be an option. As for the stripes on caps...I'd say only when paired with colored pants. 

Also, for the roundel logo...could you make the white part yellow? I think if you did that, it'd look really good on the sleeves. Respectfully:image.jpeg

(maybe you can do the original one on the yellow jersey).

Excellent work!

17 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Any chance of seeing a tweak to the Pirates soon?

Sure thing!

Sorry for the long absence, things have been extremely busy for me lately. Here is the update!

Pittsburgh Pirates  Home Proposal.pngPittsburgh Pirates Away Proposal.pngPittsburgh Pirates Alternate 1 Proposal.pngPittsburgh Pirates Alternate 2 Proposal.png

-The three stripes were added to the hats & socks.

-Before I did @Paul Lucas's recommendation of making the roundel yellow in the primary, I wanted to maybe test the waters on something else first. I really liked how the Cardinals with their Stan Musial patch a few years ago made the middle part match the color of the jersey on all of them. So I thought, why not try that with these? It's a small thing, but unique around baseball at that. Except for the black jersey, the roundel patch matches the color of the jersey for now.

To me, this one seems a bit too in-between, I'm not sure why. Maybe I should put the three stripes on the sleeves & pants, and remove them from the neck? Let me know!

15 hours ago, Paul Lucas said:

Excellent job! I really like the patch idea. The stripes look great. I'd keep the striped caps for the fauxbacks only. 

14 hours ago, coco1997 said:

The striped caps look great, as do the matching three-striped socks. Nice to see an update!

3 hours ago, cjm3114jr said:

I've never liked the pirates "bumblebee". I can actually say that this is not that bad!

Thank you all. Anybody else on the Pirates update?

Well, I figured since I was gone for a little bit that I might as well post the newly-finished Padres!

Logos

San Diego Padres Logos.png

-Getting the obvious out of the way: the Padres, in my opinion, need to return to brown & yellow. It's a unique color scheme across all 4 major sports, and while it may be a bit unconventional, it fits the name & brand better than arguably anything they have tried since. Brown & yellow makes its triumphant return.

-The primary logo was one of my main struggles in conceptualizing this. The idea I eventually went with was combining their 2012-2014 roundel primary with their very first 1969 primary that lasted all the way to 1984. The clear, main problem with this route though is that there is quite a lot of empty space at the top of the logo. If you guys have any ideas on how to improve this, I'm open to any suggestions.

-Along with the current alternate cap, a main brown cap with the yellow 'SD' is now the primary.

-The shade of brown, to me, looks a little too green on their current fauxbacks. The brown has been adjusted to be closer to the original shade.

-The main home & alternate wordmarks are now the new "PadreS" wordmark that is on their new fauxback jersey. It's personally my favorite Padres wordmark ever, and it's the one that best matches the road uniform.

-Speaking of, the road uniform has that sandish-brownish tint to the gray that I've seen on so many previous concepts, an element that I think looks really good.

-A yellow alternate jersey has been added as well. I think it looks cool.

Uniforms

San Diego Padres Home.pngSan Diego Padres Away.pngSan Diego Padres Alternate 1.pngSan Diego Padres Alternate 2.png

-All jerseys follow the same basic template of having a unique striping pattern (a mix of two different forms of "double-piping" the Padres use... the striping on the sleeves of last year's home and this year's home, but without the headspoon) on the sleeves and the socks.

-Although I wasn't planning this going in, one thing that was off-putting about having the primary logo as a patch was the overly-large present of white on the road jersey, which otherwise didn't have any. So, to fix this, I had to take one out of my Pirates playbook and make the background of the inner circle the sandish-brown. Maybe I should just take the primary patch off altogether, let me know what you all think.

-For now, the alternate cap is being used with the brown alternate, but I would imagine that it could be used with the yellow alternate too on occasion, or maybe even with the primary home.

-The old number font makes its return in this set, just because I think it fits better, and that a block font doesn't suit the Padres to me.

Feel free to tell me anything you guys think about this new Padres set, or maybe even the Pirates update too!

Great job on the Padres. To me, this looks like the logical next step for their current identity, which I think is probably a transitionary look between the navy and fully embracing the brown and yellow again. 

My only suggestion would be to put the "SD" or "San Diego" wordmark on one of the alternates so you don't have three jersey options all with "Padres" on them. 

1 hour ago, coco1997 said:

Great job on the Padres. To me, this looks like the logical next step for their current identity, which I think is probably a transitionary look between the navy and fully embracing the brown and yellow again. 

My only suggestion would be to put the "SD" or "San Diego" wordmark on one of the alternates so you don't have three jersey options all with "Padres" on them. 

Here is a version of the yellow with "San Diego." I do think I like it better.

San Diego Padres Alternate 2.png

Archived