Recommended Posts

52 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

Ok. I'd agree with you that that was the case with the actual redesign, since the cut isn't at an angle on the jerseys. To me though, they could possibly represent fangs when at an angle because of the sharpness, especially if I flip the pant. Idk, haha, what do you think?

I don't know, you're reaching a little bit. But it IS your design. I personally don't care for their piping. I also haven't seen a single positive remark about them on any other forum. 

 

Diamonds on the back, on the cap, fangs on the wordmark, 'D' snake on the cap, snake patch on the sleeve. And then to add 'fang piping?'lol. (This isn't to you, but to the D-backs organization...like we get it, you guys are snakes) 

 

I like what you've done. I'm also looking forward to the rest of this series. I just think the piping is too much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will say this, the half pant-leg stripes look better on these concepts than they do on the actual uniforms. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Paul Lucas said:

I don't know, you're reaching a little bit. But it IS your design. I personally don't like it. I also haven't seen a single positive remark about them on any other forum. 

 

Diamonds on the back, on the cap, fangs on the wordmark, snake patch on the sleeve. We get it, you guys are snakes. (Not to you, but the D-backs organization) 

Yea I'll admit it probably is a reach? There's just something I like about the sharpness of it.

 

I'll put out one last update either with the pants flipped or the stripes completed altogether. In the meantime, does anyone else have any remarks before I upload that and the Braves?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

Yea I'll admit it probably is a reach? There's just something I like about the sharpness of it.

 

I'll put out one last update either with the pants flipped or the stripes completed altogether. In the meantime, does anyone else have any remarks before I upload that and the Braves?

LOL, I can appreciate the sharpness. So here, I'll budge...what if you completed the piping and then had it visually go down to the stirrups and end at an angle like fangs?...!?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/1/2016 at 5:00 PM, Paul Lucas said:

LOL, I can appreciate the sharpness. So here, I'll budge...what if you completed the piping and then had it visually go down to the stirrups and end at an angle like fangs?...!?

I tried it, and it looked pretty cool, but it left me stuck on what to do with the sleeves. Ultimately, I had to decide to just flip the pants. Honestly, I think it does look a lot better (Guys who wear tall socks won't look as weird, for them it'd be a complete stripe.) 
So here is what is most likely the final update before I move on, which is also updated on the original post:Arizona Diamondbacks Home.pngArizona Diamondbacks Away.pngArizona Diamondbacks Alternate 1.pngArizona Diamondbacks Alternate 2.png

 

Last call for comments before I upload the Braves!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, flipping the direction of those pant stripes is a great compromise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I'm not sure how you all are going to react to this (and I might have to come back and update after this season if they get new uniforms), but...

Here come the Braves!

 

Logos

Atlanta Braves Logos.png

-Primary is now the A with the tomahawk. I'm not really a fan of primary logos that are just scripts.

-One hat logo- Same A with the tomahawk on a navy background.

-Jersey scripts for the most part stay the same, the exception being that the navy jersey now has a red wordmark and tomahawk.

-Overall, the tomahawk has a large presence in the imagery and branding, and there's also slightly more yellow, and you will see why below...

 

Uniforms

Atlanta Braves Home.pngAtlanta Braves Away.pngAtlanta Braves Alternate 1.pngAtlanta Braves Alternate 2.png

-One hat: Navy, red brim, red A with the tomahawk.

-The headspoon piping has been removed from the set, not because I didn't like it, but because it helped clean things up a bit.

-With that clean up, it opened the door to a new idea of mine, so now it's time to acknowledge the elephant in the room: the new piping.

At first, it was just going to be regular piping on the sleeves, similar to what the Braves already have. But then I noticed that the tomahawk's yellow wrap along the handle was a cool design, and something that could be incorporated into the piping to maybe bring everything together. Maybe you all won't like it, and I can easily switch back, but it's worth a shot.

-Red alternate goes back to the wordmark in years past.

-Navy alternate adds red in the script, tomahawk, and numbers.

 

So that's about it, hopefully this bring an already pretty nice look into the modern age a bit more. What do you all think?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Loving the red & gold piping and the new primary logo. 

 

I'm really enjoying this series so far!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very cool piping! I'd like to see something on the stirrups to kinda bring it all together. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Loving the red & gold piping and the new primary logo. 

 

I'm really enjoying this series so far!

Thank you!

3 hours ago, Paul Lucas said:

Very cool piping! I'd like to see something on the stirrups to kinda bring it all together. 

 

1 hour ago, cjm3114jr said:

I like the piping! I do agree with @Paul Lucas on the fact that something on the stirrups would look cool

Thank you both! Funny thing is, I was actually seriously considering adding the pattern on the stirrups, and had a set prepared depending on the reaction the piping got. Here they are:

Atlanta Braves Home.pngAtlanta Braves Away.pngAtlanta Braves Alternate 1.pngAtlanta Braves Alternate 2.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bingo! That stirrup striping really ties the whole set together nicely. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just curious how many teams you already have in the can. Or are you doing them one at a time?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, coco1997 said:

Just curious how many teams you already have in the can. Or are you doing them one at a time?

I have a general idea of what I want to do with every team, but right now all I have is the Orioles pretty much ready and an early start of what to do w/ the Marlins. So yea, I'm basically going one at a time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Both sets look good, but the A on the hat looks a bit small and I feel the detail in the tomahawk gets a little lost.  I'd recommend enlarging the logo on it a bit or perhaps maybe try putting it on a white panel to make the red pop more than as it is on the blue.  Anyway great work especially with turning the mess that is the D-Backs into something new and original that works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RCMacc said:

Both sets look good, but the A on the hat looks a bit small and I feel the detail in the tomahawk gets a little lost.  I'd recommend enlarging the logo on it a bit or perhaps maybe try putting it on a white panel to make the red pop more than as it is on the blue.  Anyway great work especially with turning the mess that is the D-Backs into something new and original that works.

Thank you! 

I get what you're saying. I liked the idea of a panel hat, so, along with enlarging the A, I added a white front panel hat to be worn at home on occasion (much like the Blue Jays) that mimics their old 70's hats. (The navy alternate can still be worn on the road, just with the regular navy hat)

Atlanta Braves Home.pngAtlanta Braves Away.pngAtlanta Braves Alternate 1.pngAtlanta Braves Alternate 2.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, MJD7 said:

Thank you! 

I get what you're saying. I liked the idea of a panel hat, so, along with enlarging the A, I added a white front panel hat to be worn at home on occasion (much like the Blue Jays) that mimics their old 70's hats. (The navy alternate can still be worn on the road, just with the regular navy hat)

Atlanta Braves Home.pngAtlanta Braves Away.pngAtlanta Braves Alternate 1.pngAtlanta Braves Alternate 2.png

I've never really cared for that cap logo (I was thrilled when they stopped wearing it) and I've always liked the triple placket piping, but I really, really like what you have here. At first when I saw your concept, my reaction was "uh, that cap

logo? And only sleeve piping? Meh" and then I realized the sleeve piping was based of the tomahawk and then the cap made much more sense. It looks really great. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.