20 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

Looking good. It's all coming along nicely.

Also, have you thought of using the orange brimmed cap with the black alternate?

I don't see any reason why it couldn't right now, sure. I just didn't match those up for the post, but they certainly could do so on occasion.

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally, I've always liked the San Francisco script seen on their dugout jackets, and I've always been curious how it would look on a away jersey. That said, being a script, I might look odd next to the blocking of home jerseys. The overall identity would have to shift back to the scripts (like the one in my avatar) for the look as harmonious as possible. I do like your changes on the away though, those are their current jersey in most need of tweaks IMO.

9 hours ago, the_hwedel said:

Personally, I've always liked the San Francisco script seen on their dugout jackets, and I've always been curious how it would look on a away jersey. That said, being a script, I might look odd next to the blocking of home jerseys. The overall identity would have to shift back to the scripts (like the one in my avatar) for the look as harmonious as possible. I do like your changes on the away though, those are their current jersey in most need of tweaks IMO.

Yea, I think both scripts look really nice, but with the abundance of scripts in MLB, I decided to drift away from that direction, for the Giants at least.

Ok here are some rough mockups of the primary logo, which one of the three do you all like best? Are there any other suggestions you might have?

Primary Proposal.png

46 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

Yea, I think both scripts look really nice, but with the abundance of scripts in MLB, I decided to drift away from that direction, for the Giants at least.

Ok here are some rough mockups of the primary logo, which one of the three do you all like best? Are there any other suggestions you might have?

Primary Proposal.png

This is a tough one. I'd have to say the first or second one. Which one were you leaning towards?

9 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

This is a tough one. I'd have to say the first or second one. Which one were you leaning towards?

I'd probably say the middle one, just because I like how the bigger letters convey the "Giants" name better.

Giants look great, the road word

mark has always bothered me so I'm glad you fixed it. The black jersey definitely looks best with the orange logo and numbers. I'm glad you fixed some problems without straying from their identity. Great job on them, can't wait for the next one!

Ok guys so here is my attempt at fixing the primary. Making logos is certainly not my forte, I wasn't even expecting to be making new ones for this series honestly. So maybe this looks a little clunky, but I took a shot at it. Let me know what you guys think!

Primary Proposal 2.png

8 hours ago, Paul Lucas said:

Great job with the Giants! Is the piping on the orange jersey cream/black/cream or gold/blk/gold? I think the former would be best. Can't wait to see the M's! 

It's intended to be cream/black/cream. I think the gold would look too dark & muddle.

Anyway, on to the M's!

Logos

Seattle Mariners Logos.png

-Seattle honestly has one of my favorite color schemes in all of sports. I think it is just a matter of using it effectively and embracing the unique color of teal.

-I'm not sure why, but there seems to be a discrepancy between the dark teal shown in vectors and in the wordmarks, and the bright jersey color (which I love.) To fix this, I tried to establish a set color for the logos to appear in that doesn't look too "Northwest Green." To be clear, the shade isn't actually changing, it's just unifying across the different variations.

-The only change to the primary for now is that the most outer ring has been recolored teal. I actually had quite a few other different options for the primary if you all would like to see those.

-The two caps featured are the regular navy hat, and the teal hat that has been brought back into the fold.

-To brighten up the jerseys and embrace teal, the main home and away jerseys have been recolored to teal with a navy outline. The home also has an extra silver outline, and the away a white one. I'm not sure how I feel about these extra outlines, especially on the away, so I might remove those in the next update. Alternate wordmarks remain the same.

Uniforms

Seattle Mariners Home.png

Seattle Mariners Away.pngSeattle Mariners Alternate 1.pngSeattle Mariners Alternate 2.png

Seattle Mariners Friday Alt.png

-The teal brimmed cap is the main cap. I think it looks the best, and is extremely unique in the MLB.

-The placket piping has been removed in favor of a striping inspired by the Seattle Pilots uniforms. I do realize they went on to be the Brewers, but still felt that the striping had a very naval feel to it and was unique. The pattern is seen on the sleeves and socks.

-Home and away wordmarks are teal as previously mentioned, and so are the numbers.

-Speaking of numbers, I incorporated the font seen on the current alternate across all jerseys. I know that most people don't actually like that font, but I do and think it fits better with the identity than a generic block.

-The navy alternate is now worn with the teal-brimmed cap, to lighten things up a bit.

-I absolutely loved the use of the teal cap with the white jersey back in the 90's. I knew I had to incorporate that into my set, so I added a Friday alt with the teal hat, and teal socks as well just for fun.

-I actually had a hard time choosing the day, since this could also be a "Teal Tuesday/Thursday" or something for Sundays. I'm open to switching that if you all have a preference.

-I think the Mariners could sometimes do a "teal-out" where they wear all of their teal elements, but only rarely. I didn't feel like it was necessary to make that combination, but just know that it's possible.

Hopefully you guys like this set as much as I do! Also, if you want to see the other options for the primary, let me know!

Great work, bro! I agree, they should definitely embrace the teal more. Not sure about the number font, though. I feel like it works in theory, but not so much in practice. Their current blue alternate is probably the worst jersey they've ever had...and the numbers are a part of the reason why. 

Nice job on the Mariners! A few comments: 

My one nitpick is that the sleeve stripes seem to meet the very edge of the sleeve, unlike the sleeves on the Pilots uni you linked to. I would move those stripes up a bit. 

A suggestion for the numbers: I for one like the style you used because it sets them apart from the rest of the league. However, if you decide to change the style but don't want to resort to plain block numbers, there's the number style they used from '77-80. Hope that helps!

Giants: The old home wordmark and the new primary really improved the set. Good job!

Mariners: I like that you've decided to go all-in on the teal, and that you've done something to make the striping a little more distinct. Well done! I actually like the custom number font, as it fits well with the wordmark font. My only nitpick would be to find a way to thicken the main part of the font, to give it a bit more heft on the jerseys' back. Other than that, well done!

4 hours ago, Paul Lucas said:

Great work, bro! I agree, they should definitely embrace the teal more. Not sure about the number font, though. I feel like it works in theory, but not so much in practice. Their current blue alternate is probably the worst jersey they've ever had...and the numbers are a part of the reason why. 

Thanks! I guess that's where we differ, I'm fine with it in practice, since it matches the wordmark well.

2 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Nice job on the Mariners! A few comments: 

My one nitpick is that the sleeve stripes seem to meet the very edge of the sleeve, unlike the sleeves on the Pilots uni you linked to. I would move those stripes up a bit. 

A suggestion for the numbers: I for one like the style you used because it sets them apart from the rest of the league. However, if you decide to change the style but don't want to resort to plain block numbers, there's the number style they used from '77-80. Hope that helps!

I didn't even notice the space in between, haha. I might move the stripes up on the sleeve in the update.

As for the number font, the '77-80 one feels a little bit too cartoony for me compared to everything else in the brand. I'm not sure what else I would do, but I personally really do like the current font.

1 hour ago, SFGiants58 said:

Giants: The old home wordmark and the new primary really improved the set. Good job!

Mariners: I like that you've decided to go all-in on the teal, and that you've done something to make the striping a little more distinct. Well done! I actually like the custom number font, as it fits well with the wordmark font. My only nitpick would be to find a way to thicken the main part of the font, to give it a bit more heft on the jerseys' back. Other than that, well done!

Thank you on both accounts!

I'm thinking about thickening the outline on the font, to make it more readable. I'll have to possibly see the best way of doing that.

The Mariners look awesome! From the use of the alt cap as main, to the nod to the Pilots, really nice job. I also like the new teal shade.

Nevertheless, I would suggest to use the throwback colours. How about a Throwback Thursday? You could make a cream/blue/yellow uniform and a light blue/blue/yellow road uniform (that may be too many designs, though).

11 hours ago, Victormrey said:

The Mariners look awesome! From the use of the alt cap as main, to the nod to the Pilots, really nice job. I also like the new teal shade.

Nevertheless, I would suggest to use the throwback colours. How about a Throwback Thursday? You could make a cream/blue/yellow uniform and a light blue/blue/yellow road uniform (that may be too many designs, though).

Thank you! As for the blue and yellow, I absolutely love it as a color scheme, but I think the Mariners have owned teal so well in the past that I felt the need to keep it and not add or detract anything from it. I've got nothing wrong with blue and yellow, other than somewhat forming a identity problem, much like the Brewers seem to be currently going through.

Here is an update to the Mariners, with the only thing officially adjusted so far being the sleeves moved up. Not the biggest change ever, but actually a pretty good adjustment in my book.

Seattle Mariners Home.pngSeattle Mariners Away.pngSeattle Mariners Alternate 1.pngSeattle Mariners Alternate 2.pngSeattle Mariners Friday Alt.png

Nobody really asked for them, but here are the different primary options I looked at. I think it was probably best to just stick close to the real one, but I'd be interested to hear you all's opinions on them.

Primary.png

Last thing, here is a rough example of the road wordmark with a thickened navy outline, and the white one removed. I think it looks pretty good, but it might create a bit of inconsistency. Let me know what you guys think.

Seattle.png

Cardinals should be ready later today!

Archived