• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, cjm3114jr said:

My favorite is the top middle, but the one you already have in place is fine as well.

2 hours ago, Paul Lucas said:

I kinda like the top right one. I feel like the teal pops nicely in that one. As for the thicker blue, I see no problem with it...especially, since the teal alt they wear now only has one outline. 

1 hour ago, coco1997 said:

I like the bottom left primary the most, and the thicker navy outline on the wordmark looks fine. 

The repositioned sleeve stripes look much better now. Looking forward to St. Louis!

Well, since each of you had a different favorite, I'll probably just stay with the original one. I don't think any of the options would've been a bad choice, though. 

Here are the home & away with thicker outlines. I think this might be a little too thick now, at least on the home. Let me know.

Seattle Mariners Home Proposal.pngSeattle Mariners Away Proposal.png

22 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

You could just go back to the original version with the thinner outlines and it would probably look fine. 

With the road too? If I did with one and not the other the inconsistency would seem odd to me

Alright, well I'll just keep the Mariners with the thin outlines for now. In the meantime, here are the Cardinals!

Logos

St. Louis Cardinals Logos.png

-The Cardinals have one of my absolute favorite identities in all of sports. No need to change much at all.

-The all red cap is the main cap, and a navy cap with a plain red 'StL' is used with the Sunday alternate.

-I'm personally impartial to having either "Cardinals" or "St. Louis" on the road, so I went with St. Louis to at least change something.

-The home alternate now says "Cardinals" to make up for the road change, and also to be more like a fauxback to these unis.

Uniforms

St. Louis Cardinals Home.pngSt. Louis Cardinals Away.pngSt. Louis Cardinals Sunday Alternate.png

-No need to change absolutely stunning home & away uniforms.

-I am personally in the camp of liking the red cap on the road, as it brightens everything up and fits better with the overall identity.

-The Sunday alt remains basically the same, other than the hat change and the removal of the name on the back.

-I think a red alt would look pretty fantastic, but opted against it just for the sake of tradition.

Not much to change with one of the best brands in all of sports, but let me know what you guys think!

13 hours ago, coco1997 said:

That alt is an absolute beaut. Great job on the Cards! 

13 hours ago, Paul Lucas said:

Great job!!! I may be in the minority, but I think piping would look good on the Cards. image.jpeg

Maybe on the sleeve, too (Just had to throw it out there). #UnpopularOpinion 

Also, maybe a black bat on the alt?image.jpeg

Thank you both! As for the black bat on the alternate, I kind of want to keep it yellow for the sake of consistency.

44 minutes ago, cjm3114jr said:

Even though you said you weren't going to add a red alt. can we see what it would've looked like?

Sure thing. It's pretty simple, a lot like my first Dodgers alternate, but I think it works effectively. I decided to go with "St. Louis" since this could be worn on the road as well. This isn't part of the set, but I still really like how it looks nonetheless.

St. Louis Cardinals Alternate 1.png

9 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

If you wanted to do something a little more different for the Cards' red alt, you could make the "STL" logo a crest and add white placket and sleeve piping.

Yeah, but not just white piping...image.jpeg

this piping would look AMAZING. (Tricky to do, I'm sure)

4 hours ago, coco1997 said:

If you wanted to do something a little more different for the Cards' red alt, you could make the "STL" logo a crest and add white placket and sleeve piping.

4 hours ago, Paul Lucas said:

Yeah, but not just white piping...image.jpeg

this piping would look AMAZING. (Tricky to do, I'm sure)

3 hours ago, coco1997 said:

And that's a pullover, so you'd have to convert the neckhole piping to placket stripes.

With all due respect, I think any direction of going down that road would result in something inconsistent with the Cardinals identity, so I think I'm just going to reserve that for now.

Anyway, here is a set I was really looking forward to getting to, here are the Rays!

Logos

Tampa Bay Rays Logos.png

-Light blue and navy is one of my favorite color schemes ever (it's also my school colors), and it's a scheme that is criminally underused. Columbia becomes more of the focus to distinguish from other navy teams.

-The only change to the primary is the coloring of the wordmark, to place more emphasis on the columbia, and to in turn be more readable.

-The main cap is carolina with a white "TB", navy shadow, and a manta ray in front. Navy and white variations are also used.

-While the ray of light is still used in some logos, it takes a backseat to the actual manta ray as the overall focus of the identity. If I was going to focus on the ray of light, I probably would've focused more on yellow like @davidrpaige so brilliantly did. However, I didn't want to lose the only navy & light blue team in MLB.

-The home wordmark is now columbia with a navy outline & shadow. I think this makes it much more readable, and makes it look really clean & unique.

-I know people were hesitant about making the Royals away fully light blue, but on this one I knew I wanted to at least try it again anyway. The away is columbia with a white wordmark and navy outline & shadow.

-The navy alternate is now a white wordmark with a columbia outline & shadow.

Uniforms

Tampa Bay Rays Home.pngTampa Bay Rays Away.pngTampa Bay Rays Home Alternate.pngTampa Bay Rays Alternate 2.png

-The Rays seem to overall be going for a classic-but-modern look, with their striped socks and fauxback unis. I decided to go all in on that concept.

-The home has columbia/navy/columbia striping on the sleeves and pants.

-I feel most people might not like this, but I decided to switch the name & number font to Times New Roman to better match the front wordmark. Personally, I'd rather have an okay but matching number font than a boring block font that doesn't.

-The manta ray is on the sleeve of every jersey.

-The striping on the away is inverted from the home. The columbia and white in the sock striping is switched from the real ones.

-I wanted to show the columbia jersey as a home alternate as well, just because I think that combination is absolutely gorgeous, and could be one of the best in all of baseball.

-The columbia hat can be worn at home or with the navy jersey on the road. The white-paneled hat is home only, and the navy hat is away only.

Give me any suggestions you'd like to see in the comments below!

The Rays look awesome! I really like the emphasis on Columbia blue, especially on the home wordmark. I'm not sold on that name and number font style, but I understand your reasoning for choosing it.

I hope you reconsider my idea for that Cards alt at some point, as I think it could turn out really cool.

Archived