• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Rangers look really solid but I'm really impressed with the Rays. You've finally found a good use of the Brewers' number font, not an easy feat!

Thank you! I appreciate it! This also reminds me that I should give credit to @Carolingian Steamroller for the Rangers number font. I used his #23 in his thread to make the other numbers that I was looking for in mine. It was much appreciated.

Anybody else have some suggestions/criticisms for the Rangers?

10 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Yep, I have to disagree with you on this one, @Paul Lucas. Normally I'm opposed to the same wordmark appearing on every jersey in a team's wardrobe but in this instance it works. 

The badge idea was very clever...so I can't even get mad. I once imagined a sleeveless alternate with just the badge logo on the chest. But this makes more sense for them. Good work, @MJD7.

6 hours ago, Paul Lucas said:

The badge idea was very clever...so I can't even get mad. I once imagined a sleeveless alternate with just the badge logo on the chest. But this makes more sense for them. Good work, @MJD7.

Thank you. Unless anyone has any more comments on the Rangers, I can post the Blue Jays whenever!

9 minutes ago, Paul Lucas said:

Bring on the Jays!

9 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

I for one am ready to see the Blue Jays! :flagcanada:

Alright, let's make it happen then!

Logos

Toronto Blue Jays Logos.png

-When the Blue Jays revealed their current identity back in 2012, it quite instantly became one of the most iconic brands in sports by returning to its past, but putting a fresh and modern twist on it. To be honest, I'm actually pretty surprised at how quickly it has risen to this status, but it is deservedly so. There really isn't anything at all to change, in truth. Logos are amazing, fonts are amazing, I really love all of it.

Uniforms

Toronto Blue Jays Home.pngToronto Blue Jays Away.pngToronto Blue Jays Alternate.png

-Everything about the Jays' current uniforms is gorgeous. The only real adjustment I made was to change the name font to something a lot closer to the jersey wordmark. Other than that I think it's safe to say that this is a pretty perfect set as is.

-The white paneled cap can be worn occasionally with either the alternate or the home jersey. Only sparingly, though.

I know there isn't much to see here, but I wanted to at least give you guys something unique in this post, so I mocked up a "Drake Night" jersey for the Jays just as a little fun thing. It wouldn't actually be in the set like the Raptors jersey is, but Drake is so prevalent in the city of Toronto that I figured I'd at least see what it looked like.

Toronto Blue Jays Drake.png

That's it for now. Since the Blue Jays don't really feature much change, I could possibly post the Nationals later today as well if you all would like! C + C appreciated.

You're right, the Blue Jays' set is among the top....and in very little need of changing. I like the new name font. I'd like to see a light blue (home) alternate to pay tribute to their old road unis. And maybe two white stripes on the stirrups. Excellent job! 

4 hours ago, KCDesign said:

I love the Drake night. My only complaint is that "Toronto" is too similar in color to the jersey itself, so it would likely be pretty difficult to read from a distance. Maybe try all white or gold with no outline?

2 hours ago, Paul Lucas said:

I don't care for Drake, but it does look really cool. I agree with @KCDesign, the 'TORONTO' should be all gold.

Here is hopefully a fixed version with a gold wordmark. The number follows suit as well.

Toronto Blue Jays Drake.png

2 hours ago, Paul Lucas said:

You're right, the Blue Jays' set is among the top....and in very little need of changing. I like the new name font. I'd like to see a light blue (home) alternate to pay tribute to their old road unis. And maybe two white stripes on the stirrups. Excellent job! 

2 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Can you try an away or home alternate that is light blue, to pay homage to the original away uniforms? Or is light blue away or alt reserved for the Rays?

I wouldn't really want this to be a part of the set personally, but here is a look:

Toronto Blue Jays Light Blue.png

Archived