3 hours ago, (probably)notabandwagonfan said:

I've never really cared for that cap logo (I was thrilled when they stopped wearing it) and I've always liked the triple placket piping, but I really, really like what you have here. At first when I saw your concept, my reaction was "uh, that cap

logo? And only sleeve piping? Meh" and then I realized the sleeve piping was based of the tomahawk and then the cap made much more sense. It looks really great. 

Thank you! I definitely knew going in that the red A with the tomahawk was a much less revered hat than the classic white A, but I felt this hat helped tie everything together a bit better. I'm glad you like it!

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hoping to get a little bit more reaction as we go forward, but nevertheless...

Here are the Orioles!

Logos

Baltimore Orioles Logos.png

-Primary logo is now the cartoon bird.The realistic bird is pretty much completely phased out of their identity, so might as well change the primary to suit.

-Black cap with orange front panel has been added full-time as an alternate on the road.

-Black alternate script now says 'Baltimore'

Uniforms

Baltimore Orioles Home.pngBaltimore Orioles Away.pngBaltimore Orioles Alternate 1.pngBaltimore Orioles Alternate 2.png

-Not much to change with the logos or uniforms. A pretty nice set already.
-Home socks are the ones probably most associated with the Orioles, back from the 50's and 60's.

-The Giants are probably more known for the three striped socks, so I reduced the Orioles roads to two stripes in order to make it slightly more consistent with the home socks.

-Orange front panel cap can be worn on occasion with either alternate jersey on the road, otherwise it will just be the regular black cap.

-Black alternate now says 'Baltimore' as previously stated, and there are now two orange stripes, to match the socks.

-This is a good time to clarify that if I have an alternate numbered, such as 'Alternate 1', that means it can be worn at home or on the road. In any other case I will specify it as a 'Home' or 'Away' alternate.

Otherwise, that's about it. Let me know what you all think!

5 hours ago, infernoqueso said:

I like what you did with the Orioles but I would remove the white piping from the orange alternate.

5 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Try making the script on the Orange alt white and see how you feel.

5 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Baltimore looks solid. I don't really have any specific suggestions for changes to make. 

3 hours ago, Paul Lucas said:

I actually like the white piping. It's a nod to: image.jpegimage.jpeg

Great work!

Thank you all! Sorry it took me a while to respond, I haven't been feeling well most of today. Anyway, here are two different looks, one with a white wordmark, and one without white in the middle of the piping. Which of the three (these two and the original) do you all prefer? Let me knowBaltimore Orioles Alternate 1 Proposal.png

Baltimore Orioles Alternate 1 Proposal 2.png

7 minutes ago, cjm3114jr said:

Not a fan of the alt 2 hat. With the orange front and the orange bird, it blends in too much.

Alright. Does anyone else agree and think I should get rid of the alternate hat?

I think I prefer that first version of the alternate with the all white script.

I personally don't mind the orange front paneled cap, I just don't think it looks good matched with the black alternate. With an orange alternate and pants, though? Definitely. 

42 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

I think I prefer that first version of the alternate with the all white script.

I personally don't mind the orange front paneled cap, I just don't think it looks good matched with the black alternate. With an orange alternate and pants, though? Definitely. 

Orange pants?

I'm torn between the original (because of the historical aspect) and the 1st option...that jersey is a thing of beauty! (Especially with the white panel cap...and I don't like panel caps...unless you're the Blue Jays...at home...and only some of the time). Either one would be great. You can't go wrong...unless you add orange pant, don't add orange pants.

32 minutes ago, Paul Lucas said:

I'm torn between the original (because of the historical aspect) and the 1st option...that jersey is a thing of beauty! (Especially with the white panel cap...and I don't like panel caps...unless you're the Blue Jays...at home...and only some of the time). Either one would be great. You can't go wrong...unless you add orange pant, don't add orange pants.

Here is a possible compromise for everyone... Maybe the orange panel hat can be worn only with the orange jersey on the road? Black alternate on the road could just be the normal black hat.

Baltimore Orioles Alternate 1 Proposal 3.png

I'm sorry, but I'm not really feeling the 'Compromise' set...especially on the road. I think that black road alternate is badvss. Plus, if you go with the white numbers and panel, it can be a unique look and completely different from whatever orange alternate you do for the Giants, which will likely have black numbers (assuming you're doing an orange alt for them...which I don't see why you wouldn't...and you're also already conscious of them with the stirrup pattern).

24 minutes ago, Paul Lucas said:

I'm sorry, but I'm not really feeling the 'Compromise' set...especially on the road. I think that black road alternate is badvss. Plus, if you go with the white numbers and panel, it can be a unique look and completely different from whatever orange alternate you do for the Giants, which will likely have black numbers (assuming you're doing an orange alt for them...which I don't see why you wouldn't...and you're also already conscious of them with the stirrup pattern).

Ok. So do you think I should keep the black alternate as is, or remove the orange front panel cap?

11 hours ago, MJD7 said:

Ok. So do you think I should keep the black alternate as is, or remove the orange front panel cap?

I'd go blackout! There's a lot of white and orange on the other sets (and rightfully so). This should be the contrast jersey. The one void of white. And have them look like this:image.jpeg 

Or this is cool, too: image.jpeg(with your awesome two-striped stirrups)

But I might just take it even further. They spent years à-la-Angels ignoring their city. Now that Baltimore is back on the uniform...go all the way and put an orange 'B' on a black cap. They could be like their hometown team (Ravens) and wear a dark, imposing set. Plus, they have a history of wearing all-black, panel-less caps.

They could wear their orange, white, and black stirrups for all the other sets, if you wanted. But this is when they go all Edgar-Allen-Poe on you!

6 hours ago, Paul Lucas said:

I'd go blackout! There's a lot of white and orange on the other sets (and rightfully so). This should be the contrast jersey. The one void of white. And have them look like this:image.jpeg 

Or this is cool, too: image.jpeg(with your awesome two-striped stirrups)

But I might just take it even further. They spent years à-la-Angels ignoring their city. Now that Baltimore is back on the uniform...go all the way and put an orange 'B' on a black cap. They could be like their hometown team (Ravens) and wear a dark, imposing set. Plus, they have a history of wearing all-black, panel-less caps.

They could wear their orange, white, and black stirrups for all the other sets, if you wanted. But this is when they go all Edgar-Allen-Poe on you!

5 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Personally I dig the orange front paneled cap, but I can see how others wouldn't. I don't think you're going to get a unanimous opinion on this one.

Ok so here is most likely the final update barring any other comments... But here is the best I could do to kind of take what I liked from what everyone said.

Baltimore Orioles Home.pngBaltimore Orioles Away.pngBaltimore Orioles Alternate 1 Proposal.pngBaltimore Orioles Alternate 2 Proposal.png

-Home & Road stay the same

-On the road, the orange alternate would now be the only one to *occasionally* wear the orange front panel cap. The white in the piping, although a nice homage to the past, has been removed to slightly better suit the jersey for both home and on the road.

-I really liked the way the white letters looked on the orange jersey, but I just didn't think it was what I was going for with the Orioles. As seen in the picture above, orioles are mostly black and orange, so I tried to keep it that way with the uniforms.

-Black alternate now keeps the regular road hat to match. It gives it somewhat of that 'black-out' look, which I do like. As for having a 'B' cap, I wanted to keep the consistency of the bird logo, and figured that having 'Baltimore' on the jersey should be good enough to pay tribute to the home city.

Thoughts/Suggestions before I upload the Red Sox most likely later today?

Alright so without further ado, here are the Red Sox!

Logos

Boston Red Sox Logos.png

-While making this I noticed that this was the first primary logo that I left unchanged (although I almost didn't)

-Two caps, one navy, and one red

-All wordmarks are the same as real life.

Uniforms

Boston Red Sox Home.pngBoston Red Sox Away.pngBoston Red Sox Alternate 1.pngBoston Red Sox Alternate 2.pngBoston Red Sox Sunday Alt.png

-Not much really changes from the Red Sox real uniforms. Their entire identity is absolutely classic, and I had a hard time finding anything I wanted to change.

-One thing I did add was a Sunday alternate cap, similar to what the Cardinals do. I absolutely love the red hat with the navy bill from the 70's, so I at least wanted to incorporate it somewhat into the overall identity. I'm not sure yet whether I'd want them to wear it on the road on Sundays as well, you guys can let me know what you think.

That's really about it! Not much to change with a classic set!

Archived