Great job with the sox! You fixed the missing sleeve piping on the road jersey. I'd like to see it on the road alt (for consistency). Also, if I may, these are among the best out there. image.jpegimage.jpeg

I'd also like it if you went back to the original red alternate with the piping: image.jpegimage.jpeg

again it's consistent with home piping (with the addition sleeve piping...which I wouldn't be opposed to). Loving the series so far!

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, Paul Lucas said:

Great job with the sox! You fixed the missing sleeve piping on the road jersey. I'd like to see it on the road alt (for consistency). Also, if I may, these are among the best out there. image.jpegimage.jpeg

I'd also like it if you went back to the original red alternate with the piping: image.jpegimage.jpeg

again it's consistent with home piping (with the addition sleeve piping...which I wouldn't be opposed to). Loving the series so far!

Thank you! Although I do agree those socks are very nice... I also think they're very era-appropriate, as in when I see those, I immediately think '60's Red Sox', if that makes sense. Since they are named the Red Sox, I'd prefer to keep their socks plain red to match the logo best.

As for the alternates, I'm not sure. Not sure why, but there's something I really like in the plainness of them. I'll have to see what other people say.

15 minutes ago, infernoqueso said:

How about the hanging sox patch on the road. I love that patch

Oh wow, haha that's my bad, I forgot to put that in. The original post has been updated

3 hours ago, coco1997 said:

I agree with Paul that it couldn't hurt to try the navy piping on the red alt just to see how it looks. Other than that, I'd say this set is pretty perfect as is.

Alright so here is a look at the things @Paul Lucas suggested. Personally, I'm not too huge a fan, but maybe that's just me.Boston Red Sox Alternate 1 Proposal.pngBoston Red Sox Alternate 2 Proposal.png

10 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

Alright so here is a look at the things @Paul Lucas suggested. Personally, I'm not too huge a fan, but maybe that's just me.Boston Red Sox Alternate 1 Proposal.pngBoston Red Sox Alternate 2 Proposal.png

YES!!! They both look great. It's perfect. You can throw in the socks patch on the road for extra brownie points (and consistency), but this looks just right. (And that's coming from a Yankee fan). 

5 minutes ago, Paul Lucas said:

YES!!! They both look great. It's perfect. You can throw in the socks patch on the road for extra brownie points (and consistency), but this looks just right. (And that's coming from a Yankee fan). 

Updated the original:rolleyes:

Alright so here is most likely the final update before I post the Cubs in a little bit.Boston Red Sox Home.pngBoston Red Sox Away.pngBoston Red Sox Alternate 1 Proposal.pngBoston Red Sox Alternate 2 Proposal.png

There was a pretty strong reaction towards having piping on the alternates, so I figured why not.

Any last comments/criticisms?

Well, here are the lovable Cubbies!

Logos

Chicago Cubs Logos.png

-Classic primary remains the same.

-One cap logo.

-Only change to the jerseys is to that of the road, where red replaces white in the wordmark.

Uniforms

Chicago Cubs Home.pngChicago Cubs Away.pngChicago Cubs Alternate.png

-Home & Alternate remain basically the same.

-Where the real changes come are on the away jersey. As previously mentioned, the wordmark's outline is now red, and now dual piping has been added on the sleeves, neck, and pants, mimicking this old Cubs jersey. The numbers have also been switched to blue w/ a red outline to match the home & the wordmark.

-I considered bringing back a red bill to the away jersey & alternate, but eventually decided against it.

Although it's been 3 straight teams that haven't really required much change, let me know what you think!

Great job, brother! I'm definitely a fan of the new away uniform. I prefer the original pipingimage.jpeg on it though, but I can understand why you didn't go with it...though I wish the alternate would've then followed suit. I do like the red bill cap and the red stripes on the stirrups (road and alt only)...but that's just me. 

I've never been a big fan of that road alternate. I think it's the Cubs worst look right now. One idea would be to add red & white trim around the collar and sleeves to emulate this underrated jersey from the '80s. I also think you could even lose the front numbers on the road primary jersey. I like that the road jersey mimics this classic jersey.

1 hour ago, Paul Lucas said:

Great job, brother! I'm definitely a fan of the new away uniform. I prefer the original pipingimage.jpeg on it though, but I can understand why you didn't go with it...though I wish the alternate would've then followed suit. I do like the red bill cap and the red stripes on the stirrups (road and alt only)...but that's just me. 

1 hour ago, coco1997 said:

I've never been a big fan of that road alternate. I think it's the Cubs worst look right now. One idea would be to add red & white trim around the collar and sleeves to emulate this underrated jersey from the '80s. I also think you could even lose the front numbers on the road primary jersey. I like that the road jersey mimics this classic jersey.

26 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

I like the use of two color stripes on the away jersey. I'm with @coco1997 on trying red and white piping on the alternate. I think it could work well with the grey pants. 

I tried the suggestion of the white and red piping that you all had, and I honestly really like how it turned out. Here's that and a look at the road without a front number:

Chicago Cubs Alternate.pngChicago Cubs Away.png

Sooo close. 

- The gray jersey looks incomplete without the front number. Maybe restore it but lose all the striping/piping on the jersey and pants.

- For the blue, put the main logo on the chest and move the secondary to the left sleeve. I think it's time to drop the NL patch. Lose the piping/striping on the jersey as well. 

3 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

Sooo close. 

- The gray jersey looks incomplete without the front number. Maybe restore it but lose all the striping/piping on the jersey and pants.

- For the blue, put the main logo on the chest and move the secondary to the left sleeve. I think it's time to drop the NL patch. Lose the piping/striping on the jersey as well. 

-I kind of thought that at first too, but then I realized that it allowed for more emphasis on "Chicago" which I liked. Besides, none of the other jerseys have front numbers, so it helps for consistency. Also, why lose all the piping?

-For me, it's really hard to switch out the logo on the blue jersey, that's one of my favorite parts about it. And while I'm not necessarily a fan of the NL logo either, I do still think it is an interesting quirk of theirs.

1 hour ago, MJD7 said:

-I kind of thought that at first too, but then I realized that it allowed for more emphasis on "Chicago" which I liked. Besides, none of the other jerseys have front numbers, so it helps for consistency. Also, why lose all the piping?

-For me, it's really hard to switch out the logo on the blue jersey, that's one of my favorite parts about it. And while I'm not necessarily a fan of the NL logo either, I do still think it is an interesting quirk of theirs.

Agreed. The added piping on the road jersey really delivers that sweet '50s style look.

I'm also not a huge fan of the "C" and walking bear logo, but I think the trim you added around the neckhole and sleeves is enough of an improvement on their current alt that it doesn't bother me.

Archived