Alright, welp, might as well post the Motor City!

Logos

Detroit Tigers Logos.png

-Primary is now the Old English D Tiger logo, with the outline switched to orange because that's what I think this set needs a little more of.

-One cap, navy with the orange Old English D.

-An orange outline has been added to the home logo, because as classic as the uniform is, it has been worn with an outline before. I feel like I'm less hesitant than most people are to adding at least a little bit more orange to the Tiger's identity.

Uniforms

Detroit Tigers Home.pngDetroit Tigers Away.png

-Fairly simple, not much to change with another classic uniform, but outlines have been added on the logo, name & numbers of the home. The orange-logo cap has been added to the home set as well. I think the added orange doesn't really take anything away from the set, if anything to me it increases the tiger presence in the branding.

-Away remains basically the same, besides the stripes being added to the socks, "tiger stripes" if you will.

-I considered adding an alternate, but eventually decided not to. If you think I should, let me know.

-I also considered adding the tiger head patch to both uniforms, but I get the sense most people don't like that logo, so I refrained. Let me know if you think I should add it in.

That's it for now, comments on this, the Rockies, and really anything else are appreciated!

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Tigers look great. The only suggestion I have is to remove the white trim on the road (script and back numbers). I've always found that it unnecessarily complicates an otherwise simple, clean look.

An alternate is your call. The Tigers are essentially the Yankees of the AL Central, uniform-wise. Did you have something specific in mind?

46 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

The Tigers look great. The only suggestion I have is to remove the white trim on the road (script and back numbers). I've always found that it unnecessarily complicates an otherwise simple, clean look.

An alternate is your call. The Tigers are essentially the Yankees of the AL Central, uniform-wise. Did you have something specific in mind?

I knew going in that a lot of people don't like the white outline, but I do, although I can't explain why. Plus, removing it would make it almost too similar to the next team up for me to post...

As for the alternate, I would've wanted it to be navy, incorporate some orange, and be for both home and away. Those were the only real certainties, everything else is pretty open.

Does anyone else agree/disagree about the white outline, or having an alternate?

1 hour ago, MJD7 said:

I knew going in that a lot of people don't like the white outline, but I do, although I can't explain why. Plus, removing it would make it almost too similar to the next team up for me to post...

As for the alternate, I would've wanted it to be navy, incorporate some orange, and be for both home and away. Those were the only real certainties, everything else is pretty open.

Does anyone else agree/disagree about the white outline, or having an alternate?

That white outline HAS GOT to go. Sorry, Houston...but the Tigers got a bigger problem. I think if there were only one thing you could do to improve Detroit's set, it would be that. Also, I think the sleeve patch idea would look good on these.

Bring on the alternates! This could be fun.

4 hours ago, Paul Lucas said:

That white outline HAS GOT to go. Sorry, Houston...but the Tigers got a bigger problem. I think if there were only one thing you could do to improve Detroit's set, it would be that. Also, I think the sleeve patch idea would look good on these.

Bring on the alternates! This could be fun.

19 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

I'd like to see your alternate idea just for the heck of it. 

Alright, well here is a road without a white outline and a possible first alternate:

Detroit Tigers Away Proposal.pngDetroit Tigers Alternate.png

Thanks, bud! It looks really good! I think I'd like it a little better with the 'D and tiger' logo or a new team logo patch, though.

Also, I'd like to see the original away stirrups on the home uni. I think it'd round the added orange à la 1952 Detroit Tigers. 

6 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

The Tigers look wonderful. I can't decide whether I'd prefer an orange alt with navy logo/trim or visa versa, but these are all great. 

I think if he goes with an orange alt, he should have it says 'Tigers' on it to keep it from being too bright and out there...not to mention, actually representing their team nickname.

19 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

The Tigers look wonderful. I can't decide whether I'd prefer an orange alt with navy logo/trim or visa versa, but these are all great. 

13 minutes ago, Paul Lucas said:

Thanks, bud. I think they'd be better without it...unless it's the 'D' with the tiger in it or a new team logo patch. 

Also, I'd like to see the original away stirrups on the home uni. I think it'd round the added orange à la 1952 Detroit Tigers. 

10 minutes ago, Paul Lucas said:

I think if he goes with an orange alt, he should have it says 'Tigers' on it to keep it from being too bright and out there...not to mention, actually representing their team nickname.

I don't think it looks too bad, just maybe a bit much for the Tigers:

Detroit Tigers Alternate 2 Proposal 2.png

Yep, that orange alt is the one jersey that absolutely needs the white trim so the script and numbers can pop.

By the way, I'm loving the presentation for these concepts, especially the Old English font for Detroit.

Excited to see what you have planned for Houston!

13 hours ago, Paul Lucas said:

Great set!!! Final vote: Latest home and 2nd orange BOTH with the white-outlined stirrups. And the latest road without outlines plus the blue alt for home/road.

2 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Yep, that orange alt is the one jersey that absolutely needs the white trim so the script and numbers can pop.

By the way, I'm loving the presentation for these concepts, especially the Old English font for Detroit.

Excited to see what you have planned for Houston!

Thank you. Here is most likely the final update for the Tigers, before Houston is posted later today:

Detroit Tigers Logos.pngDetroit Tigers Home.pngDetroit Tigers Away.pngDetroit Tigers Alternate.png

-I decided to add the away socks to the homes set, but didn't want to add white stripes because I took the white off of the away.

-I was surprised at how much I liked the tiger patch on the sleeve, so I decided to keep it.

-I kept the navy, but couldn't go through with an orange alternate for the Tigers just because it felt like too much of a deviation for me. At least you all got to see what it would look like.

That's about all I've got, Houston is ready whenever you all are!

Archived