I saw the Bobcats' unis yesterday.

Rolie Polie Olie

Do we know when the Cats are releasing their unis?

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok.

Sounds like bullshint, but ill give him the benefit of the doubt. Its possible, and the "color without color" thing is something a pr firm would come up with as an explantion.

Sounds strange.

Im watching Rollie Pollie.

But if your right, come back and demand apologies from these people.

however likely it is that this is not true...It would definatly be posible to have transparent fabric. Very easy I'm sure. Look at some soccer jerseys now. That on the bottoms of the backs is a very fine mesh. With the right color it'd for sure look transparent. Or using a fishing wire like for the fibers? I'm sure its possible to do. Just not probable to use...

Even if its not true, it'd still be very interesting to see. And if you did make it up, I think you could contribute to this board in a major way being that creative!

peace,

pc

I personally spoke (via telephone) to the designer of the new Bobcats' unis and logo, and not only did he hint to me that they were Orange, but that they were fairly traditional - no trendy crap. At the time I spoke to him, they were completed, and they were doing focus group testing.

however likely it is that this is not true...It would definatly be posible to have transparent fabric. Very easy I'm sure. Look at some soccer jerseys now. That on the bottoms of the backs is a very fine mesh. With the right color it'd for sure look transparent. Or using a fishing wire like for the fibers? I'm sure its possible to do. Just not probable to use...

Even if its not true, it'd still be very interesting to see. And if you did make it up, I think you could contribute to this board in a major way being that creative!

peace,

pc

The prblem is that virtually any fabric, by the time you give it enough density to be worthwhile, would become translucent, as for instance skin does. The mesh that is used on soccer shirts sometimes is more like netting than a fabric- or like nylon tites.

I'm not a scioentist so if somebody came up with any evidence to the contrary I would have to go with it, but I am bretty sure if it were possible it would have been done at some point!!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Here's an interesting article...

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/liv.../8947771.htm?1c

When will the Bobcats' uniform be unveiled? Any hints about what'll it look like?

"The official date is Aug. 11. It will be an absolute hit with young consumers because of the colors. It's orange for the road and white at home, and everybody from the Bobcats office up to the NBA office is very impressed. It's not radically different from typical NBA uniforms, but there's a few different features that the NBA approved. I can't say what they are, but it will be a surprise.

"It's a different color and era from the Alexander Julian/Hornets stuff, but I think it'll be equally surprising. But I can't tell you any more. I want it to be a surprise."

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

"It's not radically different from typical NBA uniforms, but there's a few different features that the NBA approved. I can't say what they are, but it will be a surprise."

I suppose transparant features ARE possible based on this comment... but it could mean anything.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

There are many "transparent" fabrics out there, many used for theatrical purposes. I just can't imagine it being used on an athletic uniform or being feasible to reproduce for replica jerseys for sale.

There are many "transparent" fabrics out there, many used for theatrical purposes. I just can't imagine it being used on an athletic uniform or being feasible to reproduce for replica jerseys for sale.

klike what, when?? Not that I am saying you are wrong I am just not familiar with them!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I'm been involved with competitive marching bands and drum corps for several years, mainly working with drumlines. I have noticed some of my groups' colorguards (which use custom flags designed to reflect the emotion of the music) on occasion use a fabric that has a little sheen, but is all and all transparent. I'm not sure what it is called, but it's a synthetic that sorta feels like silk. From the stands in a football stadium, it'pretty difficult to see the fabric, so it allows opaque designs the illusion of floating off of the flag pole when the performers spin and toss them. I've also seen it used in their costumes to acheive the same effect. One of the groups that I teach competed against a band from California whose colorguard wore costumes made almost entirely of it, but had a shiny red material strategically wrap around it. If I can find some photos, I'll post them.

But the unique "color" that they have incorporated into their uni is clear.  And by clear, I mean transparent.  And they're actually going to consider it a team color in their literature.

:notworthy:

These jerseys have the potential to be amazing. August 11 can't come fast enough.

:rolleyes:

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Sorry I couldn't stay in the convo earlier but work called. I have to admit I'm looking forward to the unveiling too. I had a thought... if one side of the neck is clear (like it was in the drawing) then from a distance it's going to look like these guys are wearing one-strap dresses. Yikes. :wacko:

I'm not much of an artist, but tonight I'm going to ask my bro in law if he still has the sheet.

BTW, Pantone... (and I'm sure you get this a lot of this kind of thing because you're the Pantone dude) I think we ran into each other at a show in Chicago about 5-6 years ago! I don't want you to think I'm a weirdo or something so I'll just ask you one thing... do you remember Danny B. from Boston (that's me)... tall brown haired guy?

uh oh...this isnt sounding too good. it'll either be awesome or absolutely stupid. I dont know about this "transparent material"...we'll see. But wait, why does it have to be transparent to see skin color? dont you see enough of the player's skin after his limbs come out of the unis of the armholes and legholes and neck holes? haha this is weird. damn man august 11th...another 2 weeks.

BTW, Pantone... (and I'm sure you get this a lot of this kind of thing because you're the Pantone dude) I think we ran into each other at a show in Chicago about 5-6 years ago! I don't want you to think I'm a weirdo or something so I'll just ask you one thing... do you remember Danny B. from Boston (that's me)... tall brown haired guy?

Hmmm...you've probably got the wrong guy...the only "shows" I go to are Hyperion Corp. User Conferences (financial consolidation software)...

...I'm just a VB programmer/jazz musician who thinks colors are purty...

Hmmm...you've probably got the wrong guy...the only "shows" I go to are Hyperion Corp. User Conferences (financial consolidation software)...

...I'm just a VB programmer/jazz musician who thinks colors are purty...

That's cool, but I'm thankful I have a gift for sales because I never had a knack for technology. I got one of those but it kept cutting out on me and I didn't know what do do with it, but for a while it was cool to insult all the hillbilly truckers then change channels and listen to them talk about me, LOL.

Anyway, about that dude... there's a guy in Texas who has hundreds and hundreds of jerseys and they're in a big two-tiered closet sorted by color, so it looks like a rainbow. He was showing everyone pics of his closet... I thought maybe he was the Pantone guy, but I guess he's just the too much money guy! Come to think of it he probably uses this board or one like it.

Anyway, about that dude... there's a guy in Texas who has hundreds and hundreds of jerseys and they're in a big two-tiered closet sorted by color, so it looks like a rainbow. He was showing everyone pics of his closet... I thought maybe he was the Pantone guy, but I guess he's just the too much money guy! Come to think of it he probably uses this board or one like it.

Yeah...definitely NOT me...

Most people would be surprised - I don't own a single authentic piece of sports merchandise...never wear ballcaps of any kind...don't even wear sports merchandise of any kind very much at all!

...well, I WAS sportin' a Nuggets t-shirt earlier today...

"It's not radically different from typical NBA uniforms, but there's a few different features that the NBA approved. I can't say what they are, but it will be a surprise."

I don't like where they are going with this. This is a bad downward spiral. Tradition people.

Archived