I saw the Bobcats' unis yesterday.

Rolie Polie Olie

I'm not able to share the evidence yet because I don't have it in my hands anymore you goof.

My bro in law is a member of the production team of one of the networks and that's how he heard about the Bobcats' unis. It became known to them through the NBA that there is a problem with the new material already. (From what I read it seemed more like plastic, but maybe it's a fabric, I don't know.) They found out somehow that although it's truly transparent it's also more reflective than normal jersey material... also that on film, when the light hits it a certain way, it looks pink! I guess you can compare it to glass which is also clear but when you look at it from an angle with a light behind you, you see all kinds of crazy reflections.

It's threatening to screw up some things, not just tv broadcasts. He also heard that the NBA's uniform licensee isn't sure they will have jerseys in stores before NOVEMBER. Sheesh.

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

sorry have to stop myself from laughing!!

Apparently your 'brother in law' has seen a booklet explaining the story behind the uniforms but learnt about these through the NBA, as if he hasn't actually seen them, just heard about them! Boy I could spend like an hour on the inconsistencies in your stories!

Okafor has had a photo shoot in the new uniforms, and yet ther is so much uncertainty and confusion, and uncertainty!

And you don't think Reebok would test a new fabric extensively before using it??

I love the way your story gets more elaborate with each new post!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not able to share the evidence yet because I don't have it in my hands anymore you goof.

My bro in law is a member of the production team of one of the networks and that's how he heard about the Bobcats' unis.  It became known to them through the NBA that there is a problem with the new material already.  (From what I read it seemed more like plastic, but maybe it's a fabric, I don't know.)  They found out somehow that although it's truly transparent it's also more reflective than normal jersey material... also that on film, when the light hits it a certain way, it looks pink!  I guess you can compare it to glass which is also clear but when you look at it from an angle with a light behind you, you see all kinds of crazy reflections.

It's threatening to screw up some things, not just tv broadcasts.  He also heard that the NBA's uniform licensee isn't sure they will have jerseys in stores before NOVEMBER.  Sheesh.

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

sorry have to stop myself from laughing!!

Apparently your 'brother in law' has seen a booklet explaining the story behind the uniforms but learnt about these through the NBA, as if he hasn't actually seen them, just heard about them! Boy I could spend like an hour on the inconsistencies in your stories!

Okafor has had a photo shoot in the new uniforms, and yet ther is so much uncertainty and confusion, and uncertainty!

And you don't think Reebok would test a new fabric extensively before using it??

I love the way your story gets more elaborate with each new post!

Uh, since you're English I guess I can't accuse you of not having English as your first language. ^_^ That's too bad because that would have been your best excuse!

Everything he heard was from his coworkers and everything he and I read was in this little brochure, not even a booklet, just one sheet printed on both sides. So it's not like we saw the stinkin' ugly jersey in person. My bro's responsibility is tv and he could care less if the NBA sells these monstrosities or not.

But hey chief, nice shootin' the bull with ya but I have to get back to work, I can't just sit around and make up conspiracy theories about everyone's career like some people.

Instead of accusing RolliePollie of making up stories why not thank him for sharing the info (s/he certainely didn't have to).

I don't see why anyone would waste theirs and our time making up a story on a message board, when one could have much more fun doing that to a news outlet.

Any chance you could make a photoshop re-creation of the uniforms for us?

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

Instead of accusing RolliePollie of making up stories why not thank him for sharing the info (s/he certainely didn't have to).

I don't see why anyone would waste theirs and our time making up a story on a message board, when one could have much more fun doing that to a news outlet.

Any chance you could make a photoshop re-creation of the uniforms for us?

Well if its legit, genuine information, then great fantatsic etc etc, really genuinely grateful.

But I am British and hence naturally cynical and this raises up my cynicism radar. Big time.

And thats exactly why it feels like MoJoTo under another guise- why else would someone make this up except to take the p*ss out of the board, which lets face it MJT has form in. And thats why it annoys me, because loads of us come here for genuine news and info and whatever, and to have a good time, so when it seems like someone is taking the p*ss it is taking the p*ss out of sdomething I enjoy!

I am more than prepared to apologise as and when i see evidence till then those cynicism radar beams are burning bright!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Chill guys... It's just some indider info. If it's true, Rollie, I thank you for your generous input. It would be nice to see a general rendition like Chris said and see how this material is incorporated into the uni.

If it turns out not to be true, so what? I don't know about you, but this transparent/translucent material idea has the potential to make some really creative concepts anyway.

Look, saintsfan, who really cares if this turns out to be false? Like come on... Much kudos to payno for ignoring Mojo Jojo's pathetic attack.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

Chill guys... It's just some indider info. If it's true, Rollie, I thank you for your generous input. It would be nice to see a general rendition like Chris said and see how this material is incorporated into the uni.

If it turns out not to be true, so what? I don't know about you, but this transparent/translucent material idea has the potential to make some really creative concepts anyway.

Look, saintsfan, who really cares if this turns out to be false? Like come on... Much kudos to payno for ignoring Mojo Jojo's pathetic attack.

Maybe I shouldn't rise to the bait, but this could be an attack on what the boards stand for. Its unfair on everyone connected with the board if our integrity is brought into question like this! Lots of genuine people come on here to share info and Olie maybe one of those, but if it is someone being an idiot then he should be challenged IMO.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Maybe I shouldn't rise to the bait, but this could be an attack on what the boards stand for. Its unfair on everyone connected with the board if our integrity is brought into question like this! Lots of genuine people come on here to share info and Olie maybe one of those, but if it is someone being an idiot then he should be challenged IMO.

Classic McCarthyism.

You've done more to bring down the meaning of this forum than any fake poster could ever do.

BOO! Look, over there! It's the boogie man!

(idiot)

Classic McCarthyism.

You've done more to bring down the meaning of this forum than any fake poster could ever do.

BOO! Look, over there! It's the boogie man!

(idiot)

Didn't accuse anyone of anything in that post! Merely pointing out why I have been so virilent in my stance on this. Someone comes on the board posting fake information, it makes it harder to syphon out the rubbish from the truth.

And how is it classic McCarthyism at all anyway? And why do you care so much?? If you aren't RPO then what have you been accused of? nothing.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I don't know if its true or not. I'm kinda hoping it is. It'd be cool to see a new inovation like this. I mean, if its fairly traditional...wouldn't you want to get it out as soon as possible? Why all the secrets? I've got to think something is up personally. They are about to turn something out that is different...maybe transparent, maybe not. But I think we do have somehting to look forward to.

peace,

pc

Saintsfan, you share the clown with me, but im going to have to side against you.

I know i like the little guy and all, but your verbage is a bit over-dramatic for a sports-logo board.

Let people decifer their own information, and worry more about scouraging possible industry-insiders rather than protecting fellow members from misinformation they can rightfully disseminate themselves.

I think you need to take this information, believe it, or dont. If it were MOJO,which i dont think it is, ( if u remember, i was one of the few who initially called bs. right away on nitros april 1st gag, so im not a guppy.)

what would causing a big stink do besides make the specticle he would probably be looking for.

Ive talked to mojo online, hes not a bad guy, i think basically he feels people take this stuff too seriously, and he tries, sometimes disrespectfully in my opinion, to take people down a peg. WHich is kinda annoying. But he thinks most of you understand it in a sarcastic tone. (im paraphrasing my opinion, not stating fact.)

But why does he always keep coming up. All of you who dont like him, ignore him, act as if he doesnt post. You can actually turn off certain members posts, so you wont even know they are there. I suggest you do that.

Rollie i apologize if you are what you say you are, the story is elaboate enough to believe for my logic, plus i love an inside scoop, so i choose to bite. People here are very serious about this, and dont want to be made fools of, which is why people are skeptical. Not to mention we've heard plenty of Red Herrings in the past to make us cautious.

Thanks for the info

Look, take it as you may. I just think that I think there's a bit too much paranoia around here since the Logolympiad incident., and I think we all need to chill.

If that is an "attack on what the board stand for" then... I think this board has a biiiig problem...

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

actually, i thank rolie polie olie for posting this if it is true. if not you get a <_<. and its nothin against rolie polie olie himself, just the fact that we never know for sure if he's for real or not, just bein careful. but whatever its cool thanks for the info anyway, sure got my mind goin with this transparent material stuff.

My last and final word on the matter- (promuise!)

If this is genuine information then as I said earlier, thank you olie.

And yes transparent bits in the uniform would be interesting to see.

But if this is a bum steer, if it is, then its the board that has been taken for a ride, by whoever has done it.

I have nothing against Mojo, I have nothing personally against anyone on the board, but I do believe ion stanfding up for right, and yes this is a very small right, but its central to what the board stands for!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Archived