NBA Allstar Uniform Concepts - (Denver, Charlotte, and San Antonio added)

sawakita33

Inspired by Gswansea and Uglybus' concept NBA All-Stars Project, I will be posting NBA all star game uniforms for several teams (I was supposed to do all but I got tired in the middle).

While Gswansea and Uglybus do the logos, court and a preview of the unis, I'll be sticking mostly on detailed concept of uniforms.

Some rules I tried to apply:

1. Uniforms should be inspired by the host team's classic/popular jerseys.

2. Uniforms should be dominantly red for west and blue for east. The home team can be white and the away team black.

3. Colors of the host team should be present on the uniforms.

3. There should be a city logo (not to be mistaken for a team logo - should be a logo of say "atlanta" and not the "hawks"). 

4. Uniforms should be "modern". By that I mean fades, non existing collar or sleeve designs, patterns, etc.

5. The Allstar participant team logo is placed at the back under the collar.

6. No advertisements and sleeves.

First up - ATLANTA:

1. The uniform template is that of the Dominique Wilkins era.

2. The fade is taken from the Dikembe Mutombo era.

3. Wordmark font and numbers are that of the current jerseys. 

4. City logo is a recoloring of the 2002/03 Atlanta All-Star secondary logo.

5. East uniform colors are inspired by the Pete Maravich era colors. 

atlanta_west.jpg

atlanta_east.jpg

Hey! Thank you for taking interest in my thread! I will mention that this isn't something that I've done alone. The one doing the logos and uniforms is Gswansea. I only do the courts. 

For the Atlanta uniforms, I'm not a fan of the gradients. I'd also make the blue the same color as the blue uniforms the Hawks wore in the 70s. Other than that, you're pretty much golden. 

image.png 

"Okay, Mr. OKC, you obviously have never been to Louisville."

While I like the concepts, I'd argue that the red '86 unis are the best uniform in Hawks history, and probably the uniform they're most known for. I'd expect that version would be best served for the Eastern team. I certainly wouldn't want to surrender that look to the West. 

3 hours ago, ATLJA316 said:

While I like the concepts, I'd argue that the red '86 unis are the best uniform in Hawks history, and probably the uniform they're most known for. I'd expect that version would be best served for the Eastern team. I certainly wouldn't want to surrender that look to the West. 

east always wears blue, west is always red

On 8/3/2016 at 8:52 AM, edjb93 said:

Man, I love that design. Just a few questions, though:

1. What would be the appearance of the NOBs?
  2. Is the Hawks' logo on the back of the jerseys a placeholder for the players' respective teams?

1. I updated my first post to add the NOBs.

2. Yes it is.

On 8/3/2016 at 9:34 PM, Uglybus said:

Hey! Thank you for taking interest in my thread! I will mention that this isn't something that I've done alone. The one doing the logos and uniforms is Gswansea. I only do the courts. 

I also updated the description. 

Thanks for the comments guys :)

Next up - DENVER:

1. The template is the skyline uniform.

2. East uniform colors are from the Carmelo Anthony dark alternates.

3. West uniform colors are from the Dikembe Mutombo era with red as the primary.

4. City logo is the Denver Nuggets Colorado Rockies logo.

denver_east.jpg

denver_west.jpg

CHARLOTTE:

1. The uniform template is a modernization of the striped Charlotte Hornets uniforms with a fading honeycomb pattern.

2. East uniform is blue with secondary colors from the Hornets.

3. West uniform is red with secondary colors from the Bobcats.

4. City logo is the crown logo taken from here - https://bringbackthebuzz.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/charlotte-hornets-2013-style-guide-logos-1.png

5. Wordmark font and numbers are that of the current jerseys.  

charlotte_east.jpg

charlotte_west.jpg

These would've been great uniforms for the 2017 Charlotte All-star Game </3

and SAN ANTONIO:

1. The uniform template is from the Tim Duncan era. The alamo silhouette is placed at the back. Camouflage pattern is overlayed on the sides. 

2. East uniform is black with "blue fiesta" secondary.

3. West uniform is white with "red fiesta" secondary.

4. City logo is the SA logo from the Spurs gray alternate.

5. Wordmark is inspired by the Spurs fiesta logo from 1989 - 2002.

sanantonio_east2.jpg

sanantonio_west2.jpg

Truly remarkable that you haven't been hired by the NBA (this is code for AWESOME JOB). Couple of things. Charlotte in my opinion (similar to Indy if it's what you are going for) should have a subliminal silhouette of the NASCAR hall of fame. That is just me but take it as you will. In the meantime looking forward to Sacramento, Golden State and Orlando (as well as all the others)

9 minutes ago, Silence of the Rams said:

Truly remarkable that you haven't been hired by the NBA (this is code for AWESOME JOB). Couple of things. Charlotte in my opinion (similar to Indy if it's what you are going for) should have a subliminal silhouette of the NASCAR hall of fame. That is just me but take it as you will. In the meantime looking forward to Sacramento, Golden State and Orlando (as well as all the others)

I don't think it should. It's not very recognizable, and the uniforms already have a checkered flag motif going on, and that's enough. 

image.png 

"Okay, Mr. OKC, you obviously have never been to Louisville."

Archived