(NFL + NHL) = NBA? [Carolina Hurricanes Posted (4/18)]

SmackNCheese

So i recently made a new basketball uniform template and wanted to try it out, so i decided to make a new concept: Combine the brand identities of NFL and NHL teams located in or reasonably near the same city, and combine those brands into a new NBA team, complete with uniforms (home and away).

The limitations are this: I cannot completely redesign a logo, i can only take the current ones and re-color/ make slight adjustments (add shading, combine parts or two different logos). A team can have no more than four colors on its palette, with all of the colors coming from the two logos used. The uniforms must feature a front and a back number, as well as the primary logo, and can only use number fonts, wordmarks, etc featured in either team's branding  or on their respective uniforms.

In many cases, the team will take the same name as the  logo used provides, the reason being it's hard to get consistency between the logos, wordmarks, and numbers. C&C is appreciated.

ARIZONA CARDINALS:

arizona logo.png

I used the Cardinals logo, wordmark with the Phoenix Coyotes brick red as the primary and their sand as the secondary. The Cardinals' red is the tertiary.

arizona uniforms.png

The home sets are sand-colored, and feature the "CARDS" wordmark with a dual-red stripe down the side.The number font is taken from the Phoenix Coyotes jerseys.

arizona uniforms away.png

The away uniforms are dual-red, featuring the same striping pattern. The "Arizona" wordmark is featured on the chest. The number font remains the same.

Up next: Boston Bruins

Interesting works, I wondered if that uniform template is somehow available to use? I like how it is simple and looked bold. Anyway for this series, I can't wait for more of the other uniforms and how you make them should be interesting. Can't wait to see Dallas Cowboys with Dallas Stars, 

Alamo%2BBowl_sig.png

Liberty Bowl_sig.png

FEAR THE FROG! LET'S GO TCU!!

1 hour ago, JMtexan09 said:

Interesting works, I wondered if that uniform template is somehow available to use? I like how it is simple and looked bold. Anyway for this series, I can't wait for more of the other uniforms and how you make them should be interesting. Can't wait to see Dallas Cowboys with Dallas Stars, 

The template will probably be available to use in a few weeks. I'm still tweaking it. It feels like it's missing something. The Stars/Cowboys combo is still a little bit down the road, but  we'll get there!

A couple of things:

Coyotes are "Brick Red", not maroon. Maroon is much darker, like ASU, Virginia Tech, or University of Minnesota. This brick red is almost the same color as cardinal. And having a team called the Cardinals not have the color cardinal as their primary color just seems wrong. Interesting that the Diamondbacks "Sedona Red" is practically the same as brick red and cardinal red. Lastly I really like the sand colored uniforms. I was sorry to see the Diamondbacks abandon this. 

Thanks for the feedback so far. Please keep it coming.While I probably won't be able to do much about the completed ones change-wise (i convert them into .jpg before posting, delete the doc file), it definitely helps with upcoming designs i haven't finished yet.

Anyways, here's Boston.

BOSTON BRUINS:

boston logo.png

This uses the Boston Bruins logo/wordmark set, recolored using a palette featuring the Patriots' Nautical Blue as the primary, the Bruins' Gold as the secondary, Patriots' White and Red as the tertiary and quaternary, respectively.

boston uniforms.png

The jerseys in this set, much like the team's identity, are simple and clean. The home jerseys are white with a Blue, Gold, and Red tri-stripe around the collar and arm holes. The waist features a mirrored version of such stripe. No N.O.B for either jersey, instead, the Bruins primary logo.

boston uniforms away.png

The extra outline on the numbers, team name, stripes are eliminated on the road set in order to convey a simpler look. Dual-stripe of Red and Gold on the collar and arm holes, waist.

C&C Appreciated. Up next, Buffalo

I appreciate all the feedback thus far. Thanks for all the interest! Here are the Buffalo Sabres!

BUFFALO SABRES:

buffalo logo.png

The logo is the Buffalo Sabres primary minus the stupid gray outlines and with the Bills' buffalo replacing the classic charging buffalo. The Bills' Royal Blue serves as the primary color, with the Sabres' Gold, White, and darker Blue serving as the secondary, tertiary, and quaternary, respectively. The Sabres' wordmark is recolored and used as the primary wordmark.

buffalo uniforms.png

The home uniform is a white base with a broad royal blue /thin gold stripe around the waist and arms, along with a similar "sabre" inspired vertical stripe along either side. The player's front number replaces the charging buffalo in the primary logo on the jersey.

buffalo uniforms away.png

The away jersey is a royal blue base with blue/yellow sriping in the same pattern as the home set. The back number is white with a gold outline for visibility and the front number is in the same format as on the home jersey.

C&C appreciated! Up next, Carolina.

30 minutes ago, MontyK17 said:

I think the Buffalo in the logo needs to be bigger but the jersey's are awesome!

How about this?

buffalo logo (1).png

The buffao is an odd shape so the legs kinda stick out, but i think it looks alright. Or am i wrong and it looks like the Buffalo is getting his legs mutilated? What do you guys think?

'Lina's done! This is probably one of my more out-there concepts, but i tried to keep some areas conservative.

CAROLINA HURRICANES:

carolina logo.png

The logo/wordmark are taken from the NHL Hurricanes branding. The Hurricanes' Red remains the primary, and the Panthers' Blue is the secondary. Silver is dumped in favor of white, and black is the last color.

carolina uniforms.png

The white home uniforms feature "hurricane" striping around the arms and waist. The number font is taken from the hurricanes jerseys and features a similar design to the "canes" wordmark on the chest.

carolina uniforms away.png

The striping remains consistent, but it gains  a white outline on the road black set. Te chest wordmark reamains the same because the "Carolina" wordmark doesn't space well w/ the rest of the jersey. The numbers/ player names are the same colors as the home set as well.

C&C Appreciated! Chicago up next!

Archived