2016 Olympics

AnPheitseog

Didn't see it, so here we go.

Women's soccer started yesterday with Canada making record for the fastest goal at :21.

Missed the US New Zealand game, with US winning only 2-0. 

France looked terribly flat, even with winning 4-0 with three in the first, including an own goal. 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two days prior to the Opening Ceremonies, officials misplaced what's apparently the only set of keys to the Olympic Stadium.  So, they had to track down a guy with a bolt-cutter in order to get inside the building because they couldn't find a locksmith.

Story

Things can only get better from here, right?

The Summer Olympics are fine and fun and everything, but I always enjoy the Winter games more and it's not just because the Winter games have hockey in them, though obviously that helps. Bobsled, luge, curling(!!!), cross-country, and the speed skating events are simply more up my alley.

Will help fill in a whole bunch of empty TV hours, though, so I'm sure I'll watch some of this. Go US and Hungary competitors (Hungary is good at water polo, right?).

spacer.png

10 minutes ago, BlackBolt3 said:

Can't wait until 2024 so we can see the Bloods and Crips battle it out on the LA Coliseum floor in the Opening Ceremony.

...or in the next couple weeks, whenever the Rams host their first preseason game.

49 minutes ago, Kramerica Industries said:

The Summer Olympics are fine and fun and everything, but I always enjoy the Winter games more and it's not just because the Winter games have hockey in them, though obviously that helps. Bobsled, luge, curling(!!!), cross-country, and the speed skating events are simply more up my alley.

Will help fill in a whole bunch of empty TV hours, though, so I'm sure I'll watch some of this. Go US and Hungary competitors (Hungary is good at water polo, right?).

I enjoy the Winter Games more too, mainly because it's a lot of events I either can't do or can't do well.  Aside from figure skating and the Winter X Games events, I'll watch just about anything.

The Summer Games are alright.  I'll watch the cycling, handball, and a few other events that don't come to mind right away.  Not much of the summer events are "must watch" the way curling or short-track speedskating or other winter events are.

26 minutes ago, BlackBolt3 said:

Can't wait until 2024 so we can see the Bloods and Crips battle it out on the LA Coliseum floor in the Opening Ceremony.

Had Chicago won the 2016 games bid, it would've been:

Gangster Disciples vs. Vice Lords

Mrs. O'Leary's cow

and likely what's left of The Blues Brothers.

Archived