New Orleans Saints Alpha

I<evin

If the NFL Shop was going to make me over pay for jerseys, the least they could was get it right (right, Nike?),

Here would be my proposal for the uniforms for my beloved Saints.

Road:

Retro flair and all-white. Replace the Fleur-de-lis sleeve logo with timeless 70's striping (as much as the current short sleeves permit with tactful flair). White pants with a classic striping down the side. Instead of the aforementioned Fleur-de-lis at the hips, replace with stylized shield. the numbers have a slight '3d' block design. And a tasteful collar replaces Nike's annoying 'spike collar' or 'toilet seat' collar.

Home:

Sleek black jerseys with TV numbers on the side , replacing the Fleur-de-lis. A thin grey piping accents the shoulders from both sides and run down the side gusset running parallel to a middle gold stripe down the gusset. The theme of the subtly added grey stripe continues as it centers the black stripe down the sides on the gold pants. And a gold trim accents the collar which replaces Nike's collar (see above).

Alternative:

No blank black leotards on my watch. Hijack the striping from the white pants and slap 'em on. Winner, winner, chicken dinner.

Helmet:

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Always a classy look no matter how many toy with their versions. My only thang is that the Fleur-de-lis needs to be bigger than it is now. I've stretched it here from earhole to almost the middle stripe.

Word Mark:

Slightly different font from the classic Solemnis and I chopped here and whittled there and voila.

Tom Benson and Nike......make it happen!!!!

Saints2017.jpg

Archived