Good uses for fake jerseys?

BeerGuyJordan

I've never deliberately/knowingly bought a fake jersey, but because I try to get good deals through Ebay, I've come across a few (one guy didn't even know he was selling a fake). Fortunately, I've been able to get refunds on all but 2.

I imagine I'm not the only person this has happened to. So what are some creative things you've done with fakes? 

Stuff I, or friends, have done:

Made a pillow

Use in pick-up games

Used for a zombie costume

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

This is a little Pintresty for CCSLC, but I use old shirts as work shirts when doing yard work, etc.  I guess you could mow the lawn in one.  Or wear it while you're changing oil or staining wood or something messy.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

22 hours ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

I've never deliberately/knowingly bought a fake jersey, but because I try to get good deals through Ebay, I've come across a few (one guy didn't even know he was selling a fake). Fortunately, I've been able to get refunds on all but 2.

I imagine I'm not the only person this has happened to. So what are some creative things you've done with fakes? 

Stuff I, or friends, have done:

Made a pillow

Use in pick-up games

Used for a zombie costume

I've never knowingly bought a fake, but what I do when I end up with what I suspect is a fake depends on the price I paid and how positive I am that it's a fake. If the price was $75 or more or the jersey is a blatant knock-off, I'll return it. If the price was less than $75 and the jersey appears to be reasonably authentic, I'll probably keep it and use it as a pick-up game jersey.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

I actually dealt black jack at a small bar that required its employees to wear jerseys as employee uniforms during football season on game days.  Well leaning against those tables can get a jersey worn and dirty over time.  In my younger years I had purchased what I thought was an awesome deal on a jersey and it was later explained to me what I had actually purchased :blush:.  So for this job I did dust off that poorly stitched, inaccurate fabric and font Jared Allen jersey and just let it slowly get worn out.

Archived