Intramural Sports Team Logo

jshmiami96

Hey guys.

Need some feedback on this logo set I've thrown together for our intramural sports "franchise" (i.e. same group of guys who play a ton of the sports together). Our team name is the "106 Pharaohs" with 106 being the number of our townhouse and some friends' apartments on the team. I'm a relatively recent convert from Inkscape to Illustrator but I think I've ironed out most of the kinks.

This logo was arrived at after a long series of trial and error, with the guys on my team having a very specific idea in mind of what they wanted. It was clear they wanted a side-profile logo, and the nature of a pharaoh's headdress made that difficult. I will post also our logo evolution so you have a reference point. Thanks so much for your help!

Screenshot 2016-08-05 07.48.40.png

St. Joseph of Arimathea, Pray for Us

"Now when the centurion, and they that were with him, watching Jesus, saw the earthquake, and those things that were done, they feared greatly, saying, Truly this was the Son of God." Mt 27:54

I like the general direction of what you have here. I think the tie in using the pharaoh as the 0 is a nice touch. I think your biggest issue is the detail on the pharaoh. In particular, the eye area is a bit big. The headdress itself is a bit plain, take a look online and you'll see some cool designs, the most popular being King Tut's striped pattern. You can really experiment there. Maybe your townhouse has a distinctive feature that you can work into the pattern or the headdress. Just an idea.

Also, I'm not sure what your process is when you design a logo, but if you aren't already, I would highly recommend working with just one color first and then move from there. That might help you simplify things while also focusing on making the design more engaging. 

This is a solid start and I hope we get to see the final product on a t-shirt or whatever jersey type you guys might go with.

54 minutes ago, fkaKrock5cent said:

I like the general direction of what you have here. I think the tie in using the pharaoh as the 0 is a nice touch. I think your biggest issue is the detail on the pharaoh. In particular, the eye area is a bit big. The headdress itself is a bit plain, take a look online and you'll see some cool designs, the most popular being King Tut's striped pattern. You can really experiment there. Maybe your townhouse has a distinctive feature that you can work into the pattern or the headdress. Just an idea.

Also, I'm not sure what your process is when you design a logo, but if you aren't already, I would highly recommend working with just one color first and then move from there. That might help you simplify things while also focusing on making the design more engaging. 

This is a solid start and I hope we get to see the final product on a t-shirt or whatever jersey type you guys might go with.

I appreciate your feedback and yes, I will loop my progress through this feed. I would appreciate any other feedback.

"Now when the centurion, and they that were with him, watching Jesus, saw the earthquake, and those things that were done, they feared greatly, saying, Truly this was the Son of God." Mt 27:54

Boost.

Here's an update. Spent a ton of time on research and inspiration:

Screenshot 2016-08-06 20.17.28.png

Archived