Favre's HOF fame locker

oldschoolvikings

1 hour ago, BrandMooreArt said:

LOL, well i like it. this is actually my favorite part of the HoF. the presentations are all very nice. as someone who has no strong attachment to either of his 3 teams but is a big fan of the player, i think its well done. 

4 teams :-)  Hell, he threw his first TD pass as a Falcon - but it was a Washington TD.

It doesn't bother me, although I'd like it better if there were a home GB jersey in there.  Given that it's the away jersey, maybe it's from the "Irv game" in Oakland?

14 minutes ago, Cujo said:

The NFL isn't the WWE, where they attempt to script and re-write their own history.

54 minutes ago, phutmasterflex said:

LOL. Who would get butthurt over this? The HOF is a museum of football history. If you're not happy with history, deal with it. It happened. 

For the sake of playing devils advocate, there is no Chiefs jersey in the Joe Montana locker two spots over. My guy says this was Favres decision, though.

56 minutes ago, phutmasterflex said:

LOL. Who would get butthurt over this? The HOF is a museum of football history. If you're not happy with history, deal with it. It happened. 

You'd apparently be surprised at the number of Packer fans who ARE butthurt over this.

Again - I don't think it's a big deal.  I agree with your assessment of it.

2 hours ago, VikWings said:

He did arguably have his best statistical season with Vikings.

Eh - he won a Super Bowl after 96, and MVP after 95-97.  Those trump his best Viking Season, IMO.

19 minutes ago, C-Squared said:

For the sake of playing devils advocate, there is no Chiefs jersey in the Joe Montana locker two spots over. My guy says this was Favres decision, though.

Well there ya go. Even if they did put a Chiefs jersey in Montana's locker, me, as a 49ers fan, wouldn't make a big deal out of it. It's part of his career and legacy.

18 minutes ago, C-Squared said:

I heard Favre had no idea what went into his locker...

But I think that Packers fan should be less butthurt over this, because it was a pretty huge moment in his career signing with a rival team and THEN having an outstanding season with them. At the very least there should be something for the Vikings in his locker...

Archived