And people wonder why I heavily watermark images I post!

hettinger_rl

Someone selling "antique" iron on patches on ebay has stolen some of my work!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/South-Dakota-State-Jackrabbits-Vintage-Iron-On-Patch-Old-Stock-3-x-1-5-/401166023453

http://www.ebay.com/itm/South-Dakota-Coyotes-Vintage-Embroidered-Iron-On-Patch-Old-Stock-3-25-x-2-/401158396828

I contacted the seller and told them to cease using/selling these.

This is why I've been using heavier watermarks on recent concepts.

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

3 hours ago, hettinger_rl said:

They did end the ebay sales, but I'm sure I'll have to keep checking from now on.

With the notice-

This listing was ended by the seller because there was an error in the listing

Whatever that may actually mean.

A number of years ago, in addition I took part on a forum about Madden & customizing the PC versions & I saw a design on there that was designed by a member here (Phil--I don't think he's been around for a while)--and while the guy wasn't selling the logos, he was offering them for download.

And maybe that would be okay in some cases--especially if credit is given, but I sent Phil a PM to let him know.

He messaged the guy on the other forum to stop it & take his logos down or give him credit

The other guy removed Phil's logos, then sent me a nasty PM, and made a snide comment in a thread about how he had done nothing wrong.

Hopefully the exchange wasn't as bad in this case as it was in that.

It got nasty

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

On 8/7/2016 at 8:59 PM, Bruins said:

It's still crazy you should have to be on the lookout for that. How did you get them to stop?

I just told him that they are my images and he needed to stop selling them or legal measures would be taken. I added a link to my original post so he could connect the names.

On 8/8/2016 at 0:07 AM, Stampman said:

With the notice-

Whatever that may actually mean.

A number of years ago, in addition I took part on a forum about Madden & customizing the PC versions & I saw a design on there that was designed by a member here (Phil--I don't think he's been around for a while)--and while the guy wasn't selling the logos, he was offering them for download.

And maybe that would be okay in some cases--especially if credit is given, but I sent Phil a PM to let him know.

He messaged the guy on the other forum to stop it & take his logos down or give him credit

The other guy removed Phil's logos, then sent me a nasty PM, and made a snide comment in a thread about how he had done nothing wrong.

Hopefully the exchange wasn't as bad in this case as it was in that.

It got nasty

I never even heard back from him.

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived