MLS Redesign (10/26, SJ Quakes retros added)

kerlonmoura

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
On 3/3/2017 at 8:51 PM, ImmortalChef said:

I love the pattern for Seattle

Agreed with this! It's subtle and lovely. I have a personal bias against the black/lime look for Seattle away but I do really like how you designed the pattern there, as well.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Up next are the Vancouver Whitecaps:

Vancouver Whitecaps Home new copy.png

Vancouver Whitecaps Away copy.png

I did two different applications of the mountains in the logo, where I was inspired by the Umbro jerseys in the 90s, I hope you like them.

On 3/4/2017 at 9:54 AM, scottyeagle said:

That away jersey is amazing.  Great job.  I'm not sure you need Chief Seattle on the socks, however.  It would probably look cleaner without it. 

Thanks for the comment, I will do a version without Chief Seattle in the socks shortly.

Moving on to the expansion teams, up next is one most exciting teams in the MLS, Atlanta United:

58dca0cc9fc68_AtlantaUnitedHomecopy.thumb.png.6b1417cc983523f86408c83a44bfd667.png

58dca0d479d93_AtlantaUnitedAwaycopy.thumb.png.bbf56afa79368b624cba853f38fc527a.png

58dca19ef0f43_AtlantaUnitedThird.thumb.png.2b61e51b6b5792f9fa403a9c8b024473.png

On the home jersey, I was inspired by the city's motto, "Resurgens" opting for a phoenix pattern on the stripes. For the away jersey, I went with a classy look using gold; and I decided to make the third jersey peach colored, inspired by Georgia's nickname, "The Peach State".

Here are the jerseys for Minnesota United:

58e9eee83ce47_MinnesotaUnitedHomecopy.thumb.png.b1385dee7f433dc4fe6bee24feb1b492.png

58e9ef0ddd839_MinnesotaUnitedAwaycopy.thumb.png.3344589284e8841c12cb1b5a7e8507d7.png

58e9ef183c263_MinnesotaUnitedThirdcopy.thumb.png.7d60df8b67382b3be481330175636b45.png

The home kit uses the wings of the loon to create a chevron. The collar and the cuffs of the away kit mimics the stripes on a loon's neck, while the third kit draws inspiration from the state's nickname "The North Star State". The kit features the Northern Hemisphere sky with the North Star in light blue (similar application to Porto's away kit this year).

Something about the wing pattern on the gray doesn't work for me. It might be the blue drop shadow. What would it look like as just darker gray sublimated on the kit without blue?

Blue kit looks good, similar style to their old NASL secondaries.

Really like the creativity for the third, but maybe reduce the number of stars to a few constellations so it looks less crowded and the starfield idea comes across better.

Very well done overall on the Loons just a few minor tweaks for your consideration.

48 minutes ago, jujubeans said:

Something about the wing pattern on the gray doesn't work for me. It might be the blue drop shadow. What would it look like as just darker gray sublimated on the kit without blue?

Blue kit looks good, similar style to their old NASL secondaries.

Really like the creativity for the third, but maybe reduce the number of stars to a few constellations so it looks less crowded and the starfield idea comes across better.

Very well done overall on the Loons just a few minor tweaks for your consideration.

Thanks for the feedback, glad you've liked the jerseys. Here are the tweaks you've suggested, I have to say that the jerseys look way better now:

58eaa77005453_MinnesotaUnitedHomecopy.thumb.png.7ef5a9c714d1da30c0574b9d9eef73c7.png

58eaa62c696b6_MinnesotaUnitedThirdcopy.thumb.png.ed9d518f1a4deca7145e265c62f6c981.png

After a very long break, here are the jerseys for LAFC. For both jerseys, I have decided to use an Art Deco pattern inspired by the city's architecture (where the logo draws its inspiration and if you ask me which is what separates LAFC from LA Galaxy). For the home jersey, I based it off an Adidas template used in the 90s (also used in this year's MLS Homegrown Game) to evoke the idea of wings as a reference to both Los Angeles and the club's logo. The away jersey features a separate application of the same pattern.

pXjJOQC.png

xD2oIkv.png

I hope you like the jerseys; when I have free time, I am planning to work on Cincinnati and might work on the other expansion sides afterwards.

Archived