MLS Redesign (10/26, SJ Quakes retros added)

kerlonmoura

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, glad you guys are liking the jerseys; and yes, I have created this template myself from this image.

Here's our next team, FC Dallas:

FC Dallas Home copy.png

FC Dallas Away copy.png

While looking at the current looks of the MLS teams, I noticed a lack of halved jerseys in the MLS. I also thought that FC Dallas jerseys (apart from the current home jersey) doesn't really have an identity, and thought a halved jersey in Texas colors would do a good job representing the club.

On the away kit, I was inspired by the oil industry in Texas, choosing petroleum blue and black as the colors of the away kit. I also applied a fluid pattern to the shirt and the shorts to mimic the flow of petroleum.

I really like the both kits. Love the seismic waves on the sleeves, I think for the away you could do it so that the shorts fade from white to the light blue and then have the socks in the lighter blue, like the adidas third kits in the champions league last year 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/9/2016 at 1:43 AM, Silence of the Rams said:

Hmmm. Would it be possible to combine the home shirt with the away shorts. That may actually work

I don't think it will look good with a pattern on the sleeve and another on the shorts, but I can do the home jersey with blue shorts if you want :)

On 9/9/2016 at 1:43 AM, Aggie12 said:

I really like the both kits. Love the seismic waves on the sleeves, I think for the away you could do it so that the shorts fade from white to the light blue and then have the socks in the lighter blue, like the adidas third kits in the champions league last year 

Thanks, that's a good idea, I will tweak the away jersey later on :)

Now, on to Orlando City:

Orlando City Home1.png

Orlando City Away Tribute copy.png

Orlando City Citrus Third copy.png

The home jersey features the mane of the lion that's on the club's crest. The collar has also been altered to make it blend with the mane.

The away jersey pays homage to the victims of the Orlando nightclub shooting. The jersey features the Orlando United patch used this season, while the Adidas stripes on the side form the LGBT flag geometrically, similar to the heart on the patch. The purple at the bottom of the flag is continued on the shorts and the socks, along with being featured on the details of the jersey; as purple is the club's main color.

The third jersey is a reference to the Citrus Bowl, where the club played its first home MLS game. An orange peel pattern is incorporated on sleeves of the jersey. Purple socks have been used for contrast, but orange socks are also available.

Houston Dynamo:

Houston Dynamo Home copy.png

Houston Dynamo Away.png

The home jersey is relatively simple with a dynamic line pattern inspired by the logo of the team's NWSL affiliate, the Houston Dash.

The away jersey is inspired by the Space Shuttle. The shirt carries elements from the orbiter, while the shorts represent the external tank and the socks replicate the design of the solid rocket boosters.

I really had fun while designing the both jerseys (especially the away), I hope you guys like them. :)

I really like Houstons kits, although it might help to have more orange on the third jersey, but I like the ideas behind both, also really liking the home socks

orlando love both home and away, but third not feeling it, I just don't like it, sorry, I think a black kit might look good with purple accents

• 2 weeks later...

Up next is Real Salt Lake, I have to say that I've had difficulties finding inspiration for this one:

Real Salt Lake Home copy.png

Real Salt Lake Away copy.png

I wanted to create a classy look for the home jersey, so I used a polo collar.

The away jersey is inspired by the well-received yellow jersey of 2010. I thought the jersey looked a bit bland so I decided to add a red stripe on the jersey which is based on the yellow stripe on the socks of the 2010 jersey.

10 hours ago, Aggie12 said:

I really like the home kit for salt lake, for the away I like the yellow but not the center stripe

Thanks, I wasn't too keen on the away jersey anyway, I will try to do another version of it shortly.

We continue with Montreal Impact:

Montreal Impact Home copy.png

Montreal Impact Away copy.png

On the home jersey I used the fleur-de-lis from Quebec's flag on the sleeves. I was originally going to use the same pattern throughout the jersey, but the jersey became too busy when I did that.

On the away jersey, I incorporated another element from Quebec's flag, the cross. Some teams in soccer use the cross in their jerseys and I think it would be a unique look for the MLS.

Archived