kerlonmoura

MLS Redesign (8/21, Inter Miami added)

I haven't seen this series before, and you've got some cool stuff!

That pattern on the LAFC away is great!

I don't think it works quite as well on the home; it just ends up looking like a weird contour map.

Love the Minnesota north star jersey, the SJ away shorts, the Toronto Blizzard fauxback, and the Houston space shuttle away!

I think white shorts would work better with Portland's subtler plaid.

Philadelphia's set is really weird. I'm not sure about it, but it's definitely unique!

I like the seafoam color of the Seattle away.

Vancouver's away is really nice! Maybe try continuing the pattern downward with sublimated lines?

I'd be curious to see Miami!

On the opening day for the MLS, here are the jerseys for FC Cincinnati. On the home jersey, I based it off the jersey worn on their impressive 2017 US Open Cup campaign; and on the away jersey, I mimicked their logo using the sash. I hope you like them!

8xu8Jz9.png

MNpt8PC.png

I'd love to see the back of FCC's home kit. Is the back solid or would you keep that slash across the back?

These Cincy jerseys look pretty good, though the away looks a bit too LA Galaxy for my time. Having blue shorts and some more diagonal stripes would help!

On 2/3/2019 at 11:49 AM, vtgco said:

I don't think it works quite as well on the home; it just ends up looking like a weird contour map.

Love the Minnesota north star jersey, the SJ away shorts, the Toronto Blizzard fauxback, and the Houston space shuttle away!

Philadelphia's set is really weird. I'm not sure about it, but it's definitely unique!

Vancouver's away is really nice! Maybe try continuing the pattern downward with sublimated lines?

Thanks for all the nice comments! At first I wasn't going to use the pattern at all on the home jersey, but decided to apply it regardless to mimic the 1992 Adidas template. Maybe a subtler application of the pattern could've been better. For Portland, I wanted a darker jersey to contrast the home jersey that already has white shorts, but I think it could be a good idea to balance the kit out. I will post the jerseys applying your constructive feedback after some time.

11 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

I'd love to see the back of FCC's home kit. Is the back solid or would you keep that slash across the back?

Ideally, it would look like the following with the slash and the color split:

ODDIeSO.png

9 hours ago, vtgco said:

These Cincy jerseys look pretty good, though the away looks a bit too LA Galaxy for my time. Having blue shorts and some more diagonal stripes would help!

I was actually planning to apply three stripes as a sash similar to this Arsenal jersey, but it took too much space on the kit. However, I will apply the feedback and post the adjusted kit shortly, alongside your other comments.

After a long break, here are the jerseys for Nashville SC. On the home jersey, I have utilized the soundwave pattern that the club has been using in social media. Meanwhile on the away jersey, I was inspired by York City's iconic Y-front jerseys and I adapted the same idea to Nashville SC due to the prominence of the letter N in their logo and their slogans (such as "Everyone N"). To top it off, on the third jersey I wanted to go for a unique color and I have been inspired by the exterior of the historic Tootsie's Orchid Lounge honky-tonk bar. An orchid pattern completes the third jersey. Hope you like the jerseys, and please let me know if you have any feedback!

g70IBrT.png

DC2B0BX.png

BRuP018.png

I just went through this entire thread, great designs. Real Salt Lake might honestly be my favorite, they look super classy.

I just got around to this so it's time for a block of text. In general, I really like the presentation of the kits ... the template is nice.

NYCFC: going blue/white/orange looks much better than I expected and it's such a unique look that I'd like to see them try it at some point and the skyline with the Statue of Liberty included is really cool.

Nashville: I think the yellow/blue/white worked great and the wave pattern is a great way to give the yellow shirt some character. Great job on that. I'm not sure the large N works all that well on the secondary though.

Cincy: our primary kit concepts are nearly identical so hopefully the Adidas designers take the hint ... and the secondary is classy as well and I appreciate keeping the sash going with both kits

DC: I think there is too much red to be honest, but that's because I view DC as a black and white team with red accents ... but I don't think your DC concept works as well as most of your others

LAFC: the underlying pattern works great and has a real LAFC feel to it, but I think the shoulder stripes might just be too distracting on the primary ... the secondary however is perfect

Minnesota: the update with the sublimated wings on the primary is great ... and if you go away from the big wing on the primary but want to keep the wing imagery, then this was a great way to do it

Atlanta: the primary kit is amazing to me as a modernized kit ... going through my series I realized that soccer concepts are unique since teams will change their kits every year (or two in MLS) and in reality a team will vary between very classic or retro looking kits and more modernized stuff so in a perfect world a designer would have one of each because kit design is cyclical ... and when Atlanta varies to a more modernized or stylized design, this feather look in the stripes is so unique and works well for Atlanta with the phoenix bird on the flag ... the Atlanta second kit seems weirdly balanced in terms of colors since those middle stripes just seem slapped on ... but the third is great.

Vancouver: as a modern and stylized design for Vancouver, these designs are also great and uniquely Caps

Seattle: I really want Seattle to bring more of the flag imagery into their kits, because the Chief Seattle is so cool

LA Galaxy: the zig zags in the sash and sublimated on the secondary are great, and I picked up on the flag reference right away so it works great

NE: that flag-inspired kit is amazing and I actually think the tree logo shouldn't have an outline, but it's a tremendous kit

Great job so far. I hope you keep going with this and churning out some new designs. Especially for expansion teams.

Here are the kits for the last team for the 2020 season, Inter Miami. On the home kit, I have utilized an abstract design depicting waves hitting the Miami Beach coastline. On the away kit, I have applied a design that belongs to the Outrun/synthwave aesthetic, both of which draw inspiration from 80s Miami. I have also taken advantage of the fact that Inter Miami doesn't have a sponsor this season and placed the main design element centrally on the away kit.

MJWL4jj.png

pfZZAG7.png

On 2/3/2019 at 11:49 AM, vtgco said:

Thank you very much, great to hear that you have liked the kits, I'll try to work on the feedback sometime soon. 👍

On 5/29/2020 at 8:42 AM, Hawkeye15 said:

I just got around to this so it's time for a block of text. In general, I really like the presentation of the kits ... the template is nice.

NYCFC: going blue/white/orange looks much better than I expected and it's such a unique look that I'd like to see them try it at some point and the skyline with the Statue of Liberty included is really cool.

Nashville: I think the yellow/blue/white worked great and the wave pattern is a great way to give the yellow shirt some character. Great job on that. I'm not sure the large N works all that well on the secondary though.

Cincy: our primary kit concepts are nearly identical so hopefully the Adidas designers take the hint ... and the secondary is classy as well and I appreciate keeping the sash going with both kits

DC: I think there is too much red to be honest, but that's because I view DC as a black and white team with red accents ... but I don't think your DC concept works as well as most of your others

LAFC: the underlying pattern works great and has a real LAFC feel to it, but I think the shoulder stripes might just be too distracting on the primary ... the secondary however is perfect

Minnesota: the update with the sublimated wings on the primary is great ... and if you go away from the big wing on the primary but want to keep the wing imagery, then this was a great way to do it

Atlanta: the primary kit is amazing to me as a modernized kit ... going through my series I realized that soccer concepts are unique since teams will change their kits every year (or two in MLS) and in reality a team will vary between very classic or retro looking kits and more modernized stuff so in a perfect world a designer would have one of each because kit design is cyclical ... and when Atlanta varies to a more modernized or stylized design, this feather look in the stripes is so unique and works well for Atlanta with the phoenix bird on the flag ... the Atlanta second kit seems weirdly balanced in terms of colors since those middle stripes just seem slapped on ... but the third is great.

Vancouver: as a modern and stylized design for Vancouver, these designs are also great and uniquely Caps

Seattle: I really want Seattle to bring more of the flag imagery into their kits, because the Chief Seattle is so cool

LA Galaxy: the zig zags in the sash and sublimated on the secondary are great, and I picked up on the flag reference right away so it works great

NE: that flag-inspired kit is amazing and I actually think the tree logo shouldn't have an outline, but it's a tremendous kit

Great job so far. I hope you keep going with this and churning out some new designs. Especially for expansion teams.

Thank you very much for the valuable feedback, glad you liked the kits!