colinturner95

NHL 2017 Redsign (Added All Star Game)

Recommended Posts

I think the Capitals looked better with the gold myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Morgo said:

I think the Capitals looked better with the gold myself.

That's kind of the way I am, but the more I look at it, it does look pretty clean with just the red, white and blue.

 

Here's a side by side: 

 

4cvFnLJ.png   kJwEm84.png

 

You can definitely see a big difference, and like @OhioSportsMan61 said, the bronze doesn't allow the colors to pop.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm just a sucker for how you execute the metallics :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 9/28/2016 at 4:11 PM, bkknight95 said:

Welcome to the West: 

 

PNjTcZ8.pngPUnjGo9.png

 

I don't know how you mess with the Blackhawks' uniforms. They're classic and timeless. So I went ahead and messed with them ever so slightly. I was a big fan of the more recent Winter Classic uniforms and so that played a deal into the design. 

 

-jerseys remain largely untouched. Only difference is the Tomahawk "C"'s are on the stripes. The home hem no longer goes all the way down. 

-away jersey stripes flipped so theres a more bit of consistency. 

-pants don't change. 

-socks don't change. 

 

Alternate: 

 

yadoddq.png

 

Rather than recolor a jersey for an alternate, I did something a little newish. 

 

-black jersey, roundel with modern logo. 

-used the hem stripe across the board on this one

-Tomahawk logo on the sleeves. 

 

C&C welcome!

 

 

I feel like a red-black-white colour scheme would look good for that alternate.

Home and Away uniforms are great, keep it up!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/28/2016 at 3:11 PM, bkknight95 said:

Welcome to the West: 

 

PNjTcZ8.pngPUnjGo9.png

 

I don't know how you mess with the Blackhawks' uniforms. They're classic and timeless. So I went ahead and messed with them ever so slightly. I was a big fan of the more recent Winter Classic uniforms and so that played a deal into the design. 

 

-jerseys remain largely untouched. Only difference is the Tomahawk "C"'s are on the stripes. The home hem no longer goes all the way down. 

-away jersey stripes flipped so theres a more bit of consistency. 

-pants don't change. 

-socks don't change. 

 

Alternate: 

 

yadoddq.png

 

Rather than recolor a jersey for an alternate, I did something a little newish. 

 

-black jersey, roundel with modern logo. 

-used the hem stripe across the board on this one

-Tomahawk logo on the sleeves. 

 

C&C welcome!

 

 

These look great. I'm not a fan of the tomahawk Cs on the stripes. They don't look horrible, I just think they're better placed on the shoulder, especially with the home/away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry I didn't get Colorado up sooner, I was away at my first College Hockey tournament in Seattle

 

Anyways, here's the Avs: 

 

7XHa96x.pngg4aWW2r.png

So the Avalanche's current uniforms suck. That's so plain and obvious. I don't think the alt is good enough to promote to a home/away status, so I went a more familiar route and flashed back to the past for the new look. 

 

-black has become navy blue, which is a popular move, but here's an unpopular one, I also dropped silver for sake of cleaning up the color scheme. 

-Yeti foot returns to the shoulders. 

-used the new font from the current alternate jersey. 

-C-Mountain logo on the pant leg. 

 

Alternates: 

 

B5rJxP0.pngV2n0X73.png

 

So, I'm not the biggest fan of the alts they rolled out, but felt that with a few tweaks they could work. 

 

-one jersey is navy with light blue minimalized, the other is the inverse

-mountain-esque striping found throughout

 

C&C welcome as always. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bkknight95 said:

Sorry I didn't get Colorado up sooner, I was away at my first College Hockey tournament in Seattle

 

Anyways, here's the Avs: 

 

7XHa96x.pngg4aWW2r.png

So the Avalanche's current uniforms suck. That's so plain and obvious. I don't think the alt is good enough to promote to a home/away status, so I went a more familiar route and flashed back to the past for the new look. 

 

-black has become navy blue, which is a popular move, but here's an unpopular one, I also dropped silver for sake of cleaning up the color scheme. 

-Yeti foot returns to the shoulders. 

-used the new font from the current alternate jersey. 

-C-Mountain logo on the pant leg. 

 

Alternates: 

 

B5rJxP0.pngV2n0X73.png

 

So, I'm not the biggest fan of the alts they rolled out, but felt that with a few tweaks they could work. 

 

-one jersey is navy with light blue minimalized, the other is the inverse

-mountain-esque striping found throughout

 

C&C welcome as always. 

I think the removal of silver makes this a cleaner set, also I think you should remove the double outline on the numbers. This is a great Avs set, keep it up!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Something seems off in the alternates. I think if you flipped the mountain color and the "C-circle" color, it would not be as lost in the jersey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, ahowe6464 said:

Something seems off in the alternates. I think if you flipped the mountain color and the "C-circle" color, it would not be as lost in the jersey.

 

14 hours ago, TheGoldenTriangle said:

I think the removal of silver makes this a cleaner set, also I think you should remove the double outline on the numbers. This is a great Avs set, keep it up!

 

CpGkTRP.png   oHuYdfo.png

 

So I went back and changed the coloring of the Mountain logo so it's a little more visible on the respective jerseys. 

 

Now about the number outlining. I tried to remove the outlines on the home and road jerseys. And it just didn't work on the home jersey. And in addition, I went and added the outlines to the alternates. After looking at it for a while, it looks bad IMO to have the double outlining on the H/A jerseys and nothing on the alts. 

 

Anyways, let me know what you guys think!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bkknight95 said:

 

 

CpGkTRP.png   oHuYdfo.png

 

So I went back and changed the coloring of the Mountain logo so it's a little more visible on the respective jerseys. 

 

Now about the number outlining. I tried to remove the outlines on the home and road jerseys. And it just didn't work on the home jersey. And in addition, I went and added the outlines to the alternates. After looking at it for a while, it looks bad IMO to have the double outlining on the H/A jerseys and nothing on the alts. 

 

Anyways, let me know what you guys think!

I think adding a outline to the alternates made have been a better thing than removing outlines on the H/A uniforms. These look even better now, good job!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry I was gone a few days, but I wasn't sure about Dallas' uniforms and I just said screw it, and here they are: 

 

eqDKlGZ.pngbdlJ7bu.png

 

These were orignially for a Stadium Series concept, actually, a lot of these were, and instead I turned it into just and NHL redesign series. But anyways, I thought Dallas nailed it with the last redesign, especially with the shade of green. I just wanted to try out something different. 

 

-remember the old star jerseys, they make a return in a way. 

-adapted the design for stripes on the sleeves

-font finally gets an outline

-new pant stripe gets interupted by stars now

 

Alternate: 

 

Dltl8YH.png

 

Simply based off of the Dallas Texans' old uniforms.  

 

-NW stripes on the sleeves, Star on the stripes

-Adapted D logo on the chest. 

-new font on the back. 

 

These are a little crazy, so I'm expecting mixed reviews on these. C&C it up!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

YES. Star jerseys all the way. If my eyes don't deceive me and that logo is chrome, keep it that way. It gives a nice touch to the set. Fauxback is perfect as well.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/09/2016 at 8:17 PM, bkknight95 said:

Moving right along to the Islanders: 

 

pJ0jQEE.pngF6XSK5K.png

 

The only problem I actually have with the Islanders current jerseys is that they just are starting to look dated but I don't think the design should be completely abandoned. That being said, I think the Edge redesign for them wasn't entirely bad, but could have done more with less. 

 

-inspired by the edge redesign, the stripes on the sleeves basically flip positions. 

-same logo

-and because they can't remind us enough about the 4 cups, the 4 stripes are on the collar. 

-pants and socks stay mostly the same

 

Alternates: 

 

tCxskoI.pngiSVmZaE.png

 

Well these were designed about the same time the questioning about how long the Islanders would stay in the Barclays Center, but I still rolled with them. So this is assuming the Islanders still want to roll with the whole black and white thing. 

 

-inspired by the Brooklyn Americans final uniform

-logo is from the real life black helmets. 

-4 stripes all over the place because we can't forget that they won those. 

-white version because why not? 

 

C&C welcome!

 

These are awesome!

 

I think you nailed those home and away jerseys. Took the best part from the Edge and the traditional ones. Great work!

 

And those alternates. That wordmark is just fantastic!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope everyone is doing their best to survive Monday. 

 

BbKVXwd.png66OlEgM.png

 

Minnesota, in my opinion, is so close to having perfect uniforms. But they need to chose which avenue they want to go down. As for me, I don't because I can combine the best of both worlds. :D

 

-green uniform becomes the home jersey. Green is criminally underused in the NHL. 

-took the sleeve design of the red jersey, hem and font of the green and combined the two into what you see here. 

-away jersey remains white. 

-pants have a stripe with the star shooting down the sides. 

 

Alternates: 

 

a0FYsRv.pngKnnt7JR.png

 

Don't worry fans, the red isn't going anywhere and for the fans of the cream color, you get your wish too. Not really a far departure from the normal home and away, but just opted for more traditional stripes instead. And as for the cream alternate's helmet, I wasn't sure which looked better so I left it cream. But I imagine it wouldn't look bad with a green helmet either

 

C&C welcome!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think the red and wheat should switch on the home striping. Wheat is a tertiary color, it shouldn't overshadow the red. I like the idea of what you were going for with the pants but the execution doesn't work for me - it feels too overdesigned.

 

And thankfully Vanek's lazy ass is off the team finally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, jujubeans said:

Think the red and wheat should switch on the home striping. Wheat is a tertiary color, it shouldn't overshadow the red. I like the idea of what you were going for with the pants but the execution doesn't work for me - it feels too overdesigned.

 

And thankfully Vanek's lazy ass is off the team finally.

 

And so of course the Red Wings sign Vanek's lazy ass. <_<

 

18 hours ago, TheGoldenTriangle said:

Minnesota looks great, the only complaint is that the wheat Alternate feels a little empty. I think the primary logo on the shoulders would fix it up.

 

Little earlier of a post than I'm used to, but I had nothing else to do, so here's Minnesota's updates: 

 

R8XzuQ1.png

 

Flipped the wheat and red on the home jersey, also all the pants have the new, simpler design. 

 

INfScO4.pngGqqZdv8.png

 

Both alternates get the new pants, and the primary logo on the shoulders. 

 

C&C welcome!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bkknight95 said:

 

And so of course the Red Wings sign Vanek's lazy ass. <_<

 

 

Little earlier of a post than I'm used to, but I had nothing else to do, so here's Minnesota's updates: 

 

R8XzuQ1.png

 

Flipped the wheat and red on the home jersey, also all the pants have the new, simpler design. 

 

INfScO4.pngGqqZdv8.png

 

Both alternates get the new pants, and the primary logo on the shoulders. 

 

C&C welcome!

Great updates! These look 100 times better now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.