Sign in to follow this  
Zeus89725

CCSLN Theme Park Logo Thread

I can't find/remember who, but someone in the Airport Logo Thread suggested this thread got started.

Below are my two local theme park logos.

EG-Final%20Logo_CMYK_1425919361752_14707

Lakeside-Amusement-Park.png

What are your favorite/local theme park logos?

There are two locally.

Darien Lake in Corfu, NY outer ring suburb of Buffalo, which used to be associated with Six Flags but is now independant. It has amusement rides and a full water park. It actually started in the late 70's as just a water park.

Current Logo

Darien_Lake_Resort_logo_zpsxqtgkbhl.png

Previous one

darien-lake-theme-park-resort-profile_zp

We also have Fantasy Island in Grand Island NY, between Buffalo and Niagara Falls, which is geared more to the "Under 12" Crowd.

41755_s_zpsn5xgwkxt.jpg

logo_canadaswonderland.png

I'm not a big fan of amusement parks, but Dollywood (Pigeon Forge, TN) has to be the one I've enjoyed the most:

362px-Dollywood_logo.svg.png

EDIT: @nash61, Canada's Wonderland's logo reminds me of King's Island (Mason, OH), which is also a theme park:

Kings-Island-logo.png

Original_Canada%27s_Wonderland_logo.png

Glorious childhood.

49-off-at-wonderland-718212-regular-3.jp

Pretty good recent one, although that woman(child?) on the left is too photoshopped in.

b9f778fd-5f84-413b-ba45-cd41bfbec452_d.J

My fav logo for a ride.

Take out some of the gradients and little details and this would actually be a solid athletic logo. As a ride logo, it's one of the best.

image.jpeg

(In case you can't tell, this is at Canada's Wonderland)

35 minutes ago, timberwolf said:

Take out some of the gradients and little details and this would actually be a solid athletic logo. As a ride logo, it's one of the best.

image.jpeg

(In case you can't tell, this is at Canada's Wonderland)

I like it, but the neck seems too long and the jaw/teeth don't look right. It's a great logo, otherwise.

On 8/9/2016 at 0:57 PM, nash61 said:

logo_canadaswonderland.png

Reminds me of this --

PAL_DutchWonderland.png

And then there is my favorite amusement park --

hersheypark_kiss_color_2008-1024x332.jpg

41 minutes ago, leopard88 said:

Reminds me of this --

PAL_DutchWonderland.png

And then there is my favorite amusement park --

hersheypark_kiss_color_2008-1024x332.jpg

I spent a good bit of time at both of these as a kid (grew up in Lancaster, PA). I haven't been to either in years, but I drive past DW when on my way to my parents' house.

I wish the Hershey logo still had the rainbow ferris wheel thing on it, but I like how versatile the new one is for Halloween, Christmas and stuff

de7304d0-f32f-0131-6d78-0aa0f90d87b4.jpg

On 8/9/2016 at 1:00 PM, mr.nascar13 said:

EDIT: @nash61, Canada's Wonderland's logo reminds me of King's Island (Mason, OH), which is also a theme park:

Kings-Island-logo.png

Both parks are owned by Cedar Fair, and were both previously owned by Paramount from 1993-2006. Paramount parks had a logo template that included the movie studio logo and a standard typeface. Cedar Fair parks used to have unique logos for each park, but after they acquired the Paramount parks, they introduced new logos for all the parks based on the style and typeface of Cedar Point's logo. The only park that didn't adopt the Cedar Point typeface is Knott's Berry Farm.

This one's nostalgic from my childhood.  Was there as 5, 12, & 14yr old.

wdw-old-logo.png

The mouse ears alt logos were boss.

13 hours ago, burgundy said:

Both parks are owned by Cedar Fair, and were both previously owned by Paramount from 1993-2006. Paramount parks had a logo template that included the movie studio logo and a standard typeface. Cedar Fair parks used to have unique logos for each park, but after they acquired the Paramount parks, they introduced new logos for all the parks based on the style and typeface of Cedar Point's logo. The only park that didn't adopt the Cedar Point typeface is Knott's Berry Farm.

correct.

Carowinds (Charlotte NC/ Ft.Mill SC) was in that group too. the property is on the NC/SC state line so they promoted both state flags on the old logos.

2000px-Carowinds_logo.svg.png

Carowinds_logo.jpg

40th-JPEG-300x212.jpg

3584160.jpg

logo_purple.gif

Add Kings Dominion (just north of Richmond) to the list.

2000px-Kings_Dominion_logo.svg.png

pkd_logo_2004.jpg