Sign in to follow this  
R3G

Paul George Concept logo

I wanted to use an idea I had in the past, and try to improve on in while trying out white space for the first time. Gladly taking C&C. It's not a personal favorite, but this is my first time experimenting with white space.

PG logo.png

It's a great idea, but the P looks too much like an R. It might work well for Robert Griffin III

It look me a while to understand that it was P-G (even tho I knew it was a Paul George logo). The P is recognizable but my mind wants to make something of the added positive shape below P rather than the negative shape that makes the G.

Your curves and edges seem to be contrasting weirdly as well. You need some fine tuning on the small details. 

47 minutes ago, llfhockey said:

is it supposed to be a lower case g cause if it is its backwards

No.

1 hour ago, JESSEDIEBOLT said:

It look me a while to understand that it was P-G (even tho I knew it was a Paul George logo). The P is recognizable but my mind wants to make something of the added positive shape below P rather than the negative shape that makes the G.

Your curves and edges seem to be contrasting weirdly as well. You need some fine tuning on the small details. 

1 hour ago, jmoe12 said:

It's a great idea, but the P looks too much like an R. It might work well for Robert Griffin III

Thanks for the C&C. I changed it a bit to make it look like a P and take away the white space

PG logo v2.png

On August 9, 2016 at 5:03 PM, R3G said:

No.

Thanks for the C&C. I changed it a bit to make it look like a P and take away the white space

PG logo v2.png

This is working better. The general idea can probably turn out nicely but I don't think the letters themselves are very appealing right now. 

Been working on it some more. Kept the base of the idea but redid it quite a bit. I think I'm gonna stick with this concept, but continue working on making it more aesthetically pleasing, since it's kinda ugly.

PG logo v3.pngPG logo v3 P.pngPG logo v3 G.pngPG logo v3 13.png

Not to crush your hopes of this but it really have to look hard to even try to make sense of it. The latest design just looks like blocks put together. Nothing screams Paul George about this, or PG... The last imagine is a "B" or "13" 

On 8/16/2016 at 9:21 PM, worcat said:

Not to crush your hopes of this but it really have to look hard to even try to make sense of it. The latest design just looks like blocks put together. Nothing screams Paul George about this, or PG... The last imagine is a "B" or "13" 

I understand. Anyone else?

What if you kept the "P" light blue and the "G" dark blue like the second to last picture. Keep the bottom of the P and the top of the G but make them lines like a gradient. That way you still see the P and the G effect. I can mock up a drawing if you want to help show what I'm thinking of.

I have the same initials, so I understand the difficulty of trying to fit them together cohesively.  What you could try is using the negative space of the "P" for the "G" (my avatar has my attempt at it, which I've used as a personal logo).  Or. a lower-case "g" can be made symmetrical with the "P" (but does create a large negative space at the bottom in between).  Or, since it looks like you're trying to work 13 in there as well, a lower-case, cursive-style "g" could be made to resemble a "3".

Just ideas.  Keep chipping away, it'll get there.