AusGiant

Melbourne Storm Rebranded

Hey guys. I decided to have a crack at Melbourne Storm's outdated look. I've redone both the primary logo and the home jersey.

Here is the current logo and jersey. C&C welcome.

2eey838.png

2aioe9x.png

Yes bring back the yellow.

The purple seems a bit lighter than their current?

The M by itself is a bit Collegiate to me.

1 hour ago, fumbler said:

Yes bring back the yellow.

The purple seems a bit lighter than their current?

The M by itself is a bit Collegiate to me.

I grabbed the purple from the logo, although it might be a bit different to the shade they wear on field.

I'm not a huge fan of the mascot and (to me) the strongest thing about the current brand is the lightning bolt (that they hardly use). But I do get the University of Michigan vibes, although at least the 'one capital letter' look would be unique in Australia. 

There's a difference between rugby and the sport the Melbourne Storm play (rugby league) so the logo needs a tweak.

I don't mind the jerseys, they are not a huge departure from what we have seen from them in the past.  The purple you have used does appear much lighter than what they've used in the past but this year Star seem to have made it lighter.  It is a better use of the lightening bolt V than these. 

I'm not fussed on the logo.  I don't know that it works for a Rugby League team, especially not an Australian team.  Much of the merchandising in the NRL is centered around the mascot (especially the kids stuff) so these will always have strong representation in the logos in my opinion.  It's great to see more Rugby League on the boards though. NICE!

Storm.jpg

14 hours ago, AusGiant said:

I grabbed the purple from the logo, although it might be a bit different to the shade they wear on field.

I'm not a huge fan of the mascot and (to me) the strongest thing about the current brand is the lightning bolt (that they hardly use). But I do get the University of Michigan vibes, although at least the 'one capital letter' look would be unique in Australia. 

How about you include the Spire? A very under used logo and it is iconic to Melbourne.

Spire1.jpgSpire2.jpgSpire3.jpg

Someone created this for Melbourne City i thought it could give you a little spark.

Spire.jpg

Even though some might say it doesn't fit the culture of Rugby League, it's a very well done logo by itself. The lightening bolt in the M is very well done and the jerseys are as well. 

12 hours ago, fumbler said:

How about you include the Spire? A very under used logo and it is iconic to Melbourne.

Spire1.jpgSpire2.jpgSpire3.jpg

Someone created this for Melbourne City i thought it could give you a little spark.

Spire.jpg

Thanks for the suggestion, but my skills are way too limited. Plus purple and navy are a jerk to work with, especially given how similar the shades are.

Out of curiosity, has there ever been a Melbournian team that utilises any of its city's landmarks in their logos? Seems like a good concept given the decent buildings we've got.

On ‎10‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 8:14 PM, jr79 said:

There's a difference between rugby and the sport the Melbourne Storm play (rugby league) so the logo needs a tweak.

My bad, League and AFL are the only types of football I grew up with.

Update.

2rejspl.jpg

10 hours ago, AusGiant said:

Thanks for the suggestion, but my skills are way too limited. Plus purple and navy are a jerk to work with, especially given how similar the shades are.

Out of curiosity, has there ever been a Melbournian team that utilises any of its city's landmarks in their logos? Seems like a good concept given the decent buildings we've got.

My bad, League and AFL are the only types of football I grew up with.

Update.

2rejspl.jpg

All good mate, we all have limits.

Mine are that i'm pretty bad and only make suggestions.

Your latest design i like better that you've made Storm the focal point. The blue is the right shade now and the yellow lightning bolt is my favourite part.

I can't think of one club of any code that uses any Melbourne landmarks.