Premier League x Baseball Crossover (Southampton Saints added 13/20) (Temporarily Inactive)

Victormrey

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Victormrey said:

So, this is how the wordmark looks on the uni:

Burnley Clarets Road Uniform Test.png

It looks off-centre due to the font, and I can't fix it. I think I'll stick to the original wordmark.

The new arching is better, but I think it's too low now. Bring it up a bit higher on the jersey and you have a winner.

After a day without designs, let's continue the series.

CHELSEA BLUES (CHELSEA FC)

Another easy name choice: Chelsea FC is mainly known as The Blues. The main colour I chose is blue, as well as a tad of red, colour used sometimes by the club for trimming; given this colour combination, I decided to give the team a look inspired by the LA Dodgers. The primary logo is the lion taken from the club's crest and the cap logo is made by the initials of the team put together.

Baseball Premier League Chelsea Blues Logo Sheet.png

The home and road uniforms feature the tradtional white and grey, while the alternate uniform uses blue top and pants, and white socks, inspired by the club's tradtional look.

Baseball Premier League Chelsea Blues Home Uniform.png

Baseball Premier League Chelsea Blues Road Uniform.png

Baseball Premier League Chelsea Blues Alt Uniform.png

The Blues look excellent!

One suggestion I'll make that could take your concepts to the next level would be to incorporate some baseball imagery into the logos and crests. For example, have the lion in the crest holding a bat instead of a staff, etc.

4 hours ago, Aggie12 said:

I think a "C" in the style of the Cincinnati reds would look better for the logos and word marks.

Nice idea, but I'm pretty happy with the look I get, but I'll try it for other team!

2 hours ago, coco1997 said:

The Blues look excellent!

One suggestion I'll make that could take your concepts to the next level would be to incorporate some baseball imagery into the logos and crests. For example, have the lion in the crest holding a bat instead of a staff, etc.

Thanks! I've not included them in order to make the logos more loyal to actual ones, but I'll try it from now ;)

1 hour ago, New York's Greatest said:

Hey look! It's the Chicagonto Blue Cubs!

1 hour ago, Aggie12 said:

Don't quote an entire concept when it's on the same page it clutters the thread. And I agree it is very Cubs-esqe 

1 hour ago, New York's Greatest said:

Fair enough, also there is a hint of blue jays

And well, is it a good thing or a bad thing? (I actually like the look of both of them :P)

Let's continue with another team from London.

LONDON EAGLES (CRYSTAL PALACE FC)

Crystal Palace are known as The Eagles because this animal have appeared on their logos since 1973. The colours chosen are red and blue, which the team have used since the 1973/74 season. The primary logo is the eagle taken from their current crest using a baseball ball instead of a soccer ball, and the cap logo is made by a L and an E put together.

Baseball Premier League London Eagles Logo Sheet.png

The home uniform is white, the road is grey, and the alternate is off-white cream, isnpired by the 1971/72 home kit.

Baseball Premier League London Eagles Home Uniform.png

Baseball Premier League London Eagles Road Uniform.pngBaseball Premier League London Eagles Alt Uniform.png

On 20/8/2016 at 3:11 AM, coco1997 said:

The Eagles are a solid design. I like that you took my advice to work in some baseball imagery! The primary reminds me of the American League logo

Thanks! And thanks once again for the advice about using baseball-related stuff.

Time for the blue team from Liverpool.

MERSEYSIDE TOFFEES (EVERTON FC)

"Everton are knows as The Toffees since their move to Goodison Park. There are several explanations for how this name came to be adopted with the best known being that there was a business in Everton Village, named Mother Noblett's, which was a Toffee Shop". The colours chosen are blue and navy. The primary logo is based on the 1982 logo taking the elements from the current design, the cap logo is made by a T and a M, in a Art Deco style, taken from my Inter Miami idea.

Baseball Premier League Merseyside Toffes Logo Sheet.png

The home uniform is white with blue pinstripes, inspired by the club's very first kit, back in 1878, the road uniform is grey and the alternate uniform is blue/white/navy, inspired by the kits used since 1905 to 1929 (this colour combination was brought back by Umbro in 2014).

Baseball Premier League Merseyside Toffes Home Uniform.png

Baseball Premier League Merseyside Toffes Road Uniform.pngBaseball Premier League Merseyside Toffes Alt Uniform.png

Excellent work on the Toffees. A few suggestions:

- I would change the shape of the primary logo back to the shield shape of Everton FC's current crest. The circle shape looks odd on the alt, but the shield shape would look more dynamic. 

- For the home uniform, flip the blues on the crown and bill of the cap. Caps with white front panels usually look better when the bill is a lighter color than the back and sides of the cap. 

- Maybe think about adding royal blue placket piping on the road jersey?

11 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Excellent work on the Toffees. A few suggestions:

- I would change the shape of the primary logo back to the shield shape of Everton FC's current crest. The circle shape looks odd on the alt, but the shield shape would look more dynamic. 

- For the home uniform, flip the blues on the crown and bill of the cap. Caps with white front panels usually look better when the bill is a lighter color than the back and sides of the cap. 

- Maybe think about adding royal blue placket piping on the road jersey?

11 hours ago, jmoe12 said:

I feel like there's too much white space on the primary logo. I would suggest putting the tower inside one of the wreaths instead of the circle.

Than you guys for the feeback! The designs have been updated.

@coco1997 thanks for the suggestion of using a trim around the placket, but I think it looks better without it.

Archived