NHL Combination of Eras (BONUS: Whale-canes)

TheLAKnight

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't have all of the alternate jerseys done for the Metro, but I will post what I have for the first half of the division.

Carolina

Since the Hurricanes have only ever used the one alternate jersey, nothing would change for its use here.

Columbus

Logos: As was suggested by @New York's Greatest, I used the Blue Jackets original logo, albeit recolored to match the jersey's color scheme. The crest from their current alternate is used as a shoulder patch as it now is on the current home and road set.

Columbus Logo 3.png

Jersey Set: Obviously, the primary design of this look comes from the team's 3rd jersey. Instead of leaving some of the stripes silver, I made them black to incorporate the BFBS on their first alternate jersey. The only other minor detail is that there are 3 stars on the sleeve cuffs just like the original home and road set.

Columbus Alt Set 1.png

New Jersey

No new jersey here. Every detail has been incorporated into the main set.

NY Islanders

Logos: The Isles last 2 alternate jerseys have separated the NY from the rest of the primary. That remains true here. The lighthouse shoulder patch is revived sans gray and teal (this set of made prior to adding teal to the main set).

NY Islanders Logo 2.png

Jersey Set: The Islanders have worn some very bizarre jerseys over the years. Many designs are brought back for this set. Rather than make the jersey black, I used an orange base (2002-07). The sleeve design combines that set with their first and second black jerseys giving it an angled navy blue cuff with 4 white stripes through it. Other details include:

• shoulder yoke (2002-07, 2011-14, 2014-15)
  • hem with B for Brooklyn (2015-present)
  • alternate number font (2015-present) with single outline (2014-15) 
  • oversized pants logo on left leg (2014-present)

NY Islanders Alt Set 1.png

1 hour ago, TheLAKnight said:

NY Islanders

Logos: The Isles last 2 alternate jerseys have separated the NY from the rest of the primary. That remains true here. The lighthouse shoulder patch is revived sans gray and teal (this set of made prior to adding teal to the main set).

NY Islanders Logo 2.png

Jersey Set: The Islanders have worn some very bizarre jerseys over the years. Many designs are brought back for this set. Rather than make the jersey black, I used an orange base (2002-07). The sleeve design combines that set with their first and second black jerseys giving it an angled navy blue cuff with 4 white stripes through it. Other details include:

• shoulder yoke (2002-07, 2011-14, 2014-15)
  • hem with B for Brooklyn (2015-present)
  • alternate number font (2015-present) with single outline (2014-15) 
  • oversized pants logo on left leg (2014-present)

NY Islanders Alt Set 1.png

WOW. I'm seriously impressed that you were able to combine all of that into one jersey, especially with this result. :notworthy:

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

Finally finished the last few alternates for the Metro. I'll say right off the bat that I'm only happy with 3 of them as I'll explain.

NY Rangers

Logo: Lady Liberty is back!

Jersey Set: Every alternate that the Rangers have worn has used navy blue. The striping pattern comes from the team's current alternate, but white replaces vintage white and the sleeve stripes are angled like the Lady Liberty jersey. The first version of this set flipped the stripe coloring, used vintage white, and had the throwback logo on the front as a tie in to the team's '70s set.

NY Rangers Alt Set 2.png

Philadelphia

Logo: Same.

Jersey Set: This set is mostly a remake of the team's first black jersey, however, the white hem stripe carries over from the primary set. That stripe also calls back to two other alternates. The tie-down comes from the latter of those as well.

Philadelphia Alt Set 1.png

Pittsburgh

Logo: The shoulder patch from the primary set, which puts the robo-pen in a roundel, is used as the crest.

Jersey Set: If the team's second set used gold instead of powder blue, it would look like this. One change though is the triple white stripes which combine the original set (and 2nd Winter Classic jersey) with their '90s alternate/home. The gold helmet returns from the '80s. The number font carries over.

Pittsburgh Alt Set 1.png

Washington

Logo: The eagle logo becomes the crest after serving as the shoulder patch on the primary set, however, it is now red instead of blue.

Jersey Set: This was the one that I'm not satisfied with. The lighter blue color worked well on the home and road jerseys, but without black, it doesn't pop as well. The stripes more or less copy their pre-EDGE set. A pair of red pants (1974-752011-15) is used with stripes but no stars. I could have kept the same pants, but the all blue look would be strange for the Caps. The number font carries over.

Washington Alt Set 1.png

I think I'll move on to the Central tomorrow. Might go back to posting 1 team per day, but we'll see. 

As I mentioned yesterday, we'll move on to the Central division today. 

Logo: Not everyone with agree with this choice, but I used the classic roundel as the primary crest. The head on the inside is the current version. The outer outline is tan like it was from the '60s to the '90s. If enough people want the head by itself, I'll make the change. The tomahawk C's remain on the shoulders.

Chicago Logo 2.png

Jersey Set: I have 2 sets to post. The home jersey is the same for both. As they did in the '50s and early '60s, the stripes on the arms math those on the hem. On the road jersey, the cuffs (and shoulders on version 2) are red based on their set worn in the late '40s. The striping pattern remains as it's been from 1955 to the present. Their pants stripe has been the same since the '50s, but a bottom portion was used in several forms from the team's inception until then. Also, the tie-down comes from the '50s.

Version 1

Chicago Set 1.png

Version 2

Chicago Set 2.png

Both versions look great, but I think the red should have a white collar. Also, if you're going to go for the red yolk on the away I think it would fit better without the black outline. I really like the roundel, and that you changed it up a bit for a team whose had the same uniform for about 50 years.

38 minutes ago, TheLAKnight said:

As I mentioned yesterday, we'll move on to the Central division today. 

Logo: Not everyone with agree with this choice, but I used the classic roundel as the primary crest. The head on the inside is the current version. The outer outline is tan like it was from the '60s to the '90s. If enough people want the head by itself, I'll make the change. The tomahawk C's remain on the shoulders.

Chicago Logo 2.png

Jersey Set: I have 2 sets to post. The home jersey is the same for both. As they did in the '50s and early '60s, the stripes on the arms math those on the hem. On the road jersey, the cuffs (and shoulders on version 2) are red based on their set worn in the late '40s. The striping pattern remains as it's been from 1955 to the present. Their pants stripe has been the same since the '50s, but a bottom portion was used in several forms from the team's inception until then. Also, the tie-down comes from the '50s.

Version 1

Chicago Set 1.png

Version 2

Chicago Set 2.png

I think the second one looks better. I always thought that Chicago's white jersey looked to simple and never had enough color. I like how you made the stripes match on the red jersey also. Tie down collar is also a nice touch. 

On 8/26/2016 at 9:34 PM, Zeus89725 said:

BuyNow.png

I clicked it but it didn't work. 

I like the 1st one better for Chicago as well. I'm digging that NYR alternate as well.

"This is our f*****g city. And nobody is going to dictate our freedom. Stay strong."—David Ortiz 

#34ever

I don't know if you already have a Sabres set ready, but I have felt strongly that the team could hit a home run by simply tweaking a few vintage classics:

- Primary jersey: a blue/gold version of this old alternate logo:

Buffalo-alternate.gif

Alternate Jersey: a slightly modernized version of the buffalo isolated from the original logo:

buffalo-sabres-desktop-background.jpg

Either/or could serve as the shoulder patches with the other as the primary... all the pieces are there, but just need tweaking.

17 minutes ago, C-Squared said:

I don't know if you already have a Sabres set ready, but I have felt strongly that the team could hit a home run by simply tweaking a few vintage classics:

- Primary jersey: a blue/gold version of this old alternate logo:

Buffalo-alternate.gif

Alternate Jersey: a slightly modernized version of the buffalo isolated from the original logo:

buffalo-sabres-desktop-background.jpg

Either/or could serve as the shoulder patches with the other as the primary... all the pieces are there, but just need tweaking.

;)

23 hours ago, TheLAKnight said:

Finally finished the last few alternates for the Metro. I'll say right off the bat that I'm only happy with 3 of them as I'll explain.

NY Rangers

Logo: Lady Liberty is back!

Jersey Set: Every alternate that the Rangers have worn has used navy blue. The striping pattern comes from the team's current alternate, but white replaces vintage white and the sleeve stripes are angled like the Lady Liberty jersey. The first version of this set flipped the stripe coloring, used vintage white, and had the throwback logo on the front as a tie in to the team's '70s set.

NY Rangers Alt Set 2.png

Philadelphia

Logo: Same.

Jersey Set: This set is mostly a remake of the team's first black jersey, however, the white hem stripe carries over from the primary set. That stripe also calls back to two other alternates. The tie-down comes from the latter of those as well.

Philadelphia Alt Set 1.png

Pittsburgh

Logo: The shoulder patch from the primary set, which puts the robo-pen in a roundel, is used as the crest.

Jersey Set: If the team's second set used gold instead of powder blue, it would look like this. One change though is the triple white stripes which combine the original set (and 2nd Winter Classic jersey) with their '90s alternate/home. The gold helmet returns from the '80s. The number font carries over.

Pittsburgh Alt Set 1.png

Washington

Logo: The eagle logo becomes the crest after serving as the shoulder patch on the primary set, however, it is now red instead of blue.

Jersey Set: This was the one that I'm not satisfied with. The lighter blue color worked well on the home and road jerseys, but without black, it doesn't pop as well. The stripes more or less copy their pre-EDGE set. A pair of red pants (1974-752011-15) is used with stripes but no stars. I could have kept the same pants, but the all blue look would be strange for the Caps. The number font carries over.

Washington Alt Set 1.png

I think I'll move on to the Central tomorrow. Might go back to posting 1 team per day, but we'll see. 

LOVE ALL 3! Also lets forget about the unis the Rangers used in the mid-70s

Not a big change for today's team, but it's certainly a welcome change.

Logos: The primary logo doesn't change, but the secondary does. The foot is back, just recolored like the new Colorado C patch.

Colorado Logo 1.png

Jersey Set: The side panels from the current set are removed and the piping now separates the body from the sleeve stripes. The beloved mountain striping returns to the hem. The helmets, socks, and pants remain the same as they've always been.

Colorado Set 1.png

Archived