NHL Combination of Eras (BONUS: Whale-canes)

TheLAKnight

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, KittSmith_95 said:

Either replace all the Black with Navy or vice versa, please. The Navy C patch is awful on the current jerseys.

You could also technically borrow from the Colorado Rockies and the jerseys they wore (The NHL Team that is.).

The Nordiques too. Except nothing from the Nordiques would make sense on an Avalanche jersey.

7 minutes ago, sgriffin0110 said:

The Nordiques too. Except nothing from the Nordiques would make sense on an Avalanche jersey.

Shocked he didn't also borrow any elements from the teams alts as well.

The WHA-era Nords jerseys could work as inspiration too.

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

I agree with @Morgo, there needs to be contrast on the foot. A white outline separating it from the outline should be enough. Other than that, great work.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Last post about the Avs for now to clear up a few things.

As of right now, all elements have to have been used by the team (not franchise) in its current form. This means that not everything is going to look great if the team has worn some questionable looks. Elements from 3rd jerseys are incorporated into the team's new alternate jersey. At the end of the series, I may go back and use elements from other teams in the same location or from the same franchise.

The Navy foot is frustrating only because the rest of the uniform works so well.  Replace it with the silver foot and you've got arguably the best case scenario for the Avalanche in the 'RBK' era.  If you told me it was possible for the Avalanche to downgrade their uniforms I would have laughed.  But that's exactly what happened when they changed the shoulder patches.

With that out of the way, let's move on to Dallas!

Logos: This primary may incorporate the most looks from the Stars history. The overall look is meant to look like the logo the team carried over from Minnesota. The star is replaced by the team's current mark. Lastly, the choice of letter coloring comes from the team's forgettable EDGE look; white on the home, green on the road. The shoulder logo is the team's new Texas mark recolored to look like the original

FUN FACT: The bevelling on the star uses both Victory Green and the forest green from their previous look.

Dallas Logo 6.png 

Dallas Logo 7.png

Jersey Set: Dallas has worn a black jersey almost as long as they have worn a green jersey, so I made the primary black. The striping combines the team's original look (5 stripes) and their Star set (color pattern) on their current template. Other details include:

Dallas Set 1.png 

And don't worry, the Star look will return...

3 hours ago, Morgo said:

The Navy foot is frustrating only because the rest of the uniform works so well.  Replace it with the silver foot and you've got arguably the best case scenario for the Avalanche in the 'RBK' era.  If you told me it was possible for the Avalanche to downgrade their uniforms I would have laughed.  But that's exactly what happened when they changed the shoulder patches.

That was the only tricky thing with Colorado. Really it was just taking the current arm stripes and the former hem stripe to combine the eras. I probably could have just used the normal foot logo, but now that the C is around, I don't see it going away any time soon. The only way that that type of secondary logo would have worked for them is to have the avalanche of snow wrap around it like so many concepts have done.

Nothing for Dallas? Ok. We move on to their original home in Minnesota.

Logos: The primary logo stays the same, but the secondary uses elements from 3 alternate logos: roundel with original WILD text, shooting star from current home jersey crest, and red text from short-lived shoulder patch.

Minnesota Logo 1.png

Jersey Set: So, the stuff I said yesterday about not using 3rd jersey elements on the main set...I cheated a little on this set. The Wild's green alternate is essentially their home jersey based on how often it's worn on national feeds and in the playoffs. Plus, their road jersey has an almost identical striping pattern. With that said, the home jersey combines the current 3rd and road jerseys with their original set. The primary logo returns to the front of both jerseys and the sleeve length sleeves come back as well. The home jersey is devoid of white instead using wheat and red is only found on the logos and the collar insert. The road jersey doesn't use wheat and red is used on the collar and the numbers. Other details include:

• number font (2000-13)
  • all green pants (2009-present) with WILD wordmark (2000-10)
  • MINNESOTA script on home helmet (2009-present)

Minnesota Set 1.png

10/10 would buy the road jersey!!!! The home looks great too, but feels like it's missing something in the sleeve-length yoke... 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Not everyone is going to like the change that I made to Nashville, but it follows the theme of the thread.

Logos: The current primary logo is used as it is a much cleaner version of the original. The shoulder logo combines the sabertooth skull (used in various forms from 1998 to 2011) and the guitar pick.

Nashville Logo 2.png

Jersey Set: Navy blue returns as the primary color, relegating gold to secondary. Like the current set though, no silver is used. The template used from 2007-11 is used with the sleeve length stripes since they were intended to mimic the team's original look. in most places, gold replaces the silver. The hem stripes come from the current road jersey. Other details include:

• current number font and collar (2011-present)
  • triangle behind logo on road jersey (1998-2011)
  • navy pants with logo but no stripe (1998-2013)

Nashville Set 1.png

35 minutes ago, TheLAKnight said:

Not everyone is going to like the change that I made to Nashville, but it follows the theme of the thread.

Logos: The current primary logo is used as it is a much cleaner version of the original. The shoulder logo combines the sabertooth skull (used in various forms from 1998 to 2011) and the guitar pick.

Nashville Logo 2.png

Jersey Set: Navy blue returns as the primary color, relegating gold to secondary. Like the current set though, no silver is used. The template used from 2007-11 is used with the sleeve length stripes since they were intended to mimic the team's original look. in most places, gold replaces the silver. The hem stripes come from the current road jersey. Other details include:

Nashville Set 1.png

OMG YES!!! Why wasn't this our rebrand?

Ive been watching the series, and I love some of the ideas you have.

Welcome to Kansas, where you can see your future, literally.

image.png

IMG_1326.PNG

1 hour ago, TheLAKnight said:

Nashville Logo 2.png

Nashville Set 1.png

Awesome! Love that white jeresey. 

5 hours ago, TheLAKnight said:

Nashville Logo 2.png

Nashville Set 1.png

I really like this look, especially the away. For the theme, this is amazing. Did you consider swapping blue and yellow on the home? I think it would still work well, but also let them retain their "gold team" identity that the fanbase has embraced. I also really like that pick/skull combo. Not as much as the original pick one, but it works very well.

If the team used the actual pick and dropped the triangle, that away is absolutely what they should be wearing. Maybe it's because I am a Preds fan, but this is my favorite of the series.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Archived