World Hockey League 1991-92 (GMs Needed!)

JCRGraphix

33 minutes ago, BostonStrong13 said:

hiw do you sign the FA's? im interested in one. 

The free agent signing / trade window will begin immediately and will be open until game 50. It will reopen the day after the upcoming expansion draft in the off-season.

Also, here are some rules for line-ups and whatnot: Line-ups need to be submitted via PM weekly with your goaltending picks for the week with the maximum games in mind. If I don't receive a lineup, I will put in the best lines for forwards and defensemen. As far as goalies go, I'll go with the starter for 50%, the #2 guy 25%, and numbers 3 and 4 12.5% each. 

In the case of an injury, I will PM the GM and give the GM the opportunity to change their lineup. If I don't hear back from the GM, I'll put in the best lineup with available players.

For teams not controlled by a GM, trades will be accepted only if the trade is fair and reasonable to a GM in the 1990-91 season.

Each week, I will release the upcoming schedule so that you can do your scouting and pick your lineups. 

The season will begin on Sunday!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here are week 1's matchups:

HOME    AWAY

Amsterdam        Cologne
Boston        Winnipeg
Washington        Brooklyn
Chicago        Toronto
Stockholm        Copenhagen
Halifax        Seattle
Saskatoon        Helsinki
Kiev        St Petersburg
Riga        Montreal
Moscow        Prague

St Petersburg        Moscow
Brooklyn        Amsterdam
Winnipeg        Chicago
Copenhagen        Washington
Toronto        Halifax
Helsinki        Stockholm
Seattle        Kiev
Montreal        Saskatoon
Prague        Riga
Cologne        Boston

Saskatoon        Prague
Chicago        Boston
Amsterdam        Copenhagen
Halifax        Winnipeg
Washington        Helsinki
Kiev        Toronto
Stockholm        Montreal
Moscow        Seattle
Brooklyn        Cologne
Riga        St Petersburg

Cologne        Chicago
Copenhagen        Brooklyn
Boston        Halifax
Helsinki        Amsterdam
Winnipeg        Kiev
Montreal        Washington
Toronto        Moscow
Prague        Stockholm
Seattle        Riga
St Petersburg        Saskatoon

Washington        Prague
Halifax        Chicago
Brooklyn        Helsinki
Kiev        Boston
Amsterdam        Montreal
Moscow        Winnipeg
Copenhagen        Cologne
Riga        Toronto
Stockholm        St Petersburg
Saskatoon        Seattle

Cologne        Halifax
Helsinki        Copenhagen
Chicago        Kiev
Montreal        Brooklyn
Boston        Moscow
Prague        Amsterdam
Winnipeg        Riga
St Petersburg        Washington
Toronto        Saskatoon
Seattle        Stockholm

Helsinki        Cologne
Kiev        Halifax
Copenhagen        Montreal
Moscow        Chicago
Brooklyn        Prague
Riga        Boston
Amsterdam        St Petersburg
Saskatoon        Winnipeg
Washington        Seattle
Stockholm        Toronto

The following teams still need GMs:

COLOGNE MAGI
COPENHAGEN HAMMERS
HALIFAX BOMBERS
HELSINKI ICEBREAKERS
MONTREAL QUEBECOIS
MOSCOW STARS
RIGA GRIFFINS
STOCKHOLM NORSEMEN
WINNIPEG LAKERS

If I don't get a GM by midnight tomorrow night, GMs will have the option of taking a second team, and I will sim the rest.

6 minutes ago, timberwolf said:

So after the teams are unveiled and the GMs are set, what's the next move?

It's simple, we play and trade

Welcome to Kansas, where you can see your future, literally.

image.png

IMG_1326.PNG

25 minutes ago, RedfieldNick said:

I have a question when setting lineups, do their lines have to match what they're slated as?

Nope, the roles are just an idea of their rating level. If you really felt like it, you could put a fourth liner on the top line, but I wouldn't see the benefit in that.

1 hour ago, JCRGraphix said:

The free agent signing / trade window will begin immediately and will be open until game 50. It will reopen the day after the upcoming expansion draft in the off-season.

Also, here are some rules for line-ups and whatnot: Line-ups need to be submitted via PM weekly with your goaltending picks for the week with the maximum games in mind. If I don't receive a lineup, I will put in the best lines for forwards and defensemen. As far as goalies go, I'll go with the starter for 50%, the #2 guy 25%, and numbers 3 and 4 12.5% each. 

In the case of an injury, I will PM the GM and give the GM the opportunity to change their lineup. If I don't hear back from the GM, I'll put in the best lineup with available players.

For teams not controlled by a GM, trades will be accepted only if the trade is fair and reasonable to a GM in the 1990-91 season.

Each week, I will release the upcoming schedule so that you can do your scouting and pick your lineups. 

The season will begin on Sunday!

Question- So we send our lineups for each game?

and how many lines and defense do we send?

Also, other GMs i would be willing to listen to offers. I'm Amsterdam. 

IxkieML.png

17 minutes ago, RedfieldNick said:

It's simple, we play and trade

Sorry. Should've been clearer about this. Is there like a "tournament centre" or something? Someplace we can view all rosters and trade and view standings, matches, and such?

3 minutes ago, timberwolf said:

Sorry. Should've been clearer about this. Is there like a "tournament centre" or something? Someplace we can view all rosters and trade and view standings, matches, and such?

I'm working on that.

Here are some rule updates, which I will be compiling into one document:

GMs are limited to 3 free agent signings per week (does not apply to off-season)

Wins are 2 pts Ties are 1 in the standings.

Free Agency News:
PRAGUE signs G Damian Rhodes
PRAGUE releases G Sergei Zvyagin

12 hours ago, JosiahWVU said:

Question- So we send our lineups for each game?

and how many lines and defense do we send?

Also, other GMs i would be willing to listen to offers. I'm Amsterdam. 

Just a weekly lineup will do, goalies for each game. 4 forward lines, 3 defensive lines, and 2 goalies.

Rulebook just added to google docs:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AiN3sIGoe5VlwVYPxLjME5T9GHjoMR611ralnxoCbIc/edit?usp=sharing

I'll post the text here though too

Purpose: The WHL is a collabortative project in which all of the aspects of a major hockey league are simulated to provide an interesting and fun insight into the inner workings of a league, to provide a medium for artwork, and to provide a fun and competitive atmosphere for fantasy hockey enthusiasts.

GMs: GMs are volunteers who have accepted the role of managing a team. GMs will adhere to the following rules:

1.1 – GMs who drop out will have their teams managed by the commissioner until a suitable replacement can be found.

1.2 – GMs will conduct all trades and free agent signings via PM on CCSLC. Trades will be in a PM with both the other party involved in the trade and the commissioner.

1.3 – For teams not controlled by a GM, trades will be accepted only if the trade is fair and reasonable to a GM in the current season by the commissioner.

1.4 – The free agent signing / trade window will begin immediately and will be open until game 50 of the regular season. It will reopen the day after the expansion draft in the off-season. If there is no expansion draft, it reopens the day after the Global Cup championship.

1.5 – Players are broken down into categories:

Level I

Franchise Player

Franchise Goalie

Level II

Star Defenseman

Top Liner (F or D)

Starting Goalie

Level III

Second Liner (F or D)

Solid Backup

Level IV

Third Liner (F or D)

Backup

Level V

Fourth Liner (F)

Depth Goalie

1.6 – When signing free agents, you must drop a player of the same position.

1.7 – You must keep a roster of 4 goalies, 18 forwards, and 10 defensemen. If you make a trade that would put you over, you must drop the amount of players necessary to maintain that number. If you make a trade that would put you under, you must sign that number of free agents to maintain that number. These will not count against your weekly or season cap.

1.8 – For franchise players or goalies there are special rules. When trading a Franchise Player or Goalie, here are the only things that can be offered in exchange:

Another Franchise player or goalie

Level II player plus 3rd Round Draft Pick

Level II player plus Level III

Level II player plus 2 Level IV's

Level III player plus 1st Round Draft Pick

Level III player plus 2nd and 3rd Round Draft Picks

Level III player plus 2 Level IV's and a 3rd Round Draft Pick

1st 2nd and 3rd Round Draft Picks

1.9 – GMs are limited to 10 free agency moves during the regular season, and 3 free agency moves per week.

1.10 – GMs are not limited to the amount of trades per season or week.

1.11 – GMs will submit a weekly lineup consisting of 4 forward lines, 3 defensive pairs, and 2 goalies. GMs will also submit which goalie will play for which game. If no lineup is received, the commisssioner will put in the best lines for forwards and defensemen. For goalies, the commissioner will go with the starter for 50% of games, the #2 goalie 25%, and numbers 3 and 4 12.5% each.

1.12 – When submitting which goalie will play each game, the GM will keep in mind the maximum games allowed for each level of goalie:

Franchise Goalie - 50 games

Starting Goalie - 40 games

Solid Backup - 30 games

Backup - 20 games

Depth Goalie - 10 games

1.13 – Skaters are not limited to the number of games they can play.

1.14 – In the case of an injury, the commissioner will PM the GM and give the GM the opportunity to change their lineup. If there is no response from the GM, the commissioner will put in the best lineup with available players.

1.15 – If a GM is being abusive to another or not taking part in the purpose of the WHL, a vote will be held with all of the other GMs and commissioner as to their continuation in the league. A majority of 66% is needed to ban a GM. If a GM is banned, they will immediately surrender their team to the league. They will not be eligible to apply for a team until the next season.

1.16 – If a GM has been banned, a simple majority of 51% GM votes will be needed for their application for a team to be accepted.

GM Points:

2.1 – As a way to ensure competition among GMs, GM points will be awarded throughout the season. The points are awarded as specified below:

Win - 1 pt

Playoff Win - 2 pts

Free Agent Signing - 10 pts

Successful Trade - 25 pts

Successful Multi-Player Trade - 75 pts

Global Cup Championship – 100 pts

2.2 – GMs who manage teams from the European conference will receive a 10% bonus on GM points for the 1990-91, 1991-92, and 1992-93 seasons.

2.3 – At the end of the season, the GM with the top score is entitled to Champion Rewards, the next 2 get Elite Rewards, the next 2 get Extra Rewards, and the next 2 get Standard Rewards.

Champion Rewards: Option to relocate and rebrand plus Elite Rewards.

Elite Rewards: Option for new logo and Extra Rewards.

Extra Rewards: Option for a new uniform plus Standard Rewards

Standard Rewards: Option for a new secondary logo or shoulder patch.

Regular Season:

3.1 – The regular season will consist of 64 games with each team playing each other team once at home and once away, with each team also playing each other conference opponent a second time at home and away, and each division opponent a third time home and away.

3.2 – Wins are worth 2 pts and ties are worth 1 in the standings.

3.3 – In the case of a tie in standings, the team with the best score differential will be given the higher seed.

3.4 – In the case of a tied game, playoff games will be played in continuous sudden-death overtime until a winner is determined.

Playoffs:

4.1 – The top 2 teams from each division will play for the division championship. The winner of this round will go on to play for the conference championship. The winner of this round will play for the Global Cup.

4.2 – Each round will be a best-of-seven series.

4.3 – In the case of a tie, playoff games will be played in continuous sudden-death overtime until a winner is determined.

4.4 – GMs will submit all lineups for each round. Goalies are not limited to games played in the playoffs.

Changes to Rulebook:

5.1 – Changes to the WHL rulebook will be voted on by all the GMs and settled by a simple majority of 51%.

Archived