AHL's Hartford Wolf Pack unveil new uniforms for 2016-17 season

Luke_Groundrunner

I don't get the hate for these uniforms... These are AMAZING!!!! The super modern template doesn't really work for a traditional team like the Rangers, but it works for a much younger team like the Wolfpack. 

10/10

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

One of the junior teams I've worked with uses that template, and honestly it's not that bad. Has some real potential, especially if it stays away from the NHL. 

But, I wish they would've un-stadium-ed it and straightened the stripes and numbers.

The red is also a bit much, and with nothing but wordmarks, it looks a bit lacking. As Cleveland, and before them Colorado, showed us: If you have a diagonal word jersey, you need a hemline stripe to support it. This doesn't have enough of one.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

It's weird they use two different fonts for the Captain's C. I didn't hate the Stadium Series unis...but these do need hem stripes, as hockey week said.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Meh, I don't love 'em, don't hate 'em.

On a related note, white will only be worn at home until the holiday break, then they wear them on the road. Sounds like the AHL is moving towards a permanent dark at home rule.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

18 minutes ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

Meh, I don't love 'em, don't hate 'em.

On a related note, white will only be worn at home until the holiday break, then they wear them on the road. Sounds like the AHL is moving towards a permanent dark at home rule.

Hasn't this been the m.o for a few years?  Or am I completely misremembering?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Wordmark on the red alt is illegible from any distance. Should have gone white with a navy outline.

I don't think the AHL has done the midseason jersey switch since the 2001 IHL fold-in, at least. I know the IHL did it a few times in the '90s. Christmas seems awfully early to do it.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

59 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Hasn't this been the m.o for a few years?  Or am I completely misremembering?

19 minutes ago, Sodboy13 said:

Wordmark on the red alt is illegible from any distance. Should have gone white with a navy outline.

I don't think the AHL has done the midseason jersey switch since the 2001 IHL fold-in, at least. I know the IHL did it a few times in the '90s. Christmas seems awfully early to do it.

They haven't done it the last 2 seasons, at least. I looked around online, and apparently they used to do a switch. Looked around onlineased on what I'm seeing, it looks like @Sodboy13 is right, and they stopped about the IHL fold in, but I can't find anything conclusive.

I wasn't aware that they used to do it, so maybe it is just a return of alternating. The holidays do seem like an early time to switch, if it's just to showcase both at home.

I'm still inclined to think it's leading to a permanent switch. I know some people hated it, but the NHL's move to dark-at-home was pretty well recieved, as a whole.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

I don't think the AHL ever did a mid season switch. I know that from 1997 to 2002 the AHL was White at home. They wore Dark at home for about two or three years, and then went back to white at home until this year. A lot of teams had colored alternate jerseys just to switch it up. The Wolf Pack wore a "True Blue" Rangers jersey as their alternate for a few years. When they were the Whale they had a White home, Blue road, and a Green alternate. After they went back to the Wolf Pack they brought in a Red alternate jersey just to change it up. This year they will adopt the ECHL/OHL jersey rule which is White for half the season and then switch to the Dark after the holiday break.

girardi-1.png

lyip4wfi.pngzc9hmqq6.png

Thanks KaTo

Players who enter into a fight prior to, at, or immediately following the drop of the puck for a faceoff will be assessed an automatic game misconduct in addition to other penalties assessed.

Great rule, long time coming. Get the sorry-ass staged fights out.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

12 hours ago, hockey week said:

The mid-season switch has been common in the OHL, ECHL, and I assume the rest of the CHL but I don't know for sure. 

The AHL mid-season switch is one of their new rule changes for this season.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ahl-sets-curious-new-rules-on-fighting-icing-home-jerseys-202848246.html

Yes you're right. They have the mid-season jersey switch up rule throughout the CHL.

On 8/15/2016 at 6:06 PM, Luke_Groundrunner said:

On Aug 8th, the AHL's Hartford Wolf Pack unveiled new uniforms for the 2016-17 season. All three jerseys (Home/White + Road/Blue + Alternate/Red) are based on their parent club's (NY Rangers) Stadium Series jersey design from the other year. 

CpDfQJ1WgAERSzH.jpg

They have a chick on their team?  Damn...

Archived