NFL Expansion

DanDaMan13

Hey guys, im bored again so here is what I envision the NFL looking like in the near future....we'll go with 2050. 

Each division has 1 additional team with some realignments, relocations, and renames. I tried to make it as realistic and not-too-far-out-there as possible. I also list each team in its predicted standings.

AFCN

-Cleveland Browns

-Pittsburgh Steelers

-Chicago Wolves

-Cincinnati Bengals

-Baltimore Ravens

AFCS

-San Antonio Texans

-Houston Oilers

-Tennessee Titans

-Indianapolis Colts

-Jacksonville Jaguars

AFCE

-London Monarchs

-New York Jets

-Miami Dolphins

-Buffalo Bills

-New England Patriots

AFCE

-Los Angeles Raiders

-Kansas City Chiefs

-Denver Broncos

-San Diego Sharks

-Oakland Outlaws

NFCN

-Minnesota Vikings

-Toronto Thunderbirds

-Detroit Lions

-Chicago Bears

-Green Bay Packers

NFCS

-Tampa Bay Buccaneers

-Atlanta Falcons

-New Orleans Saints

-St Louis Stallions

-Carolina Panthers

NFCE

-Philadelphia Eagles

-Washington Redskins

-New York Giants

-Oklahoma City Storm

-Dallas Cowboys

NFCW

-Los Angeles Rams

-San Francisco 49ers

-Las Vegas Devils

-Arizona Cardinals

-Seattle Seahawks

Tell me what yall think of the names, cities, standings, etc.

Also to clarify the meanings behind some of the adjustments:

Raiders moved to LA after Chargers stayed in San Diego, but the chargers would soon move to Oklahoma and become the OKC Storm. After a while, a high demand for a second bay area team and a third SoCal team brought the Outlaws to Oakland and the Sharks to San Diego. The Storm would switch to NFCE to bring the area a rivalry with the Cowboys.

The uneven number of teams per division made it more necessary to realign and readjust the nfl. London was finally added and was geographically closest to AFCE and therefore joined them. Chicago, being Americas 3rd largest city and metro, gained a second team to join AFCN. In the AFCS, financial struggles with the Texans and Titans brought the Texans to highly-demaning San Antonio and the Titans back to Houston to become the Oilers. Not long after that were the new Titans brought back to Tennessee, playing in Memphis. The Jaguars moved to St Louis and became the Stallions. The Buccs moved to Orlando to be more geographically centered in northern Florida, but having only played 2 season as the Orlando Buccaneers, the Buccs moved back to Tampa. Buccs owner gave up partial ownership and became founder and part owner of the new Jacksonville Jaguars. 

CFL had folded in Canada, and Toronto became a high demanding city for football. NFL added the Toronto Thunderbirds to play with the NFCN.

The Mexico City Diablos were added to the NFCW, but due to economic/political issues with the US, the Diablos were forced to be relocated to Las Vegas and were renamed the Devils.

I think that covers it all up, I didnt put much time into thinking of this because quite honestly I made it up as typed lol.

12 minutes ago, ATolly66 said:

Where did the Chargers go?

i just posted that, they made the mistake of staying in SD and under new management moved to OKC. I kinda made up the whole moving to OKC only because i didnt want 2 teams where lightning was the main logo.

12 hours ago, worcat said:

Since the Chargers moved from San Diego to OKC, wouldn't the Chargers name and logo be perfect?

I wanted it to be something a little more storm-oriented because its in Oklahoma. As far as the logo goes, the only thing that would change is that the blue outline would be black.

Archived