Las Vegas NHL Concept

BigRed618

Thought I'd throw in my own idea of how Sin City's team should look. I don't have the jerseys sorted out yet, but I do have logos and a name...

NEVADA NIGHTHAWKS

image.png

First off, I would call them Nevada so people don't get turned off by the name Las Vegas. I used purple as their main color for color parity. Since the Kings went back to black and silver not long ago, there are now no purple teams in the NHL. The logo should be self-explanatory. There's a stealth fighter taking off against a night sky, all encased in a stylized profile of the Silver State. C&C appreciated.

Looks cool to me. I figured out right away what it's supposed to be. I'm not sure the average person knows the F-117 Nighthawk is a type of stealth craft, though; most people probably think of a bird when they hear the word "hawk."

The one thing I'd change would be to make the angle at the bottom of the logo a bit steeper. That's what's holding it back from making it obvious it's an outline of Nevada.

2 hours ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

At first I thought it was the outline of the state, but tilted. But it's not.

...But that IS what it is... At least that's what I was going for.

12 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

Looks cool to me. I figured out right away what it's supposed to be. I'm not sure the average person knows the F-117 Nighthawk is a type of stealth craft, though; most people probably think of a bird when they hear the word "hawk."

The one thing I'd change would be to make the angle at the bottom of the logo a bit steeper. That's what's holding it back from making it obvious it's an outline of Nevada.

I thought about doing that, but I was worried about making the logo too long. I figured if I made the state outline too realistic, it would lose some of that modern vibe. I'll give it a try, I guess.

I'm usually all in with a team having the State instead of the city if they are the only team in that sport from that state, Like Arizona and Minnesota. I think the Colts would sound better if they were the Indiana Colts. However I'm completely against the Nevada name. Everything about this team is about Las Vegas. And nobody will want a "Nevada" jersey. They will sell a lot of "Las Vegas" jerseys to the many tourists visiting. 

Also not a fan of any name with Hawk in it. Already have the Chicago Blackhawks. 

I think you are 1/2 right, where they will be the Las Vegas Nighthawks. 

Archived