NHL Identity Swap Series (Update Feb. 13)

Bpoe96

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry for the few days off, but we're back...with the first jersey in the series!

Before we start, let me tell you how I went about doing the jerseys. I basically took the striping pattern from the original team, and put it in the striping layout of the new team. You'll see what I mean if you don't understand it now.

First up, Pittsburgh to Washington. These jerseys take the stripes from the Pens current sock stripes and uses them in the layout/style of the Caps' original jerseys. The yellow pants are probably the strangest thing about this concept, but I think they somehow work. Despite not matching the time period for the Caps logo that I style the Pens with, I felt that this made the most sense. C & C appreciated!

Pittsburgh.png

58f9196939e87_CCSLCsig.png.9bc4492f6b88c5f7d305eb5337acf1f0.png

I apologize for the sporadic posting here lately, with my school starting last Monday (22), it's been a bit of an adjustment to get back in the swing of things.

But we're back, a logo set today, some jerseys next. Columbus and Carolina.

Columbus' logo takes the symbol they already have prominently in their logo, the Ohio flag, and uses it in Carolina's style, with swooping red and white stripes, the red circle outline in white in the middle, and the stars surrounding it.

For the Canes, you take the hurricane warning flag, wrap it around a beveled hurricane warning symbol, and you've got Columbus' logo style. Pretty simple explanation.

This personally might be my favorite logo set of the series. C&C appreciated, also for the Pens jersey since I haven't gotten any for it. I'm surprised nobody mentioned the yellow pants. :lol:

Carolina.pngColumbus.png

I also just realized I had Columbus and Carolina both on that original list..let me see who I missed, and I'll update it again.

1 minute ago, Bpoe96 said:

I apologize for the sporadic posting here lately, with my school starting last Monday (22), it's been a bit of an adjustment to get back in the swing of things.

But we're back, a logo set today, some jerseys next. Columbus and Carolina.

Columbus' logo takes the symbol they already have prominently in their logo, the Ohio flag, and uses it in Carolina's style, with swooping red and white stripes, the red circle outline in white in the middle, and the stars surrounding it.

For the Canes, you take the hurricane warning flag, wrap it around a beveled hurricane warning symbol, and you've got Columbus' logo style. Pretty simple explanation.

This personally might be my favorite logo set of the series. C&C appreciated, also for the Pens jersey since I haven't gotten any for it. I'm surprised nobody mentioned the yellow pants. :lol:

Columbus Carolina Logos.png

WOOOOW. Absolutely floored by this set.

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

On 8/31/2016 at 1:25 PM, OhioSportsMan61 said:

Blown away by the Hurricanes logo you came up with. One minor adjustment to the Blue Jackets is that I would make the flag endings the same unique shape that the Ohio flag  actually is. That would make this concept logo even better!

I was actually thinking that right before I posted it, but just wanted to get it out there at this point. Definitely something I'm going to try.

Apologies for all to the gaps in posting, I'll try to be more diligent with it from now on, the format for these being released may slightly change but it's nothing major.

1 minute ago, Bpoe96 said:

I was actually thinking that right before I posted it, but just wanted to get it out there at this point. Definitely something I'm going to try.

Apologies for all to the gaps in posting, I'll try to be more diligent with it from now on, the format for these being released may slightly change but it's nothing major.

Hey life comes first. I completely understand. In no hurry. Just gives us some time to guess who gets paired with who ?. In NO PARTICULAR RUSH

Right now, we have another jersey design.

Those who read HJC and followed the Open a few months ago probably have seen this one already (and the Pens one too actually). This set for Columbus takes the previous flag inspired pattern on the jersey Carolina had, and uses the stars from the Ohio flag in place of that. The stripes below that also come from the Ohio flag, so there's a bit extra symbolism thrown in that wasn't on the Canes' original jerseys. 

C&C Appreciated!

Columbus.png

• 2 weeks later...

I apologize again for the lack of posts here, this week especially has been very busy for me.

In order to keep from running out of things to post quickly, we're going to be releasing logos one by one from now on. This also allows us to show you some logos we've done, but not their partner's logo.

Up today, Chicago.

Chicago's is pretty simple. It takes the tomahawks and C from their secondary logo, and rearranges them in the style of Buffalo's logo. I hate the gray outlines on Buffalo's current logo, so I suppose this one is more of a swap with their original logo than their current, and unless this is just me, it has a bit of a vintage look to match.

C&C appreciated, and thanks for your patience!

Chicago.png

Well, this week is shaping up to be another busy one for myself, so this may be the last post this week. I'll try to get another one out if possible, but I'll have to play it by ear.

Let's continue where we left off and go to Buffalo.

Originally, I had designed this logo to be a swap with Chicago's current logo, rather than the vintage one it ended up becoming. But when I finished, I thought the logo looked a bit rough and not modern enough, and thought it matched better with this logo. Then I just made the roundel, matched down to the typeface. In the future, when time permits, I may go back and do a refined modern version.

C & C appreciated as always!

Buffalo.png

Guest darkpiranha

Easily the best logo swap series I've ever seen.  Every one of these is a winner (except Buffalo, but that's only because nothing from Buffalo ever wins)

We're back!

I apologize for the really long break from posting here, our first semester ended up being a really busy one, and I also took up another design "job" that cut into any time I had to work on this. Rana (my partner in the series, for those who have forgotten or are just joining us) is still pretty busy this semester, but my workload has significantly decreased so I have a feeling I'll be doing the rest of the designing, but we still constantly collaborate and critique each other's designing anyways, so she'll be involved.

You also may notice that I went back and redesigned all of the previous images to what is in my opinion a much cleaner layout, and all the previous have been removed.

I'll be posting the next logo momentarily, so stay tuned.

Our next installment in the series is also the most recently designed one; I finished it about a week or two ago.

This one takes Nashville in the style of Florida's new logo. I was expecting this to be one of the harder ones to design, since I essentially had to design the head of the Predator from scratch, and I have minimal experience in that. Overall, I think it turned out quite well. The typeface also isn't exactly a match with Florida, but it's close.

C&C appreciated as always!

Nashville.png

11 hours ago, Bpoe96 said:

Our next installment in the series is also the most recently designed one; I finished it about a week or two ago.

This one takes Nashville in the style of Florida's new logo. I was expecting this to be one of the harder ones to design, since I essentially had to design the head of the Predator from scratch, and I have minimal experience in that. Overall, I think it turned out quite well. The typeface also isn't exactly a match with Florida, but it's close.

C&C appreciated as always!

Nashville.png

Nashville PredaPanther is not pleased. 

Lol- looks like he's pissed off at being shoved inside a shield. It's cool. Awesome job on all of these. 

sig.png

Archived