Sketchup Baseball Stadium

KCDesign

I'm new to the forums, and I am on here to share my designs, mainly baseball stadiums. Without further ado, I would like to introduce my first stadium. It doesn't have a name or a team, but I hope to begin to incorporate those in the future. For this stadium, I took a lot of inspiration from Target Field and Kauffman Stadium. FYI, the mountains are just there to get a good grasp of how the sightlines are from the stadium, and the outside of the stadium is incomplete. 

Screen Shot 2016-08-20 at 12.57.36 PM.png

Here's the shot from the top row of the lower bowl, you can see the bullpens in center along with the batters eye terrace. The high wall in right center allows for adequate standing room to hold more fans. Down the right field line, you can see the big building that houses a restaurant and game day offices (concessions, merchandise sales, etc.). 

Screen Shot 2016-08-20 at 12.56.06 PM.png

Here's the view from home plate, same as the one above, but with the POV from the batters perspective. 

Screen Shot 2016-08-20 at 12.58.38 PM.png

Here is the view from the standing platform in right center that I mentioned earlier. From here you can see the upper deck construction, suites, and press box. 

Screen Shot 2016-08-20 at 12.59.16 PM.png

Here's a view from farther out of the stadium, where you can see the materials used on the outside of the stadium and get a better feel for the inside design of the field. 

Screen Shot 2016-08-20 at 12.57.56 PM.png

Final view I have, on the front of the stadium (rounded portion) you can see the front offices, and main entrance. There are also entrances down the 3rd base line, 1st base line, right field corner, right field, and left field. The main team store is housed down the 1st base line (the thing that juts out of the main wall). 

As with everyone else, C&C is well appreciated! (I most likely won't edit this design but I will take C&C into consideration to improve my designs going forward. 

I like it! There was a thread by Commodore Crablegs (I think) where he gave some tips for making 3D stadiums. One I remember in particular is where he taught how to make 3D seats, and it makes the stadiums look a lot more realistic. I'd check it out. 

image.png 

"Okay, Mr. OKC, you obviously have never been to Louisville."

ya check out my stuff cause im awesomely awesome.

um...tough but fair™ critique time!

- presentation matters.

a stadium literally floating out in the middle of the countryside is weird. you could show the outfield mountain beauty shot, and in the rest of the general views just hide the terrain.

-  looks architecturally sound, but....

the upperdeck portals wouldnt be right on the lip of the deck tho. those areas are prime seating. and yea the tunnel placement gets weird in the LF corner.

- distance markers/dimensions ? lighting towers? location?

- generated terrain is intriguing. usually its photo backdrops, so thats groovy.

a huge part of baseball stadiums identities are their sense of place. considering the street grid or other immediate invrons in the initial design would help give your jazz those lil dashes of authenticity that help sell the concept. 

rock on!

1 hour ago, Commodore Crablegs said:

ya check out my stuff cause im awesomely awesome.

um...tough but fair™ critique time!

- presentation matters.

a stadium literally floating out in the middle of the countryside is weird. you could show the outfield mountain beauty shot, and in the rest of the general views just hide the terrain.

-  looks architecturally sound, but....

the upperdeck portals wouldnt be right on the lip of the deck tho. those areas are prime seating. and yea the tunnel placement gets weird in the LF corner.

- distance markers/dimensions ? lighting towers? location?

- generated terrain is intriguing. usually its photo backdrops, so thats groovy.

a huge part of baseball stadiums identities are their sense of place. considering the street grid or other immediate invrons in the initial design would help give your jazz those lil dashes of authenticity that help sell the concept. 

rock on!

Thanks for the feedback. I think I got myself in over my head trying to start by designing something so large, and didn't take the time to do the little details. I'm going to try making a smaller stadium and focus on the details and see how that one turns out. 

Archived