Stars Who Played for Two of Your Favorite Teams

rmackman

I don't post on here very often anymore, but I recently had a thought that I believed other board members may share.  I happen to have more than one favorite team in each sport, and this is primarily because I didn't grow up in just one place. There have been star players who have played for both of my favorite teams, but this doesn't happen often.  I'll post those below.  My question is, how many other board members also have had star athletes or favorite players whom have donned uniforms of both of your favorite teams?

Gary Sheffield - Marlins/Brewers

Sheffield.jpg

Terrell Buckley - Packers/Dolphins

Buckley.jpg

Ray Allen - Bucks/Heat

Allen.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Brian Stork - won a national title with FSU, & a SB with the Patriots.  That's pretty heady qualification there, even if I never thought much of him more than just some guy.

Alas(?) I've never had multiple favs in one sport.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

There's really only one sport where I have a secondary team, baseball. But Randy Johnson comes to mind as having played for the Diamondbacks and Yankees.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

I've always kinda been a fan of the New Jersey Devils along with the Minnesota Wild... Now I know what you're thinking... I'm not actually going to say Parise. Sure He's great, but I never really payed THAT much attention to the Devils. The one player that played for both that I really liked was Ryan Carter... He's from my hometown of White Bear Lake, and he was always fun to watch with the Devils, and now with the Wild. (Although I don't think the Wild resigned him this year...) :(

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

My first thought was whether anyone played for the North Stars and Wild...with only a 7-year gap it woulda been possible.  But I am pretty sure that never happened.

I am a one-team guy, though when I was a kid, I had all sorts of secondary teams based often on uniforms.  

• Paul Molitor: Brewers and Twins.  Back in the 1980s I liked the Brewers because my uncle (a former Mil. Braves fan) did.  And we went to Milwaukee every year to see the Twins play outdoors.  So I liked the Brewers in those days. I would not put, say, Carlos Gomez in this category because I don't care about the Brewers any more.
  • Anthony Carter: Played for the Vikings and eventually the Lions, who I liked at the time because of Barry Sanders.

I am sure there are other marginal players...I liked the Bengals and Bucs into the mid-1990s.  The Spurs in the early 1990s.  The Celtics in the 80s.  The Red Wings in the 1980s and early 1990s.

I enjoy when players from my alma mater (Wisconsin) play for my pro teams.  This includes Ryan Suter, Tom Gilbert, Michael Bennett, Erasmus James (bust), and for four games Paul Grant.  But I guess "stars" is in the title, so this does not apply here.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived