Football Helmet Visor Discussion

TheRicSlick

On 9/2/2016 at 0:58 PM, dsaline97 said:

It's not a photoshop, it's just something he'll wear in practices and pre game. The Bills have worn similar visors:

bills-620x572.jpg

They look like idiots, but it's real nonetheless. 

They are idiots to be completely honest. More like a bunch of apes being morons and trying to be cool if you ask me!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, debo0775 said:

Interesting choice of words...

And yes, those visors look silly.

I had to call it out. I mean, these young men need to realize in the NFL, it's not about looking cool. It's about killing the other opponent. I mean beating the other opponent. That came off like Ray Lewis.

Anyway, they need to realize what a team color is. Some teams do need to fix them. But once again the visor situation is because since Jim McMahon and a few started to do the visors due to their physical health, others wanted to do it to look good which is stupid. They give those who had a purpose to wear the visor a bad name. Looking at it now, it feels like these guys want more, more, more. But do they realize how stupid they are looking so cool while they do not medically need a visor? Only people who need a visor is guys like McMahon, Taylor, your know Dickerson needed one because he wear glasses more likely, those guys. Not some jabroni trying to look good and cool because he believes he is some damn hip hop thug superhero. Come on man!

11 hours ago, Silver_Star said:

I had to call it out. I mean, these young men need to realize in the NFL, it's not about looking cool. It's about killing the other opponent. I mean beating the other opponent. That came off like Ray Lewis.

Anyway, they need to realize what a team color is. Some teams do need to fix them. But once again the visor situation is because since Jim McMahon and a few started to do the visors due to their physical health, others wanted to do it to look good which is stupid. They give those who had a purpose to wear the visor a bad name. Looking at it now, it feels like these guys want more, more, more. But do they realize how stupid they are looking so cool while they do not medically need a visor? Only people who need a visor is guys like McMahon, Taylor, your know Dickerson needed one because he wear glasses more likely, those guys. Not some jabroni trying to look good and cool because he believes he is some damn hip hop thug superhero. Come on man!

W. T. F. ?

I had a condition called iritis  my senior yr of high school. It's basically light sensitivity associated with a virus or cold...lasted about 5 days- healed with drops / no big deal. Anyway- as someone who spent hours buying neck rolls, custom face masks and spandex -usually from the womens section in Macy's (under armor was a fledgling company c.1997 so spandex was tough to find) all in an effort to look like a badass... this was the jackppot of all jackpots! haha...I quickly had my doctors note and a dark visor shortly thereafter. 

14 hours ago, Gupti said:

All of your posts in this thread make sense when read in Donald Trump's voice.

I understand and I am still voting for Trump.

Now back to topic please.

Anyway, Jim Harbaugh did do that during his later Bears and then his Colts days. I always thought that was smart for him to do. I was right about Erick Dickerson, he does wear glasses, so his visor was clear, but it was prescribed due to Dickerson being far sighted or maybe near sighted. I forgot! BUT DICKERSON DID WEAR GLASSES THOUGH!

So I got some who needed visors listed:

Jim McMahon = Sunlight blindless.

Erick Dickerson = Sight problems without glasses.

Lawrence Taylor = Eyes near gouged out I think during the 1989 or 1990 season or maybe earlier than that.

Jim Harbaugh = His eye reading became predictable, so he used a visor just to conceal it.

N. Means = Chargers runningback from the 1990's. He wore one because he also had sight problems too. Just like McMahon, Means wore shades during the day and not at night.

There was a quarterback from the late 80's to early 90's like Jim McMahon that wore a visor, but a clear one like Dickerson because the quarterback wore glasses most of the time.

If memory serves me correct, you know Howie Long probably wore a visor. I know since 1994 when he worked for Fox Sports NFL Football Gameday I noticed he wore glasses a lot! Someone clue me in on it and find out if Long did wear a visor?

But this list is to weed out the ones who need visors the most. More ways than so those people have legit reasons to.

16 minutes ago, Silver_Star said:

I understand and I am still voting for Trump.

Now back to topic please.

Way to attempt to fix something you derailed...might want to lighten up.

On topic, visors for football helmets should only be needed when medically necessary (including contact lenses)

23 minutes ago, AstroBull21 said:

On topic, visors for football helmets should only be needed when medically necessary (including contact lenses)

Well exactly. More visors are suggested for medical reasons. I think more than likely that there should be some form of physical that should be done in order to prevent people from wasting the NFL teams money or the equipment personal of the team's money from ordering visors that about 67% out of 33% of NFL players wear for fun which is why the league was cracking down on people who were just there for the money, i.e Chad Johnson (I felt he was there for the money and kept getting fine for doing odd stuff in the endzone that made me which that Disney was over), then the guy who shot up the strip bar, then the other guy who shot his foot when he was about to do some gang battle.

See, when I see these things occur in the NFL, I think the rules and regulations should be focused on off the field antics and also WASTING THE NFL'S money to do strange things to your uniforms, i.e Chad Ochocinco (exempt Ron Mexico because people need to know that Vick's alias when he went to do his STD testings).

So these visors on the helmets are becoming a problem and the NFL needs better medical staff to do through physicals in order to weed out people using the visors for their own purpose.

Besides Silver_Star's ramblings about players misbehaving and some other nonsense, are visors and their supposed cost really that big of a deal?  They cost like $50 at any sporting goods place and likely are provided at a lower cost to teams due to them buying directly from the manufacturer.

Archived