LA Kings Burger King Logo Redesign/Modernization

TheHydroPole

I decided to try and redesign a logo by hand for the first time. Printed out a sheet full of the logo I wanted to trace and redesign, pulled out some parchment paper and started tracing the parts I wanted and modifying by hand the parts I did not want. I then took a picture and traced it all over again in Illustrator and made more changes there. All in all, I actually dig how it turned out. If 

Let me know what you think!

IMG_6733.JPG

OldNew.png

Presentation.png

Mockup.png

Kopi.png

Looking at it now, a change I might make is to make the circles of the crown white and maybe make the beard look less like an "M" although I had the idea of maybe just making this a Manchester Monarchs redesign (Kings ECHL affiliate). 

OldNewMonarchs.png

Thanks for reading and let me know what you think!

I'm not sure how I feel about the kings using it for anything more than an alt, but love the idea ove the monarchs going to this, full-time.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

It's definitely a nice logo. I have to say it looks like your first king had been packing in the pounds during the offseason so he could hibernate on the hockey rink :P

The new is worlds better, you're definitely on to something.

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

"Winners never quit, and quitters never win." ~Vince Lombardi

• 1 month later...

Looks great, I'd even like to see these on Ontario, full time. Good work!

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Archived