NFL | Philadelphia Eagles logo modernization | Updates

Go Red Sox!

Back with an NFL project, a modernized version of the Philadelphia Eagles current primary logo, the Eagle head.

My intention was to keep the iconic eagle as the team's primary mark, making it simpler and give it a timeless, modern look. Different areas were revised, like the eyes, the beak, the feather lines (which are now only three in order to shape an abstract "E" for "Eagles"). Plus, the Eagles are wearing Kelly Green again – not the exact shade like back in those famous Randall Cunningham years, but just a touch lighter (PANTONE 348 C).

I also recreated the secondary logo with new typeface. The Eagle is still facing right instead of left as in the primary mark. The helmet wing logo remains the same.

UPDATES:

– Green eye added

– Eagle doesn't cover word mark as much as before

– "A" serif in "EAGLES" removed

Logo%20presentation_zpsazdnze0s.png

Philadelphia%20Eagles%20primary%20logo_z

Primary mark 

Philadelphia%20Eagles%20alternate%20logo

Secondary mark

Philadelphia%20Eagles%20wordmark%20logo_

Word mark

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

As echoed before, love the new shade of green, although I wish there was more of it. Perhaps you could make the pupil green instead of using the grey. I also think you need some grey shadow somewhere, the logo just feels a little empty. Other than that this is a fantastic modernization, you clearly have talent.

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

"Winners never quit, and quitters never win." ~Vince Lombardi

I've been pondering the logo since you posted it and I think what @ZionEagle mentioned is exactly what I was trying to put my finger on; the eye being green would add some ferocity that I think generally goes missing in "modernization" projects. Not that you did a bad job, it looks fantastic I really like what you did. I just think fierce and minimal are hard to pull off together. Nice work! Would love to see some uniform concepts with your new logo and color palette.

As usual, I like everything you've done, except...

1- the lower right blocky serif on the A seems out of place since all the other serifs have this nice swooping motion. By taking it out, it would also allow you to slide the G in a little more snug if necessary.

2- in the version with the letters and bird together, the bird covers too much of the L. What if you moved the bird down or the green outline all the way to the back layer?

On 13.9.2016 at 11:07 PM, ZionEagle said:

As echoed before, love the new shade of green, although I wish there was more of it. Perhaps you could make the pupil green instead of using the grey. I also think you need some grey shadow somewhere, the logo just feels a little empty. Other than that this is a fantastic modernization, you clearly have talent.

Thank you!

The green eye actually looks better, plus we have more green now. I dumped the silver shading completely because I didn't want to do it exactly like it is in the current version. And all the other drafts I had looked rather forced, like for the sake of shading, so I left it out.

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

On Tuesday, September 13, 2016 at 11:31 PM, Steelman said:

I've been pondering the logo since you posted it and I think what @ZionEagle mentioned is exactly what I was trying to put my finger on; the eye being green would add some ferocity that I think generally goes missing in "modernization" projects. Not that you did a bad job, it looks fantastic I really like what you did. I just think fierce and minimal are hard to pull off together. Nice work! Would love to see some uniform concepts with your new logo and color palette.

Thanks, Steelman. Green eye added!

23 hours ago, jaha32 said:

As usual, I like everything you've done, except...

1- the lower right blocky serif on the A seems out of place since all the other serifs have this nice swooping motion. By taking it out, it would also allow you to slide the G in a little more snug if necessary.

2- in the version with the letters and bird together, the bird covers too much of the L. What if you moved the bird down or the green outline all the way to the back layer?

Thanks a lot, jaha32!

You once again have hit the nail on the head. Twice.

The "A" serif is totally superfluous and counterproductive, therefore it's gone as you suggested.

And the "L" in the word mark logo isn't covered as much as before.

LOGOS ARE UPDATED.

Just wanted to drop in and say great work. I remember when the Eagles changed to their current look years ago, and I'd stare at the beak and just be so aggravated that it had that annoying sharp corner to it...I know it's scientifically correct, but I still hated it and felt that it made the logo a lot worse. By rounding out the beak you have made the logo a lot more tasteful. The rounding of the neck has also helped to make this cleaner and more visually appealing.

Archived