MLB Tweaks and Expansion Made in Paint (Portland Thorns 36/36)

Victormrey

20 minutes ago, mjd77 said:

Hell, just steal the Mariners fauxback alternate colors.  That would look great for the Brewers, and I believe that blue is a bit darker shade of royal.  Looks absolutely great with the cream and yellow.

I was thinking that, too!! It looks really good on them...but it's a look that belongs in Milwaukee. 

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, MJD7 said:

That was my thought as well, so I was debating between which of these two to suggest, maybe you'd like the lighter one. The darker of the two is the one above.

Gold.pngGold.png

12 hours ago, coco1997 said:

I'd probably take the one on the right. Too orange and they'll wind up looking like the Mets.

11 hours ago, mjd77 said:

Hell, just steal the Mariners fauxback alternate colors.  That would look great for the Brewers, and I believe that blue is a bit darker shade of royal.  Looks absolutely great with the cream and yellow.

10 hours ago, Paul Lucas said:

I was thinking that, too!! It looks really good on them...but it's a look that belongs in Milwaukee. 

So, I took M's fauxback blue and @MJD7 lighter colour. This is the result:

Milwaukee Brewers Colour Scheme Test 3.png

More beer! More beer!

In the end I decided to go for a classic look for the Brewers. The home uniform is cream, given Milwaukee is known as the "Cream City" an the road uniform is light blue, inspired by the first Brewers' road designs. All the uniforms feature a sleeve design inspired by 1970/71 unis.

Also, I created new wormarks, using the "Lobster 1.4" font.

Milwaukee Brewers Home Uniform.pngMilwaukee Brewers Road Uniform.pngMilwaukee Brewers Home Alt Uniform.pngMilwaukee Brewers Road Alt Uniform.png 

Nicely done! It looks like them...and still allows you to keep the Mariners' alt. You've managed to find colors that work for the cream (great team effort). And I love blue road uniforms for them. I think the alternates might look better switched around. 

Really fun take on the Brew Crew! The colors work beautifully and I think you chose a wordmark and number style that suits them perfectly.

I agree with @Carolingian Steamroller that the radial arching doesn't totally work. How about keeping the arching on "Brewers" but making it straight for the "Milwaukee" wordmark on the road and road alt?

2 hours ago, coco1997 said:

I agree with @Carolingian Steamroller that the radial arching doesn't totally work. How about keeping the arching on "Brewers" but making it straight for the "Milwaukee" wordmark on the road and road alt?

I actually really like the arching for "Milwaukee." It really brings the set together in my opinion. Although it would look good being straight with the barley sheaf under it. I guess I'd have to see, but everything else on this concept is perfect.

12 hours ago, Paul Lucas said:

Nicely done! It looks like them...and still allows you to keep the Mariners' alt. You've managed to find colors that work for the cream (great team effort). And I love blue road uniforms for them.

12 hours ago, MJD7 said:

This looks great! I think the slightly darker colors really works to its favor. The home & road colors look really nice as well

12 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Looks great! I really like the sleeve treatment and the Wisconsin logo (Actually could that be on an alt?)

I'm not quite feeling the radial arching of the word marks. Have you tried doing just straight across with the barley sheaf underneath like the cap logo?

9 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Really fun take on the Brew Crew! The colors work beautifully and I think you chose a wordmark and number style that suits them perfectly.

7 hours ago, ahowe6464 said:

I actually really like the arching for "Milwaukee." It really brings the set together in my opinion. Although it would look good being straight with the barley sheaf under it. I guess I'd have to see, but everything else on this concept is perfect.

Thank you all for the feedback! Here are the home and road designs with straight scripts. What do you think?

Milwaukee Brewers Home Uniform 2.pngMilwaukee Brewers Road Uniform 2.png

13 hours ago, Paul Lucas said:

I think the alternates might look better switched around. 

I think I'll keep the current combinations, in order to match the gold top with the cream pants and the blue top with the grey-ish blue pants.

6 hours ago, Paul Lucas said:

Looks good! Maybe make the 'S' on the 'BrewerS' lowercase to match the road and give the alternates the same wordmarks.

5 hours ago, ahowe6464 said:

Looks a lot better than I thought it would! Only nitpick is what @Paul Lucas was referring to, change the S in BrewerS.

2 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

But seriously those edits are perfect. I'd buy the powder jersey in a heartbeat. 

Thanks guys!

I've made the S in lowercase and applied the script to all the unis:

Milwaukee Brewers Home Uniform 2.pngMilwaukee Brewers Road Uniform 2.pngMilwaukee Brewers Home Alt Uniform 2.pngMilwaukee Brewers Road Alt Uniform 2.png

Archived