MLB Tweaks and Expansion Made in Paint (Portland Thorns 36/36)

Victormrey

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

That looks terrific! This may seem random but would you consider swapping black out for silver? Grey tends to stand in for silver when it comes road uniforms so going with a silver backdrop on the home uni and cap have two benefits: 1. matching with the roads and 2. matching the old TWolvers logo

4nlaen3fgtkwiqgivisid6h4u.gif

I second that.

On 9/15/2016 at 4:35 AM, Victormrey said:

Let's continue with the D'Backs.

I think the Diamondbacks are going through a transition time, mixing the Red/Black/Gold scheme with the Red/Black/Teal scheme. I think this makes the team identity look messed up. So, in other to fix this, I decide to take my favourite parts of both styles: I took the red and black cuff trimming from the Red/Black/Gold unis, using the Red/Black/Teal scheme for the logos, wordmarks and the back numbers, while the numbers on the front mainy red.

Also, the diamond pattern is gone, the home and red caps become black and red, the home alt cap becomes all-red, and road alt cap becomes all black. Both home and alt home caps feature now the D logo.

The home and road unis stay almost the same (apart from the changes aforementioned), the alt home uniform is all-red with black details and the D logo, and the alt road uniform is all-black with red details and the A logo.

The Hispanic Heritage uni is gone. As a Spanish native speaker, I can't stand seeing the "Los D'Backs" wordmarks, and "Espaldas de Diamante" wouldn't fit, LOL.

Arizona DBacks Home Uniform.pngArizona DBacks Road Uniform.pngArizona DBacks Alt 1 Uniform.pngArizona DBacks Alt 2 Uniform.png

These need more teal and less black.

11 hours ago, coco1997 said:

The Twins turned out great! I'm really happy you decided to roll with this color scheme. The home and home alt are my favorites.

One suggestion: The blue "Minnesota" wordmark on the green alt isn't as effective, so how about using an interlocking white "T" and blue "C" monogram, a la their current red alternate?

11 hours ago, Paul Lucas said:

Very nice job with the Twins! 

(Not sure what's going on with the seams on the back of the blue jersey)

10 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

That looks terrific! This may seem random but would you consider swapping black out for silver? Grey tends to stand in for silver when it comes road uniforms so going with a silver backdrop on the home uni and cap have two benefits: 1. matching with the roads and 2. matching the old TWolvers logo

4nlaen3fgtkwiqgivisid6h4u.gif

Thank y'all for the feedback! I'll try the TC monogram for the green uni. I will correct the border on the back of the blue top (I kept the light grey from the home by mistake). And also will try out the grey.

1 hour ago, daveindc said:

These need more teal and less black.

I want those uniforms to be "transition" designs, mixing D'Backs both current schemes. If in the future I do another series, I'll be using more teal.

7 hours ago, Victormrey said:

Thank y'all for the feedback! I'll try the TC monogram for the green uni. I will correct the border on the back of the blue top (I kept the light grey from the home by mistake). And also will try out the grey.

You should try the TC on the blue alt. instead. The script on the green jersey is beautiful, and should stay!

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Maybe make the 'T' white and the 'C' blue on the green jersey. (especially since the 'c' is always the darker of the two)

And possibly gray shadow on the numbers, since we're getting rid of the black. 

Excellent job, brother! 

4 minutes ago, Paul Lucas said:

Maybe make the 'T' white and the 'C' blue on the green jersey. (especially since the 'c' is always the darker of the two)

And possibly gray shadow on the numbers, since we're getting rid of the black. 

Excellent job, brother! 

Thanks mate! In the monogram on white, the T is blue and the C is green, that's why I chose that combination for the alt jerseys, in order not to alterate too much the original colours. I've changed the black for grey, snf it looks much better too!

Minnesota Twins Road Alt Uniform 2.png

"Bathing in the purple rain"

So, the special uniforms are a tribute to Prince, the famous musician from Minnesota. Given this, both uniforms feature a mainly purple scheme, as well as a combination of both Twins and Prince logos as sleeve patch.

Minnesota Twins Purple Rain Home Uniform.pngMinnesota Twins Purple Rain Road Uniform.png

52 minutes ago, Victormrey said:

Thanks mate! In the monogram on white, the T is blue and the C is green, that's why I chose that combination for the alt jerseys, in order not to alterate too much the original colours. I've changed the black for grey, snf it looks much better too!

Minnesota Twins Road Alt Uniform 2.png

Just for kicks, could you switch the colors on the TC?

P.S. Those Prince unis look amazing!!!

On 8/10/2016 at 0:08 AM, coco1997 said:

Can we see the original blue alternate (that said "Twins") with the fixed borders/lines on the back?

On 8/10/2016 at 0:09 AM, Paul Lucas said:

The 'c' is always darker.

Yesterday I didn't have time to make the changes. I'll be uploading the designs later today.

Archived