MLB Tweaks and Expansion Made in Paint (Portland Thorns 36/36)

Victormrey

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I want to wake up, in a city that doesn't sleep", so let's go with the Mets!

After doing big changes, I kept Mets designs almost the same. The home uniform remains the same. For the road uniform I got rid of the sleeve blue trimming, using the 1986 "New York" script. Now the big changes come with alts: for the home I decided to do a fauxback inspired by the 1986 home uniform, and the road is inspired by the A Affiliate St. Lucie Mets home uniform, using blue as main colour (thanks to @coco1997 for showing me this amazing uni!).

New York Mets Home Uniform.pngNew York Mets Road Uniform.pngNew York Mets Home Alt Uniform.pngNew York Mets Road Alt Uniform.png

Great work with the Mets. Love the racing stripe alt and the road script. Not feeling the sleeves on the road alt, to be honest. I'd say make the sleeves blue with orange piping...and you've got a winner! Also, orange stripes on the stirrups.

12 minutes ago, Paul Lucas said:

Great work with the Mets. Love the racing stripe alt and the road script. Not feeling the sleeves on the road alt, to be honest. I'd say make the sleeves blue with orange piping...and you've got a winner! Also, orange stripes on the stirrups.

What do you think?

New York Mets Road Alt Uniform 2.png

6 minutes ago, Paul Lucas said:

Gorgeous. I'm a Yankee fan...and I'd buy it. (I think those stirrups would look good on every uniform...except the pinstripes).

Thanks! I think I'll keep those stirrups for that uni. IMO, the other uniforms look better with plain blue socks.

Since the new road alt (which looks great, by the way) now bears no resemblance to that St. Lucie Mets jersey, I have a modest suggestion: Put the racing stripes on the home primary set--because let's face it, the Mets should wear the racing stripes full-time--and make the St. Lucie-set the home alt. Orange sleeves, orange "Mets" script, orange placket piping and orange bill on the cap. (I would leave off the front numbers, though. I think they clutter up an otherwise really clean look.)

Do all that and you have a beautiful set for the Mets that incorporates all the elements you intended to include. 

9 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Since the new road alt (which looks great, by the way) now bears no resemblance to that St. Lucie Mets jersey, I have a modest suggestion: Put the racing stripes on the home primary set--because let's face it, the Mets should wear the racing stripes full-time--and make the St. Lucie-set the home alt. Orange sleeves, orange "Mets" script, orange placket piping and orange bill on the cap. (I would leave off the front numbers, though. I think they clutter up an otherwise really clean look.)

Do all that and you have a beautiful set for the Mets that incorporates all the elements you intended to include. 

Following your suggestions, this is how the set looks like in the end:

New York Mets Home Uniform 2.pngNew York Mets Road Uniform.pngNew York Mets Home Alt Uniform 2.pngNew York Mets Road Alt Uniform 2.png

What do you think?

Not bad, but I think the St. Lucie look works best for the St. Lucie Mets. It's too summery/minor-leaguey for New York. For me, the original set (with new road alt) is the best. It's among the sharpest in the game. Also, I like the alternate use of the racing stripes without going full-80's mode.

Excellent job, V! Can't wait to see my Yanks.

3 hours ago, Paul Lucas said:

Not bad, but I think the St. Lucie look works best for the St. Lucie Mets. It's too summery/minor-leaguey for New York. For me, the original set (with new road alt) is the best. It's among the sharpest in the game. Also, I like the alternate use of the racing stripes without going full-80's mode.

Excellent job, V! Can't wait to see my Yanks.

1 hour ago, ahowe6464 said:

Road/Road Alt are great. I agree with @Paul Lucas though, aside from the new road alt, you crushed it on the original set.

24 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

I think the original all white with racing stripes works way better than the one with pins. Love the gray road too.

Thanks for the feeback!

9 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

I know the St. Lucie-inspired alt seems to be unpopular, but can we see it with the "Mets" script in orange like the original St. Lucie jersey? Other than that, everything is perfect! 

Here you go ;)

New York Mets Home Alt Uniform 2.png

On 10/10/2016 at 6:09 PM, coco1997 said:

Beautiful! Exactly what I wanted to see.

I'm ready for the Bronx Bombers!

Here we go!

To be honest, the Yankees' set was the easiest set to design. Let's admit it, whether you love them or you hate them, they have one of the most iconic looks, not only in baseball, but in sports in general.

The home uniform remains the same, except for the front logo: I changed the original design for the cap logo, in order to create a more consistent look, and for the road uniform I changed the order of the colours on the trims.

I decided to create two alternate uniforms: both use the same script. The home alt is cream and navy, while the road alt is navy/red/white inspired by some Yanks jackets which feature those colours (thanks to @Paul Lucas for suggesting that scheme!).

New York Yankees Home Uniform.pngNew York Yankees Road Uniform.pngNew York Yankees Home Alt Uniform.pngNew York Yankees Road Alt Uniform.png

Those Yankees alternates are fantastic. I love everything about them.

One small suggestion for the road set: Try making the crown of the cap gray with a navy bill, navy "NY" and white trim around the logo. I've always wanted to see what this would look like, and I think it would fit your concept well. 

15 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

Those Yankees alternates are fantastic. I love everything about them.

One small suggestion for the road set: Try making the crown of the cap gray with a navy bill, navy "NY" and white trim around the logo. I've always wanted to see what this would look like, and I think it would fit your concept well. 

Nice idea! Let's see if I can pull it off.

Archived