MLB Tweaks and Expansion Made in Paint (Portland Thorns 36/36)

Victormrey

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Nice job on the A's! No drastic changes. I dig the lighter shade of green and the sleeve stripes.

11 hours ago, Paul Lucas said:

Great job on the A's! They have a great set and you've made it even better. 

Thank you both!

11 hours ago, Paul Lucas said:

(Don't really like the white on the road cap...and also the differences in color between the 'A's' logo and the numbers on the back)

I think that if I made the numbers from the alts mainly white they wouldn't be really visible, that's why I inverted the colours from the A's.

2 hours ago, DIYsportsguy said:

Add the yellow sanitaries under the green stirrups and you have a really good update of the 70's dynasty uniforms. I'd buy one.

I actually haven't been adding the sanitaries to the stirrups. This how the A's design would look with the yellow ones:

Oakland Athletics Home Uniform 2.png

The next design was requested by @coco1997: "When the Marlins relocated in 2012, the A's became the last MLB team to share a stadium with an NFL team. Now, it sounds as though the Oakland Raiders will be moving to Las Vegas sooner rather than later. So my idea is for a Raiders-tribute uniform using black, silver and white".

And this is the result:

Oakland Athletics Raiders Uniform.png

The original idea was to use the A's 80's wordmark, but we couldn't find it. So thanks to @Paul Lucas for suggesting to use the script from the Oakland flag!

1 minute ago, coco1997 said:

That turned out really nice. My only suggestion would be to add white trim to the "Oakland" wordmark so it matches the trim and the back numbers. Other than that, I love it!

I'd have liked to add it, but I tried and I failed :upside:

4 minutes ago, Paul Lucas said:

That's a great look! The Raiders pride themselves on being the "silver and black." I'd get rid of the white entirely (especially on the socks). 

Thanks! The socks are inspired by how the Raiders' socks look in-game. And I decided to use white for the trims in oder to make the kit look more balanced.

Time for the Pirates!

IMO, the Pittsburgh Pirates have the best colour scheme in all the Majors (I'm a sucker for the yellow/black combo), that's why I haven't done major changes.

I decided to change the sleeve patch, using the 1967/86 logo. The home and road uniforms remain the same, featuring the original 1948 stirrups (year in which the Pirates used yellow and black for the first time). The home alternate design is now yellow, using the current black uniform as road alt.

Pittsburgh Pirates Home Uniform.pngPittsburgh Pirates Road Uniform.pngPittsburgh Pirates Home Alt Uniform.pngPittsburgh Pirates Road Alt Uniform.png

Apart from this set, I wanted to try something different. The 1902 road uniform baselayer was hooped, so I decided to apply that style to the long-sleeve baselayer and sleeveless uni versions.

Pittsburgh Pirates Home Uniform Long Sleeve.pngPittsburgh Pirates Home Uniform Sleevless.png

23 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

Love that sleeveless jersey with the hooped undersleeves. Can we see that on the full home uni?

I also like that you brought back the "John Wayne" pirate. I always thought that was a very underrated logo.

Sure! Here you go:

Pittsburgh Pirates Home Uniform 2.png

Archived