MLB Tweaks and Expansion Made in Paint (Portland Thorns 36/36)

Victormrey

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Don't like the look of this old town. What goes up must come down. Character is lost and found on unfamiliar playing ground" Here come the M's!

I love the Mariners' current colour scheme, I think the navy and teal combination is awesome, but the team is not using the best shades of these colours (IMHO at least), that's why I decided to slightly change them. For the logos and wordmarks I decided to go full-80's, bringing back the M-ish trident, and mixing it with the current Compass Rose in order to create a new sleeve patch. About the unis, not big deal, I decided to go for a navy-teal-navy trim on the sleeves, ditching the navy placket trim. I also decided to use the navy/teal cap for all the uniforms.

Seattle Mariners Home Uniform.pngSeattle Mariners Road Uniform.pngSeattle Mariners Home Alt Uniform.pngSeattle Mariners Road Alt Uniform.png

After thinking about it, I decided not to make the cream/blue/yellow fauxback set. There are two reasons: first, I think using the 80's wordmarks and logos for the main set is enough; second, I've alredy used the scheme for the Brewers, and I don't the designs to look repetitive.

Really nice work on Seattle. I love that you brought back their retro wordmarks.

The only thing I'm not a big fan of are the front numbers. They look out of place to me, and I realized it's because the M's current unis don't have them. Let's see what others think. 

1 minute ago, coco1997 said:

Perfection! If the Mariners adopted those changes they'd have one of the best looks in the league. 

Looking forward to the Cardinals! 

Thanks! About the next team, I was going to make the designs for the Padres, given I'm following the order from this site. San Diego and San Francisco come first due to the use of "St." instead of Saint ;)

Just now, Victormrey said:

Thanks! About the next team, I was going to make the designs for the Padres, given I'm following the order from this site. San Diego and San Francisco come first due to the use of "St." instead of Saint ;)

How did I forget the Padres? That's a team I'm definitely anxious to see from you. 

27 minutes ago, Paul Lucas said:

The M's look great! Addition by subtraction. I do miss the silver on the teal jersey (I feel like that look was uniquely theirs). 

I agree with you, the silver on teal is an unique look, but I think the navy script stands out more.

Archived