MLB Tweaks and Expansion Made in Paint (Portland Thorns 36/36)

Victormrey

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great work on the Rays!  It's a great way to blend the crazy 90s rainbows with the current simplified look, and the white-panel cap is a great addition too.  I even like that off-the-walls sleeveless version, in a sort of weird "how does this work so well?" kind of way.  My one complaint is that there isn't as much of the ray logo as I'd like - maybe an alt cap of some sort?  Or maybe you're just saving it for the BP uniforms, which is totally fine too.  And for the Giants "Metallica" script, I echo coco's thoughts in saying that the first one looks like a Z.  The second is the best option here.  Great work, man!

spacer.png

Drink water and try to have fun!

8 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

The second option is better. The first looks like it says "Giantz."

5 minutes ago, FlyingLamprey said:

The second is the best option here.  Great work, man!

Yeah, I agree with you both.

5 minutes ago, FlyingLamprey said:

Great work on the Rays!  It's a great way to blend the crazy 90s rainbows with the current simplified look, and the white-panel cap is a great addition too.  I even like that off-the-walls sleeveless version, in a sort of weird "how does this work so well?" kind of way.  My one complaint is that there isn't as much of the ray logo as I'd like - maybe an alt cap of some sort?  Or maybe you're just saving it for the BP uniforms, which is totally fine too.  And for the Giants "Metallica" script, I echo coco's thoughts in saying that the first one looks like a Z.

Thanks mate! I wanted to keep the wordmarks simple, that's why I've not used it. I've not been designing the BP unis, but I'd totally use the Ray logo for Tampa's design!

11 hours ago, Paul Lucas said:

That looks bada ss! How about adding a baseball (white or cream with orange seams) in the center so it's like lightening coming out of it?

8 hours ago, coco1997 said:

How about the "SF" logo instead of a baseball?

I'll be trying both ideas.

8 hours ago, cjm3114jr said:

Doesn't St Louis come before Tampa Bay?

No according to the order I'm following (alphabetical, alternating between the AL and the NL).

14 hours ago, Paul Lucas said:

That works. But I think the 94-99 one might look even better, even with the cream base: IMG_1139.PNG

(IMO, there's something very 'giant-y' about the letters standing tall)

I like it, but I think the current script is better ;)

Time for the Giants.

The G-Men are one of those great-looking teams from the MLB, that's why I've not make many changes. The home uniform remains the same, dropping the gold from the script. The road uniform uses the same style thant the home, featyring the "SF" monogram. And for the homa alt uniform I kept the same style, using the same wordmark than for the home, instead of the current 70's inspired script.

San Francisco Giants Home Uniform.pngSan Francisco Giants Road Uniform.pngSan Francisco Giants Home Alt Uniform.png

And... Hit the lights! As I've already said, Metallica (one of the first Thrash Metal bands) are based on San Francisco / Bay Area, keeping a close relation to this zone. That's why, as a Thrash Metal lover, I decided to give the Giants a special design inspired by the band:

San Francisco Giants Alt Uniform.png

Archived